CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part XI

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Down goes Northwestern. And the B10 hope relies upon three weeks + of negative OSU, MSU, MICH, and NW tests.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
There is a comical thread about this on the browns board I go on. They can't root for them because of the team colors, or soccer isn't manly enough. I don't follow soccer, but I hope the Crew comes through for you guys. Glad to see they stayed in Columbus also.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
There is a comical thread about this on the browns board I go on. They can't root for them because of the team colors, or soccer isn't manly enough. I don't follow soccer, but I hope the Crew comes through for you guys. Glad to see they stayed in Columbus also.

The colors bother me, too. But it's the same ownership team. How can you not root for them?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The colors bother me, too. But it's the same ownership team. How can you not root for them?
I don't know. The colors don't bother me. It wouldn't cause me to not root for them because I know they aren't Pittsburgh. I don't get how some people view soccer. I am not a fan, it's probably because I never tried to learn the game, but I think soccer players are pretty much some of the best conditioned athletes in sports. The amount of running they have to do during a game is amazing to me. Plus, its still a pretty physical sport. These guys knock each other around pretty good over the course of a game, and they really don't have any equipment, except for maybe shin guards.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I don't know. The colors don't bother me. It wouldn't cause me to not root for them because I know they aren't Pittsburgh. I don't get how some people view soccer. I am not a fan, it's probably because I never tried to learn the game, but I think soccer players are pretty much some of the best conditioned athletes in sports. The amount of running they have to do during a game is amazing to me. Plus, its still a pretty physical sport. These guys knock each other around pretty good over the course of a game, and they really don't have any equipment, except for maybe shin guards.

I went to a Crew game with a friend from London who was studying at OSU in 1999 or 2000 or something, and when we were walking on the concourse he got super excited because we had just walked past a famous English player, a captain I believe. I turned and looked and the guy was gargantuan, just enormous.

They get shit I think for the rolling around trying to sell injuries, which even as a casual fan I find hard to take seriously- maybe everyone feels that way, even them. But yeah, those pro players are monsters.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Obviously I have a bit of bias, but OSU signed on for minimum of 6 games to qualify...B1G told Nebraska, Wisconsin, and who else no to rule changes...

The main thing is the lack of ...um fortitude the NCAA has to not step in here...I think an OSU/TamU game is a very fair deal as a play in game...earn your shot and meet the 6 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad