Prospect Info: Cayden Primeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Renewing him was definitely the right idea. Surrounding him with crap on the other hand... not so much.

I always felt the only reason he signed here is MB gave him a song and dance about going all in. He was going to get that money just about anywhere I think.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He acknowledged that he won't get what he wants.

It's just another way of saying that he won't trade this guy unless a team blows his socks off, which is something we all knew anyways.

Which is ridiculous and irrational of him, but you're right, we know that already.

Shonky

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Whats the future for this kid atm? He kinda came out of no where is he actually a blue chip goalie now? Expect him to be back up soon? And if he does accomplish that theres no way Price gets moved on from is there?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
it's amazing how everything gets twisted around to make MB look dumb.

So he's really high on Primeau and will only trade him if he's grossly overpaid and somehow that's a bad thing? lol. He even acknowledges that it's not realistic but somehow that doesn't make a difference. Just stick to the actual dumb stuff he does for crying out loud. You guys try too hard sometimes and it's not MB who looks dumb.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
What if, just what if? Marc Bergevin was able to make a counter offer where he added something else plus Primeau to get a center. Other NHL gm's do this, someone should have called in and told him that while he was on the air.
Carey Price is 32, who replaces him in 4-5 yrs from now? Anyway, no sensed GM will give you a strong first line center for an unproven goaltender as promising as he is, Bergevin was only saying how much they value the kid...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Whats the future for this kid atm? He kinda came out of no where is he actually a blue chip goalie now? Expect him to be back up soon? And if he does accomplish that theres no way Price gets moved on from is there?

no one knows but he has all the tools to be not only a starter in the NHL but a top 10 goalie in the league or better imo. The question now is how will he handle the AHL and if that goes as well as I think it will then the next question will be how will he handle the NHL.

I've been saying what this kid did in the NCAA at 18 and 19 was jaw dropping, almost unheard of it when you consider he did it while playing in one of the best/toughest conferences in the NCAA.

As for Price, he goes no where until he wants to, who knows if or when that day will come.

Shonky

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
no one knows but he has all the tools to be not only a starter in the NHL but a top 10 goalie in the league or better imo. The question now is how will he handle the AHL and if that goes as well as I think it will then the next question will be how will he handle the NHL.

I've been saying what this kid did in the NCAA at 18 and 19 was jaw dropping, almost unheard of it when you consider he did it while playing in one of the best/toughest conferences in the NCAA.

As for Price, he goes no where until he wants to, who knows if or when that day will come.
Thanks for the response, nice to see that comment of Carey. You seem like an OG joined in 2002 lol damn, im new to the league so ill take your word for the cayden analysis, appreciate it.

Reactions: montreal

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017

So he's really high on Primeau and will only trade him if he's grossly overpaid and somehow that's a bad thing? lol. He even acknowledges that it's not realistic but somehow that doesn't make a difference. Just stick to the actual dumb stuff he does for crying out loud. You guys try too hard sometimes and it's not MB who looks dumb.

I wholeheartedly agree with your post. He doesn't mean he thinks Primeau's value is a 1C. Can't be.

But that is putting unnecessary pressure on the kid right now. Kid is good, doing well, clearly puts enough pressure on himself. Just say you're not trading him.

That is why MTL had so many years of langue de bois and controlling the message, because those kind of statements are gonna end up stirring much more shit than it should on social media. Next thing is he replaces Price in a year or two. I'd like the organization to be more open but I can't blame them when I see people wanting to tear up their shirt for nothing.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal

well its his minions who look dumb. lol. poor MB he cant achieve anything lets cry for him after 7 years of nice words and no substance. the only thing he did well recently is hire Bouchard and Ducharme.. and he only did it cause he was forced to do it and keep his job.. (let alone the fact anyone who follows hockey from the province would have tried that) remember Lefebre? he was supposed to become assitant coach for the habs if it wasnt for the complaining fans. people need to wake up fast. Radulov fiasco (that was real bad, same for the treatment he gave Markov who, lets remember.. Markov always signed really reasonable deals with us his whole career even when he was considered a top 10 defenseman in the NHL.. he never was an overpayed defenseman. talk about loyalty for dogs... LMAO.

cant stand him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

I dont even like MB, but it's so annoying to read everyone attacking him for literally anything. It's pretty obvious that he means that he values Primeau, there is nothing more to it.

Last edited:

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
All I’ve got to say is:

Please MTL developement team, don’t screw this guy up. As of now, we’ve got something really special in him

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Does Bergevin actually expect a number one center for Primeau?

I dont even like MB, but it's so annoying to read everyone attacking him for literally anything. It's pretty obvious that he means that he values Primeau, there is nothing more to it.

The quote was taken out of context. If you listen to the interview, Marinaro asks MB if he's gotten calls on Primeau, given that we already have Price. MB says a few. Marinaro says how did the conversation go? MB says as soon as they brought up Primeau's name the conversation was over. Marinaro says you wouldn't trade Primeau for anything? MB says, sure I'd trade him for a #1 center, but that's not going to happen.

This is what HFboards and TVASports.ca are running multiple articles on...

Reactions: Canadienna

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Which is ridiculous and irrational of him, but you're right, we know that already.

more like an intelligent thing to say, but okay.

He's worth more to us that anyone else right now and if you don't see that, well, you are not fit to be commander in chief.

sell price and get something

or

Sell primeau and watch a #1 goalie leave for spare parts.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

yeah I can't take it when he actually says something that is pretty much exactly what you'd want to hear and people STILL try and twist it.

(MOD)

Last edited by a moderator:

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

Good post......very true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->