Prospect Info: Cayden Primeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az

Exactly why he needs at least one full year in the minors preferably two.

He's up to early even though he's better then Kinkaid. I never want to see him again.

It's a failure not to get a good backup in here. Last year was bad enough. Goalies are easy to get , this is so puzzling.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Good to see that they are working on an aspect that can help move the puck efficiently by a backstop. Watching and learning from Price is nice to see along with Waite. Price is arguably one of the best in all aspects of goalkeeping. Can see a few debacles coming during the growth period though.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
That's right I rarely see him going behind his net. A good sign that he wants to work on his flaws. Being an all-round or complete goalkeeper is a must.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Btw, who is that dead center in the back, two rows behind Suzuki, in street clothing? Peca? Juulsen?

I like that he’s the only one with the Hab jersey on (maybe he’ll be wearing a “New Jersey” tomorrow ....no pun intended :naughty:)

Reactions: 26Mats

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
CP sent back down...

I think it's because they want to keep Price hot. They don't want to play Primeau once every 3 games, which is the minimum he needs.

It will be interesting to see if Primeau gets called up for the next back to back and Price plays all the games until then.

The Fisherman

Jul 15, 2019
I think it's because they want to keep Price hot. They don't want to play Primeau once every 3 games, which is the minimum he needs.

It will be interesting to see if Primeau gets called up for the next back to back and Price plays all the games until then.
I think this is good. They can bring him back up when there's another stretch of games to play. Interesting to hear Marc Denis' comments which suggest that he believes the best place for him to learn is at the NHL level while playing 1 game per week. Its not what I would have thought but you have to respect his opinion given his experience

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think this is good. They can bring him back up when there's another stretch of games to play. Interesting to hear Marc Denis' comments which suggest that he believes the best place for him to learn is at the NHL level while playing 1 game per week. Its not what I would have thought but you have to respect his opinion given his experience
Yes, very interesting coming from Marc Denis. Still, I would add that he should be sent back to Laval ever week to additional play one game there per week.

Reactions: jaffy27

Jul 6, 2016
He gave up 5 goals today at AHL level !!!! Could be also because of the team playing in front of him ???

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Apparently he needs to practice, not play...should of kept him with the big club then since he'll only play 1 game until the holidays apparently.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is one of those "cup of coffee" call ups that was a huge success.

Brace yourself. There is going to be a heck of a lot more disappointment and surprises in the short span and fans going to be all over the highs and lows. Why? Cause we are trendy

It will be interesting to see the narrative on our boards in 2 or 3 years from now. The mods better keep these threads available cause I'd love to see past comments where people act like crystal ball experts today

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Apparently he needs to practice, not play...should of kept him with the big club then since he'll only play 1 game until the holidays apparently.

Laval has three games left before their Christmas break. They may alternate so Kinkaid gets two games and Primeau one. Or they may give Kinkaid tonight and Primeau gets Wednesday and Friday.

Nevertheless, Kinkaid needs to play also. He was the back up for the three last games. And his last game, he came in after Lindgren got hurt.

Personally, I would like to see Primeau start all three. But I understand that Kinkaid needs to play also.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Primeau's season to date,

first 7 games, 12 goals against.

next 7 games, 29 goals against

thats including one SO so in 6 games he's given up 29 goals, he's given up 20 in his last 4 starts alone. He needs some time off or something. So glad they called him up to the NHL, giving up 5 goals a game has to be great for his confidence.

Reactions: Andrei79

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yep, that clearly did him in. Taking a subway and winning in his second start in the NHL must have been disastrous for his confidence.

And now he can't stop a beach ball playing behind "one of the AHL's top teams".

He let in 14 goals in 3 starts before the call up and 10 goals in 2 games since so he couldn't stop a beach ball for some reason after starting off great when Laval was one of the top teams in the AHL before they lost an entire top 6, top 2 defense but it's not like Lindgren was having this trouble in front of the same defense. It's highly concerning that he's getting lit up a christmas tree as that can't be good for his confidence but then again I wouldn't have called up someone that was giving up 5 goals a game at the time. Hopefully they don't give him the yo-yo treatment like so many others in the great development plan of the Habs management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad