Prospect Info: Cayden Primeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I've never fully understood the idea of loaning a goalie to another franchise. I get the benefit for the team shipping the player to another team so said player continues to get decent playing time, but what is the draw for the team playing and developing another team's keeper?

Maybe the team receiving the player on loan is solid everywhere but in net and want to remain competitive?

It's always been an odd transaction in my eyes.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I've never fully understood the idea of loaning a goalie to another franchise. I get the benefit for the team shipping the player to another team so said player continues to get decent playing time, but what is the draw for the team playing and developing another team's keeper?

Maybe the team receiving the player on loan is solid everywhere but in net and want to remain competitive?

It's always been an odd transaction in my eyes.

well it's the same as sending him to the ECHL, since we don't have a team we are just loaning players to different ECHL clubs. Outside of that the only other times we loaned a player is Engqvist when we signed him but loaned him back to his SHL club. So that's the more common route, when a Euro comes over but doesn't make the team but then gets loaned back to his respective Euro club.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
well it's the same as sending him to the ECHL, since we don't have a team we are just loaning players to different ECHL clubs. Outside of that the only other times we loaned a player is Engqvist when we signed him but loaned him back to his SHL club. So that's the more common route, when a Euro comes over but doesn't make the team but then gets loaned back to his respective Euro club.
Gotcha. I was thinking we'd be loaning him to another AHL team.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I would loan McNiven or Lindgren before Primeau. We need to control Primeau development

If they still don’t trust Lindgren to be even a backup at this point, we should just dump him somewhere and move on. With Primeau making the leap, he’s just taking up space.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
the new Dryden? Like that he's brainy. Maybe not Dryden brainy but definitely a good thing that he explores all avenues in trying to gain a competitive edge. Despite the score I thought he was solid. He could still very well be our best prospect.
Yeah I'm no goalie expert but theirs some really knowledgeable people hyping him up. I wonder where he ranks league wide in relation to other goalie prospects

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
I think the best case scenario here is either you include Lindgren in a package deal for pieces back, or you loan him to another AHL club if possible.

I would aim at having McNiven starts 40-45 games since he's earned it. And to have Primeau get the other 35-40, so he can slowly transition to the role. And then next year 20/21 depending on how things go, McNiven/Lindgren likely back up Price & Primeau aims for 50-55 games in the AHL. Then by 21/22 post-seattle draft Primeau either backs up Price or takes over the starting role.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Yeah I'm no goalie expert but theirs some really knowledgeable people hyping him up. I wonder where he ranks league wide in relation to other goalie prospects

yeah that's what i'm curious about too. I know he's well touted but not exactly to what degree. I liked what I saw last night

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If they still don’t trust Lindgren to be even a backup at this point, we should just dump him somewhere and move on. With Primeau making the leap, he’s just taking up space.

It's most likely Lindgren that goes either loan or trade as we could always eat some of his contract if need be. I would think the only way he stays is due to him being a vet and mentor to Primeau since he turns 26 2 months into the season and McNiven just turned 22.

the new Dryden? Like that he's brainy. Maybe not Dryden brainy but definitely a good thing that he explores all avenues in trying to gain a competitive edge. Despite the score I thought he was solid. He could still very well be our best prospect.

Next to Suzuki I thought he was their best player, I turned it off towards the end but no fault on him on the 3rd goal.

He's got to be in the mix for top 10 goalie prospect if not better. I think being picked in the 7th round is costing him now but that could change in a hurry if he continues to improve. I've followed the NCAA for a long time and he just had one of the best 18 and 19 aged seasons I've ever seen. With the NCAA you have to look at the conference they were in, out of the Division I, it really should be looked at as Div I - NCHC, HE, Big 10 (Harris/Struble/Caufield/Gorniak/Stapley) and the rest should be more like Div II - ECAC, WCHA, Atlantic.

So if a goalie is from one of the weaker conferences that means they likely didn't face many NHL draft picks as several teams in those conferences won't have a single NHL draft pick on their team or others will have one or two mostly mid or late round picks like a Koberstein or Henriksson who in our system would be at the very bottom or just about so they are playing on teams where they might be the only NHL draft pick.

My point is just that it's all about context and strength of schedule. Primeau went to a lesser program but still a good one that is in one of the best conferences so he faced some of the top teams that had many NHL draft picks and some 1st rounders like Tkachuk, Fabbro, Poehling, Bowers, etc.. (just off the top of my head since they played BU a number of times over his 2 years and I know he shutdown Poehling this past season. Primeau did this all while not having a loaded D in front of him. They did have a very good blueliner in Davies, a 7th round pick of NJ and of course Harris a 3rd round pick and Shea a 4th round pick of the Hawks.

I think the best case scenario here is either you include Lindgren in a package deal for pieces back, or you loan him to another AHL club if possible.

I would aim at having McNiven starts 40-45 games since he's earned it. And to have Primeau get the other 35-40, so he can slowly transition to the role. And then next year 20/21 depending on how things go, McNiven/Lindgren likely back up Price & Primeau aims for 50-55 games in the AHL. Then by 21/22 post-seattle draft Primeau either backs up Price or takes over the starting role.

I had hoped Primeau would stay in the NCAA for one more year since he wasn't eligible for the NCAA loophole. But now that he's here, you have to give him the bulk of the starts imo. He's just too good, you wouldn't put Suzuki on the 3rd or 4th line in Laval as a top prospect just because guys like Barber, Hudon or whoever have earned it, it's about what's best for your best prospects. It sucks cause McNiven showed good improvement from his 1st year was he was misused imo, but he also had a health issue that was fixed and helped him show up to camp lighter.

We'll see what they plan to do, imo Primeau has to be the guy unless he shows you he's not ready for it.

Reactions: DangerDave

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Most of the self help books are based on Ellis’ rational emotive cognitive theory. I wouldn’t suggest getting the info from his efforts. Not some pseudoscience bull****.

Most self help books are pseudoscience nonsense and I feel bad for anyone who has one in their possesssion.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Most self help books are pseudoscience nonsense and I feel bad for anyone who has one in their possesssion.
Dwane Dwyer, in his early works, is not bad. Your Erroneous Zones is a pretty good pragmatic approach to cognitive and rational ideals.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I've read a lot of books in my life but can't say I've ever read a self help book so I know nothing about them.

Never stooped that low either, but if this kid wants to learn how to harness his mind then he should read material from the top neuroscientists in the world and leave the quacks who authored the nonsense that he posted alone.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I really like his tournament. I talked with Stephane Waite during 2nd intermission in Belleville and he said that he was a very good project. I said he reminds me Carey Price. He was agree. But time will tell. But liked his game overall. He had tough save to make and he made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->