CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part XI

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Here's a nightmare scenario...the game against Indiana gets cancelled due to covid...both teams then win out. Guess who would have more wins and therefore win the Big Ten East? Not Ohio State.

Then Indiana would go to the B10 championship as a top10 program, (and hypothetically) win, and still not make it in.

They'd take a non-conference champ OSU team over Indiana as long as both were undefeated. The only team with a chance to leap OSU is Wisconsin, IMO.

If Clemson were to lose again, or ND were to lose, then both Indiana and OSU could make it in.

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
I too think it's unlikely at this point that OSU is left out, but the Big Ten did themselves no favors leaving no room for make-up games. We've already seen so many games around the country get cancelled. In addition to Dark's nightmare scenario, how many additional games can OSU miss, still be East champs, but the CFP feels they don't have enough wins vs. other undefeated and 1-loss teams to be in the playoff. To reiterate, I think this is unlikely (especially when you factor in the massive number of eyeballs = $$ OSU on TV brings) but this weekend's cancellation is certainly not a positive development

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Unless the have another game canceled and are ineligible for the B1G championship game...I don't see anyway they are still in that way...6-0 vs an 8-1 team would seem to be unfair

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Passed the construction of the new Crew stadium, coming along nicely...what are the plans for the old one? Keep it up and host state football and soccer championship games? More outdoor concerts? Tear it down?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Passed the construction of the new Crew stadium, coming along nicely...what are the plans for the old one? Keep it up and host state football and soccer championship games? More outdoor concerts? Tear it down?

Will be their training academy...they will put more fields around to host local school aged teams

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Unless the have another game canceled and are ineligible for the B1G championship game...I don't see anyway they are still in that way...6-0 vs an 8-1 team would seem to be unfair

You assume the NCAA cares about "fairness" more than money. That would be a 1st.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Watching Toledo at Eastern Michigan. The EMU field looks like they’re playing on a giant cinder track. And I thought Boise State’s field was annoyingly stupid!

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Watching Toledo at Eastern Michigan. The EMU field looks like they’re playing on a giant cinder track. And I thought Boise State’s field was annoyingly stupid!
I have to admit I didn’t like it at first. But I’ve been a Boise St fan for the past 15 years and it’s grown on me. When I visited Boise (great, fun town) I walked thru the stadium and the field looked impressive. But it’s understandably a polarizing look.

Reactions: pete goegan

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
For a school known for turning out NFL defensive backs, OSU always seems to have terrible pass coverage. It’s like they’ve never seen the ball in the air!

Reactions: EspenK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad