CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part XI

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018

Hear, it is like that many of us are acquaintances of even. But how many can even guess that great feeling when you take off from the beak of a ramp. Get to be free for a moment in the air. Man gets to glide like an eagle. Only a ski jumping man can know that.

The greatest ski jumper of all times, four time Olympic gold medal winner, Matti Nykänen died at the age of 55, yesterday. In 1982 Oslo Olympics he took his first World Championship victory in dense fog.

"I am prepared for every day. Even for tomorrow."

Last edited by a moderator:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
ODell is a Brown!!! Jarmo says I am all in, Dorsey says hold my beer
Yeah, I'm not exactly a NFL follower by any stretch of the imagination (I pay attention to some ex-Buckeye careers now and again and that's pretty much it), but this is reading a lot like the reactions when the Jackets traded for Panarin. And I did say at one point I might have to start following the Browns given the Haslams' major role in #SavedTheCrew...

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Catching the Crew game on DVR delay. There's just something about rain games that I just love.
I remember watching one of their CONCACAF games years ago. The field was so inundated that the ball would just randomly roll to a stop in the puddles.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I remember one of my daughter's games when she was about six or seven was played on a field that had several large puddles on it and when the ball eventually ended up in one of them the girls on either side would look at it and go "I'm not getting it; you get it!". It was adorable to watch.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I remember watching one of their CONCACAF games years ago. The field was so inundated that the ball would just randomly roll to a stop in the puddles.

My team ‘lost’ a goal that way in a high school league match. Shot from the top of the box with the goalie having played himself out of position, but the ball stopped in a puddle on the goal box.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Happy to see Duke & Kentucky lose yesterday. Final 4 has Sparty, Auburn, Texas Tech & Virginia. I'm rooting for Sparty to take it all but way thing is going any of the 4 can win. Should be a fun Final 4.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Not a huge basketball fan, college or pro, at all, but I like seeing two schools that have never made a Final Four before and one that hasn't been in 30+ years get there.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Happy to see Duke & Kentucky lose yesterday. Final 4 has Sparty, Auburn, Texas Tech & Virginia. I'm rooting for Sparty to take it all but way thing is going any of the 4 can win. Should be a fun Final 4.

MSU’s win screwed up my Final Four. I had the other 3 teams correct for my office pool :(

Have Virginia winning it all.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
I have a hard time rooting for Auburn because of their coach. I think he's a bit dirty, which is why I was happy to see Kentucky lose.

Having Duke lose cost me about $120 for a bracket pool, but might be worth it.

Go Sparty?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I thought at first this was an April Fool's joke.

Earlier this morning, Major League Lacrosse announced that the league would be contracting from nine teams to six for the coming 2019 season. Ohio was one of the teams selected for contraction. At this time, the Ohio Machine is not scheduled to compete this season. Business partners and ticket purchasers for the 2019 season will be contacted to receive a full refund.

This announcement comes as a terrible surprise to all of us at the Machine. We share in the incredible disappointment in this upsetting news with all those that have supported us over the years.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
As both a Blue Jackets fan and a Tottenham Hotspur fan, the 22 hour stretch from 7 p.m. Tuesday to 5 p.m. Wednesday was surreal.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
wow, they take Duke's QB

Haskins has to be crushed

Late pre-draft scuttlebutt had him talking about the Redskins being a great place to play. Maybe he knew something. Hope the kid does well but I think his stats were somewhat inflated by great yards after catch by the OSU receivers. Also his mobility is suspect. He does have the ability to go deep and he apparently is good at reading defenses. We'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad