Hannan - Klein
Gill - Ellis

Rinne
C. Mason

Inactive
tbd

Injured Reserve
tbd​

It's a night of new faces, new styles, and a new direction for Columbus Blue Jackets hockey. Facing Nashville on the road (where the old Columbus has been beaten and embarrassed more times than we can all count.) gives this new squad, coaching staff, president, etc. a chance to show this change is for the good and is on the right path.

Last edited:

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Been quite a while since we've seen one of these pages... Not expecting much but it'll be great to see the team on the ice again :)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
It does seem long since I've posted in a CBJ GDT.... The last CBJ home opener I watched from the club level just to see Steve Mason look like an idiot and lose the game giving up five goals.... (if I recall correctly)

If Mason does not play the Jackets have a chance to win.... I expect JJ to set the tone...

Richards is a meaningless coach who needs to make the playoffs this season for any chance of staying in the NHL.... if not send him to Siberia.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I think the Jackets are going to win this one, by a 3-1 margin. Goals by Dorsett, Wisniewski, and Brassard. The Preds counter with Ryan Ellis.

At some point during the game, Shea Weber rips off his Preds jersey in favor of Philly orange and black, and leaves the arena with a beer can in hand, Stone Cold style.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
It does seem long since I've posted in a CBJ GDT.... The last CBJ home opener I watched from the club level just to see Steve Mason look like an idiot and lose the game giving up five goals.... (if I recall correctly)

If Mason does not play the Jackets have a chance to win.... I expect JJ to set the tone...

Richards is a meaningless coach who needs to make the playoffs this season for any chance of staying in the NHL.... if not send him to Siberia.

Your memory is failing, unless you last attended a home opened in 2010. Last season, they lost 3-2 in a pretty entertaining game. :)

Not sure about all the Richards hate. Seems wholly undeserved, but I guess we have to complain about something, or at least prepare to complain? Sure, the guy's vanilla and coaches a vanilla style, but it seems to me that it matches the roster, and anytime the style matches the roster, there's a believable chance for success.

Last edited:

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
It's going to be interesting to see what we have.

:rolleyes:

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Skraut, always have enjoyed your videos. Hope you don't lose your zeal for that.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
The factors all the "experts" are saying that give teams an advantage, work against the CBJ.

Low roster turnover.

Familiar coaching staff and system.

Solid in Goal.

So I guess we don't even need to lace them up, just take our lumps and the #1 pick.

But somehow I just don't see it like that. I just don't see this team laying down. If there is half the character in the room as we have been led to believe, then this will be a team to be proud of.

Jackets work their butts off but lose in OT ..... 3-2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad