Prospect Info: Cayden Primeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Keith Primeau's son. USHL product.

Lefty, 6'2, 186 lbs., 17 years old. NHL Central Scouting ranked him 7h best goalie. NHL Network had him as no. 54 prospect.

2016-17, 3.16 GAA, .895 save %.

Habs are well-stocked in goalie prospects, probably sets up a trade.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What did they trade for that pick????

A 2018 7th round pick.

This is exactly what happened last year. Habs traded their 2017 7th rounder to Winnipeg for their 2016 7th rounder to select Henrik Arvidsson. This year, they got their 2017 7th rounder back from Philly for the Habs' 2018 7th rounder. And if the trend continues this way, Habs will get their 2018 7th rounder back from someone for their 2019 7th rounder.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Here are a few thoughts from a write-up I did on Primeau who is one of my favourite prospects in this draft:

If you want the goalie that has the one of the best the size/footwork combination in the draft than look no further than Lincoln Stars goalie Cayden Primeau. A common theme with young goalies is that if you’re big one of your weaknesses are going to the footwork because you are still growing into your frame. Primeau doesn’t have that problem though. His footwork is closer to DiPietro than it is to Petruzzelli. This footwork feeds into Primeau’s crease depth preference where he doesn’t like to be aggressive knowing that his frame will take up a large part of the net no matter where he set in the crease. This results in Primeau being less vulnerable to backdoor or cross-ice passes. Primeau also likes to use a low/wide stance making it even more difficult to score on those types of passing plays.

The main issue of course is consistency. A year in the USHL being the starter and then into the NCAA the next year would really allow him to flourish.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Habs are hilarious. They just keep trading next year's 7th for this year.

I have no problems with this. By the time he even gets to the AHL, it's probably 3 years.

By then Fucale is gone, Lindgren may or not still be in the organization. Ditto McNiven. Timing is good.

Always keep good goalie depth.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Habs are hilarious. They just keep trading next year's 7th for this year.

I have no problems with this. By the time he even gets to the AHL, it's probably 3 years.

By then Fucale is gone, Lindgren may or not still be in the organization. Ditto McNiven. Timing is good.

Always keep good goalie depth.

We also have Hayden Hawkey who had a solid year, nice to have lots of depth at the position spread out in different leagues.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
funny that the pick was from Philly and they took Primeau.

Whose career was ended by a Canadien.

woah :amazed:

Here are a few thoughts from a write-up I did on Primeau who is one of my favourite prospects in this draft:

The main issue of course is consistency. A year in the USHL being the starter and then into the NCAA the next year would really allow him to flourish.

sounds good to me :yo:

edit :

He was in le journal de Montreal in 2012 (!)

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/02/15/vive-les-grosses-jambieres

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad