Prospect Info: Cayden Primeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Most likely we'll end up trading him for a band-aid solution because Carey Price is literally Jesus, or something. And Price will play 60 games a year with a .915 sv% for $10M.

And I'm a huge Price fan but logic is logic. If Primeau is a league average goalie, you have to move Price. The cost/production ratio would be too far in favour of Primeau. $10M vs. league minimum?

Price should have been traded as a UFA rental a couple years ago. He should have never been renewed.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I would do the same thing Vancouver did with Demko. 2-3 complete AHL season and after that hive him a him a try for the #2. Winnipeg tried to do the same thing with Hellebuyck but at the half of his 2nd year, They didn’t had the choice because of there poor goaltending and injuries

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I think he is going to have a very solid year in the AHL , Habs are finally looking to ice a Calder aspiring team since the Price/Grabovski/Kostitsyn(2) days. Should be very interesting to follow his progression either way.

Reactions: cphabs

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I think he is going to have a very solid year in the AHL , Habs are finally looking to ice a Calder aspiring team since the Price/Grabovski/Kostitsyn(2) days. Should be very interesting to follow his progression either way.

Don’t put the expectation to high for this year. It’s is first year pro, his only 20 and the most game he played in one season is 36. Young goalie who are coming from college always have a transition year there 1st year

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Don’t put the expectation to high for this year. It’s is first year pro, his only 20 and the most game he played in one season is 36. Young goalie who are coming from college always have a transition year there 1st year

He also played bean pot tourny and WJC , he could easily play 40+ games and I find he's mature like Price was around the same age. Should be a solid year for him but there will be a learning curve that's for sure. I really believe in his potential just from what I've seen from him so far.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He also played bean pot tourny and WJC , he could easily play 40+ games and I find he's mature like Price was around the same age. Should be a solid year for him but there will be a learning curve that's for sure. I really believe in his potential just from what I've seen from him so far.

Maybe but look at Demko who is better then Primeau 1st season. It was not bad but It was not fantastic either. I expect the same kind of season.

Last edited:

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Meditation and app do not go. Together.
I'd be interested to know why you'd think that. Meditation isn't an activity where noise can affect it. The goal is to realize that even though someone is talking while you're meditating it's always the same thing, just noise. And it's extremely important to realize that noises, whatever their origins, are ubiquitous. And the goal is to notice them and stay in the present moment while also noticing other things appearing in consciousness. Staying mindful of everything, if you will. Sam Harris does a tremendous job at explaining meditation and maintaining a secular and scientific approach. Some people truly need a bit of a guidance in starting an activity that is a bit less understood and subject to have a few crackpots misunderstand and misuse it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I wouldn't expect him to have a Matt Murray season, which was the best all time for a U-21 goalie. In the last 10 years for U-21 goalies that played in say 35 or more starts,

Martin Jones, 2.25 gaa, .924 save %
Juuse Saros, 2.24 .920
John Gibson, 2.34, .919
Calvin Pickard, 2.47, .918

Elite Prospects - AHL Stats All-time season

last year there was IIlya Samsonov who had all the hype, now he was 21 but struggled early on, ended up 2.7, .898 in 37 games.

So hopefully Primeau can fare better. He should have a pretty solid to very good defense in front of him, and whoever his backup is should help take some of the load off him so he doesn't play more then say 40 starts or so depending on how he's doing. If he can put up numbers anywhere close to Gibson that would be very impressive. I think he can but we'll see how it goes for him.

Maybe but look at Demko who is better then Primeau 1st season. It was not bad but It was not fantastic either. I expect the same kind of season.

I wouldn't say Demko is better then Primeau, at least in the NCAA they weren't. Primeau had the better Freshman and Sophmore years, although he was 4 months older in those years but Demko's first year he played on one of the best teams in the NCAA if not the best while playing for one of the greatest coaches in NCAA history at one of the biggest programs which of course attracts many NHL draft picks.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Trying my luck on a goalie Scouting Report :D:D Actually had a lot of fun doing this one.

Hope you guys enjoy ! Don't forget to subscribe ! I will be putting out more videos in the following weeks.

great vid, I watched a ton of Primeau but hadn't noticed the blocker issue, I'm sure they will work with him to get that corrected as I'm in the same boat as you as I never played goalie so it's more difficult to scout the position. That said I also agree that Hab fans are sleeping on him, which I suspect will change now that he'll be in Laval.

Reactions: livingod

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Marc Bergevin a reçu des appels au sujet d'un espoir - TVA Sports

On Tony Marinaro show today (TSN 690), Bergevin admitted to have received calls from GMs asking for Primeau, on which calls he said: "Unless you offer me a first line center, Im not interested and still, kid is a keeper...

Just thought it was worth sharing so people realize how huge Habs brass value Primeau...

I have an inclination that primeau was actually the next drafts #1 pick and Montreal and the league made sure he was available then so Montreal can have their #1 goalie like they always do.

When are we going to get a number 1 forward?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I have an inclination that primeau was actually the next drafts #1 pick and Montreal and the league made sure he was available then so Montreal can have their #1 goalie like they always do.

When are we going to get a number 1 forward?
When KK fills his frame and reaches his full maturity? What I would guess in about 2 yrs from now...

We also have Caufield and Suzuki that have both top line potential, while Ylonen is going to make all of you fall on your butt next camp...

Patience, the kids are very good...

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Marc Bergevin a reçu des appels au sujet d'un espoir - TVA Sports

On Tony Marinaro show today (TSN 690), Bergevin admitted to have received calls from GMs asking for Primeau, on which calls he said: "Unless you offer me a first line center, Im not interested and still, kid is a keeper...

Just thought it was worth sharing so people realize how huge Habs brass value Primeau...
What if, just what if? Marc Bergevin was able to make a counter offer where he added something else plus Primeau to get a center. Other NHL gm's do this, someone should have called in and told him that while he was on the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad