GDT: CBJ @ Nashville | 8pm EST | "2013 Season Opener" Edition

Renion

Feb 14, 2004
Also, big credit to Bo in the shootout. They posted his numbers, and they weren't pretty. But good showing tonight.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
My god Nikitin and Tyutin were amazing tonight. All of our d pairs were very very solid. I have full trust with Aucoin and any young in he has. Moore played well too, they all did.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The thing that impressed me the most was the FIGHT BACK that we demonstrated.

Bobrovsky gave up a goal on the 1st shot. What would Mason have historically done? Instead, Bob never looked out of it. Sure he gave up big rebounds but he kept fighting and didn't hang his head.

The team showed real resolve. Maybe it was due to tired legs on Nashville's part and we had some more conditioning due to playing during the lockout. In the end, though, they fought hard even when down.

The overall team age is the youngest in the NHL which helps as a game goes along... but at the same time our top 4 defenseman are solid experienced veterans... A unique situation... goaltending is the only question but based on Bob's play tonight things are looking good.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
My god Nikitin and Tyutin were amazing tonight. All of our d pairs were very very solid. I have full trust with Aucoin and any young in he has. Moore played well too, they all did.

I actually was kind of disappointed in the Wiz / JJ pairing. They got caught a couple of times and were thrown around. Were they bad? No, but they weren't as good as they were at the end of last year.

Nikitin / Tyutin were great. Aucoin / Moore were solid which is also great.

Miggus

Feb 8, 2011
Really liked the hustle and speed of this new Blue Jackets team. Also the fact that no Jacket took an obstruction penalty of any sort.

Anisimov's backhand is sweet.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Awesome win tonight, love beating them in Nashtucky.

Anisimov was a stud tonight, he should shoot every puck on his backhand. Bobs had a great recovery after a couple softies. Foligno is (as I said earlier) the garbage man. He will pot a lot of uglies for us with our gunners on the point. Fun team to watch.

Only realy floaters I saw tonight were RJ and Brassard. Brassard redeemed himself. Hopefully RJ just needs to get his legs back.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
My things to take away from this game

1. Atkinson doesn't give a #$%^, going into corner battles with Weber and holding his own. Really impressive hustle.
2. Anisimov much better offensively than I thought, he might have more goal scorer potential than we thought.
3. Johansen looked like he thought the game really well. Against a good team he never looked lost.
4. Bob has the mental toughness to go along with his physical tools, a bad goal early that DIDN'T spiral out of control.

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
:D

That was fun.

All the new additions were fantastic. The fact that our top pairing D was probably our worst of the night was a good thing. Nik and Tyutin are awesome. Moore and Aucoin are a perfect match of speed, skill, toughness and mental abilities.

Attaboy, Bob. Can't really blame him for the 2nd goal, losing his stick, kind of a freak goal.

Nashville may have some problems this year. Rinne looked really...shaky.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Awesome win tonight, love beating them in Nashtucky.

Anisimov was a stud tonight, he should shoot every puck on his backhand. Bobs had a great recovery after a couple softies. Foligno is (as I said earlier) the garbage man. He will pot a lot of uglies for us with our gunners on the point. Fun team to watch.

Only realy floaters I saw tonight were RJ and Brassard. Brassard redeemed himself. Hopefully RJ just needs to get his legs back.

Hey, I lived in Grovetucky for 10 years and now live in Kentucky.... half of Ohio is O'tucky.... ;)

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Nice game couple of observations after one game:

Top line is not good I blame Umberger (j/k even though I can't stand him he's the only one on the top line that played well).

New guys minus Dubinsky (sp) were good.

Johansen has some serious compete/defensive work ahead of him. He was a liability in the defensive zone, while being a asset on the breakout and in the offensive zone, however his defensive play almost cost this team the game a few times.

All four lines were capable tonight against a team that probably won't be that good this season IMO.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
They wre definitely dead tonight! Lets keep them that way!

I'm kinda worry about that Monday night. I rather face a team that barely lost, than face one that got blown out, but we'll see(and me and my brother will be there, cheering the Jackets on!!!).

Anyways, great game tonight. That first minute was terrible, and I think if this was the the team of the last couple of years, we would have got blown out. Great effort. :handclap:
And good job Bobs, I didn't even realize he was making that many saves.:nod:

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Also I thought Moore looked like the best defender on the ice tonight defensively. Moore, Tyutin, Johnson, Nikitin, Aucoin, Wisniewski in order of how well they played IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad