Prospect Info: Cayden Primeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't think i've ever seen an NHL team call up 2 20 year old prospects while they were struggling, calling up Poehling the first time when he had just been benched for a brutal turnover that led to a goal and Primeau giving up 14 goals in 3 starts before getting the call.

I can't believe there are posters that aren't worried about how this team develops prospects but I guess if you don't really believe in development.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Primeau's season to date,

first 7 games, 12 goals against.

next 7 games, 29 goals against

thats including one SO so in 6 games he's given up 29 goals, he's given up 20 in his last 4 starts alone. He needs some time off or something. So glad they called him up to the NHL, giving up 5 goals a game has to be great for his confidence.
Look at all the injuries and call ups Laval has had. They’ve had a number of guys on PTO contracts because they’ve been so short handed. Some games they’ve missed Varone, Barber,Poehling,Juulsen, Weise, Alzner, Peca, Belzile, Vejdemo. Most of those guys have missed games at the same time. How can you gripe about Primeau when the team in front of him is missing most of their regulars? You can’t blame the goaltending.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Look at all the injuries and call ups Laval has had. They’ve had a number of guys on PTO contracts because they’ve been so short handed. Some games they’ve missed Varone, Barber,Poehling,Juulsen, Weise, Alzner, Peca, Belzile, Vejdemo. Most of those guys have missed games at the same time. How can you gripe about Primeau when the team in front of him is missing most of their regulars? You can’t blame the goaltending.

he was letting in 19 goals in 4 games before the call up when they were healthy, plus Lindgren was playing in front of the same team since they were rotating and he wasn't letting in 5 goals every game. It's very troubling to see a top prospect getting sun burn on the back of his neck from the red light being on so much and I don't trust MB when it comes to development.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
he was letting in 19 goals in 4 games before the call up when they were healthy, plus Lindgren was playing in front of the same team since they were rotating and he wasn't letting in 5 goals every game. It's very troubling to see a top prospect getting sun burn on the back of his neck from the red light being on so much and I don't trust MB when it comes to development.
Healthy? No they weren’t. A lot of those guys were up or injured. Varone and Belzile. Juulsen. Poehling was up. Peca.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Healthy? No they weren’t. A lot of those guys were up or injured. Varone and Belzile. Juulsen. Poehling was up. Peca.

Poehling was back by then, Peca wasn't called up yet, Juulsen was playing as was Belzile. (11-13 to the end of Nov I was talking about). Either way Lindgren wasn't getting shelled like this when he had the same team in front of him and that's troubling.

Jul 6, 2016
Habs made two mistakes with Primeau so far this season....

Calling him up to the big Club....

Re-Sending him down to Laval....

Leaving him in Laval the whole season WAS the solution. The only one.

Habs have played yo-yo with so many of their youngsters in the past, and it had rarely been successful.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Who plays the 2nd night of the back to back this weekend? Lindgren, Primeau, or Pricel?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Who plays the 2nd night of the back to back this weekend? Lindgren, Primeau, or Pricel?

I would give Lindgren a try, but it's hard to know what to do with Primeau, he's just been giving up goals left and right and that's highly concerning but he looked good in the NHL starts so do you call him up and yo-yo him or not, I don't know what's best to do and I'm glad i don't get paid to make that decision. Lindgren has been playing his best hockey in some time but Primeau is the future.

Reactions: 26Mats

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
In a sense, the Montreal goaltending position is the toughest in hockey. You have to be mentally strong. If he can't survive yo-yo'ing, he won't survive Montreal. Looking back at everything Price had to go through, it makes you appreciate him more.

That said, it's not an excuse for the mediocre development decisions this team is making in order to save a few jobs.

---

Tangent: Ever since the mid-1990s when we became a mediocre franchise, the one thing MTL kept excelling at is finding strong-to-elite goaltending. Even guys like Huet, Hackett and Halak had their flashes of brilliance. Then Theodore and Price. This is a almost a constant throughout Montreal Canadiens history. Just seems like we rarely run out of great goaltending. OTOH, we ran out of great forwards a long time ago. Defense is in-between.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Habs have played yo-yo with so many of their youngsters in the past, and it had rarely been successful.
WTF... Him having 2 relatively good games with the big club somehow ruined his season?

You guys are out of your minds.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Someone other than price is going to get a florida game after the break. Sounds like lindgren might be the guy based on what I'm reading here.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I would give Lindgren a try, but it's hard to know what to do with Primeau, he's just been giving up goals left and right and that's highly concerning but he looked good in the NHL starts so do you call him up and yo-yo him or not, I don't know what's best to do and I'm glad i don't get paid to make that decision. Lindgren has been playing his best hockey in some time but Primeau is the future.
I'm not privy to watching him play. But at his age there will be bumps in the road. We try to connect the dots and say it's because of "A, B or C" but you never know.
He did look good in his second start in Montreal. But it's about his development and I would keep him as far from the big club as I could for a least a year preferably two. Goalies often develop even slower then skaters.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Someone other than price is going to get a florida game after the break. Sounds like lindgren might be the guy based on what I'm reading here.
Unless Price is bombarded in TBay, I suspect he’ll start both games

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
In Laval and nowhere else it's an order... I want to see him at the AHL playoffs and at the minimum during a full season and plus there.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

This is almost guaranteed not to have any impact whatsoever on Primeau.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Bergy defenders just can't see how this idiot is ruining prospects by putting kids in the wrong situations.

Reactions: montreal and Tyson

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Then they'll spew some bull**** about how coaching and development doesn't matter and Primeau was always a bust because he was a 7th round pick.

Yup, like every other 'can't miss' prospect that has never been seen again.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

Really? Were you present in the room when they called him up? It may have been clear from the start with the kid that it was a temporarily call up, that it was some kind of tasting what the NHL was and what to improve.

Get real here

Jul 6, 2016
Really? Were you present in the room when they called him up? It may have been clear from the start with the kid that it was a temporarily call up, that it was some kind of tasting what the NHL was and what to improve.

Get real here

Get real... The kid lost his next three games at AHL level when he was sent down and allowed 10-15 goals....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad