Pre-Game Talk: rags

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
One main thing worries me about this Rangers series and it's not their goaltending nor there PP. It's that the Rangers lately have been our kryptonite.

I do think our goaltending is comparable to theirs because Andersen is top notch when he is on his game. So is Shesterkin.

But...time for Carolina to be serious about the cup. Time for their trade deadline acquisitions to step up. This is why we got Kuznetsov and Guentzel; to be game breakers. Our weakness over the years in the playoffs besides special teams, especially last year was we never had that game breaker. Now we do.

Time for them to shine and earn their paychecks.

Also, we have Svech back. He likely would've helped us in that FL series last year.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
This 1000% To get rid of rempe just target his knee.

If he becomes a problem and we lose a guy, simply run fox, panarin, or their gaolie until injured. We won't because RBA doesnt do that, but still there are better ways than fighting a dumb tree.
Not much nurturing from mom and dad, eh? It’s bad karma to advocate hurting people.

• Haha
Reactions: kickback256

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Honestly the Rangers scare me a whole lot less than when we faced them in 2022. On paper this is seems like it’s going to be a very even/long series. I’m feeling Canes in 6. If we can shut down their PP, it could be over sooner, but missing Fast is going to make that more difficult.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I hate that the playoff format forces this matchup in round 2. But if the canes prevail here they can beat anyone else left standing
I view Florida as tougher than NYR, otherwise agree. There are some western teams who just seem to have our number and would concern me a bit because of that but on paper none of them are juggernauts that we couldn't beat.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
One main thing worries me about this Rangers series and it's not their goaltending nor there PP. It's that the Rangers lately have been our kryptonite.

I do think our goaltending is comparable to theirs because Andersen is top notch when he is on his game. So is Shesterkin.

But...time for Carolina to be serious about the cup. Time for their trade deadline acquisitions to step up. This is why we got Kuznetsov and Guentzel; to be game breakers. Our weakness over the years in the playoffs besides special teams, especially last year was we never had that game breaker. Now we do.

Time for them to shine and earn their paychecks.

Also, we have Svech back. He likely would've helped us in that FL series last year.
I know Rod does not trust Kuzy at all (that is plainly obvious), but this is the type of series that you put up with his maybe less than stellar FO % or his defensive lapses sometimes, because when the puck is on his stick he always makes good things happen. This is why we got him......this is where we need Kuzy to be himself and make plays and be a game changer.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
"have no knowledge that we finished with 3 less points than their team did this season."

What they fail to realize is that their President's Cup +3 point performance was based on 2 more shootout wins + 1 more 3 v 3 OT win (we had more regulation wins.).

Memo to Ranger fans, that's not how the Playoffs roll.

btw: if Chytll plays I'm thinking they will sit Rempe. Rempe probably comes in if we get ahead in the series as a motivator for them. He will take stupid penalties and we just need to cash in.

btw: I wouldn't play Pepe unless one of our forwards gets hurt.
btw2: playoff series often bring our different heroes in every series. I'm expecting a big series from 59 & 88 with more room to operate plus a return to statistical norms.
Chytil shouldn't play, dude is one hit away from the friggin morgue at this point. he may have moments where he doesn't even know which team he's playing for.

It'd be nice to be able to plan. Need to catch another game before the puppy arrives.

Unless it's Sunday night I may make the drive to MSG after missing out on going to the Island (glad I did as a 2OT loss followed by a 4 hour drive would've sucked).

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Not much nurturing from mom and dad, eh? It’s bad karma to advocate hurting people.
I AGREE. IT’S BETTER TO ACT INSTEAD OF ADVOCATE.

TAKE FATE INTO YOUR OWN TWO HANDS.

VENTURE FORTH AND HURT THEM YOURSELF.

SUCH IS THE PATH OF VENGEANCE.

VENGEANCE FOR THE FALLEN! JUSTICE FOR THE INNOCENT! AND HOPE … FOR THOSE WHO HAVE LOST IT.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
One thing I know browsing their board; they are friggin scared of Carolina.

Yes, they're rooting for their team and being cocky but they are friggin scared of Carolina. They know that besides maybe Florida, Carolina is the only team that can beat their precious Rangers in the playoffs this year. We owe them that after they knocked us out in 7 two years ago.

However, both teams are different now and it's a different year.

We aren't the Caps. We have a LOT more talent than the Caps do. All the Caps really have now is Ovechin and they shut him down (he had 0 points).

We have Aho, Jarvis, Guentzel, Kuznetsov, Necas, Teuvo, Svechnikov.

I mean, who will they focus on stopping? Can't focus on them all.

Plus we have D that can score. Yes, they have D that can score too but we were 3rd in the league in scoring by our D men.

Maybe Rempe and Trouba will go after us. I know Trouba literally decked Jarvis in game 7 two years ago.

For freaking sakes we were only 3 points behind them this year in the damn standings and played 7 points better than NY throughout the year from December on (we were 10 points back).

We also scored 3 less goals than they have but gave up less in the regular season.

PK will be huge. That needs to be better this series to have a chance. IF our PK can hold strong we have a chance and will likely win the series. If it doesn't...we're doomed.

Yes, they won the season series but they only scored 4 goals the entire series. Hard to believe we lost the series scoring 7 goals compared to their 4. That blowout win in MSG skewed those numbers.

What I know is this will be a VERY tight played series (like that 1-0 game). The Canes should have more room to move because the Rangers don't play a style like the Islanders.

Carolina can exploit their speed more this series.

This will be Guentzels first official game vs NY Rangers. I know he played in that 1-0 loss but that was his very first game coming off injury and he was still getting into game shape and getting used to his new team.

Well, he's used to us now. We need him to contribute more this series to have a chance.

I'll take his 8 goals vs NY in 7 games in 2022 this go around as well.

If he doesn't, at least we have secondary scoring. Ten of our 12 forwards scored at least a goal in the Islander series. That is what you call secondary scoring. KK and Staal were the only forwards that did not score a goal in that series and KK has been close.

Game 1 will be huge. Just like all series I think whomever wins game 1 will more than likely win the series because the winner of game 1 to me always has bragging rights.

I don't see a team winning two in a row. I mean the teams could alternate wins the entire series.

But...what do I know. For all I know either one of the NY Rangers or Carolina could get a clean sweep.

And...the Rangers have been our kryptonite lately.

Reactions: Daeavorn

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Gotta get at least a split in New York can’t come home down 2-0 imo

I agree, a split would be nice but if that does not happen I'll just be thinking of the 2019 playoffs vs Washington. Lost first 2 on the road and ended up coming back to win the series in 7.

However, I'd love to come back home up 2-0 but I think with the talent on both teams a split is the definite possibility

We just need to solve our problems with the Rangers. They've owned us lately and now Carolina has the chance to knock off the best team in the league.

Hopefully, our road woes in the playoffs have been solved because we've played better on the road in the playoffs lately.

MSG has given us nightmares to play there but we did win there this year and we won their once last year and twice the year before so that gives me confidence.

I'm sure viewership of this series will be sky high.

Sorry, if I'm being negative in my assertion but it is really time for Carolina to shine. I don't think Waddell can do much more to make this a championship team.

Each year we have come up short.

He's brought in Guentzel and Kuznetsov to give us game breakers. This may be the best Canes team on paper since our playoff run.

No more excuses this time. Go out there and win.

Man...I am pumped for Game 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad