CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part XI

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
This Iowa-Michigan game is embarrassing for all involved. Iowa turns over the ball on the first play, Michigan has three plays in a row in which they fumble-and-recover, fumble-and-recover, then throw an interception... and two plays later Iowa throws an interception right back. And we're barely two thirds through the first quarter.

View attachment 260879
It was a game of offensive football no one should endure.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Here is the man who has completely ruined my enjoyment of the NFL for the past 29 years:
FB_IMG_1571037495332.jpg

#MikeBrownWasAdopted

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Here is the man who has completely ruined my enjoyment of the NFL for the past 29 years:View attachment 264273

#MikeBrownWasAdopted
I had to do a double take - for a second I was thinking the photo's subject looked like Bruce Drennan!!! LOL. Was thinking "so he's to blame why the Browns suck so bad!?"
Only pro football in Ohio; got to love it...

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Here is the man who has completely ruined my enjoyment of the NFL for the past 29 years:View attachment 264273

#MikeBrownWasAdopted

The Bengals offensive line sucks. Their defensive line sucks. Their QB needs a change of scenery (or occupation). Their coach (who never was even a coordinator at the NFL level) can't make adjustments. The players aren't putting out anything near 100% effort. The stands are less than half full for home game #3 on a 75 degree day with sunshine and no wind.

Mike Brown shows no inclination to hire a real GM or retire.

Other than these things, the future looks bright for Cincinnati Bengals football.

Reactions: sabremike

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Reactions: JacketsDavid

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Freddie's decision making in the Patriots game was absolutely baffling (if true). I can't imagine even a HS football coach making such a bad decision.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The NCAA has got to be the only major adjudicating body in which cooperating with the authorities gets you even harsher punishments. It's a wonder anyone ever complies at all.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
"So, Penn State has an INCREDIBLE run defense. Ohio State is going to have to win via their passing game."

First offensive series: 91 yards on the ground and 0 through the air, for the touchdown.

G-d I love this team. :D

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I'd take Chase. He's a surer shot in my mind.
I believe Mike Brown cares more about marketability than winning. Chase Young is a Buckeye superstar and is marketable but Burrows is a local boy star at the most visible position on the field/team. His marketability would be off the charts. Not that I think Burrows is a bad choice at #1OA (time will tell) but for an owner/GM who has no real football knowledge and whose priority I think is not winning, I think the QB is the obvious choice.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Y'know, I'd written off Shea Patterson. I didn't think he'd do much. That was incredibly hubristic and foolish of me. The kid's done everything the Wolverines needed of him and then some. But his receivers are letting him down really, really badly. :shakehead

Oh well. Go Bucks! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad