Prospect Info: Cayden Primeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We can be pessimistic towards Primeau and avoid being all high on him but he's trending in the right direction and snagged the starting job for the US. This is good news people. If he disappointed, people would be all over it saying we had too much hope in him.

6 of our 7 prospects who made this tough tournament have done very well. We can't ask for more that what they showed us in promise and direction. Remember, this is a good measuring tool as any cause it's the best 18 and 19 year olds in the world.

There are no guaranties in life yes. But our boys have done well and I rather see what I am seeing vs having them disappoint

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Coaching might bring that out.
DWDoUhW.gif

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
There’s not too much pressure you can put on a teenage goalie than this Kid did great! Gratz!

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
He kept it together extremely well vs. Russia. Scrambled and got a tad rattled on one sequence, but fought it off and kept calm the rest of the way. He is definitely an excellent G prospect at this point. Nobody can deny that. Great pick.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We can be pessimistic towards Primeau and avoid being all high on him but he's trending in the right direction and snagged the starting job for the US. This is good news people. If he disappointed, people would be all over it saying we had too much hope in him.

6 of our 7 prospects who made this tough tournament have done very well. We can't ask for more that what they showed us in promise and direction. Remember, this is a good measuring tool as any cause it's the best 18 and 19 year olds in the world.

There are no guaranties in life yes. But our boys have done well and I rather see what I am seeing vs having them disappoint
6 of 7....which one has not played well in your opinion? The kid from the Swedish team?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's a 7th round pick goalie...the fact he's even at the WJC's is already a huge draft win.

Obviously, he's still got things to work on...so do most 18-19yr olds, esspespeci those drafted so late

Imo nothing is a draft win until it affects the NHL team positively, whether the player is ablr to perform at the nhl level or is traded for someone who is - or if Primeau were to be traded for better than a 7th round pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaseballCoach

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
I expect that the hockey pundits will duly upgrade their assessments of the Habs prospect pool, given the WJC performances of Primeau, Poehling and Romanov....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad