Prospect Info: Cayden Primeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It will be interesting to see what happens, I'm not thrilled about it since I had wanted to see McNiven finally get a shot as the starter but we'll see what they have planned. I know a few weeks back his coach said he was playing so well he was worried that they would lose him, huge blow to their program to lose their 2 best players. But he's had a great 2 years in the NCAA, very impressive despite today's game.

I wonder if Lindgren is packaged in a trade cause he hasn't played well since returning from injury other then a few games and it would be so risky to go with Price/Lindgren, Primeau/McNiven, LaCouvee or whoever. But then again if Price gets injured the season is likely over anyway.

Reactions: Vachon23

Jul 6, 2016
It will be interesting to see what happens, I'm not thrilled about it since I had wanted to see McNiven finally get a shot as the starter but we'll see what they have planned. I know a few weeks back his coach said he was playing so well he was worried that they would lose him, huge blow to their program to lose their 2 best players. But he's had a great 2 years in the NCAA, very impressive despite today's game.

I wonder if Lindgren is packaged in a trade cause he hasn't played well since returning from injury other then a few games and it would be so risky to go with Price/Lindgren, Primeau/McNiven, LaCouvee or whoever. But then again if Price gets injured the season is likely over anyway.

Lindgren will have a whole Summer to recuperate and will have a full training Camp to show what he can provide. I am almost 100% sure he will be Price's backup next season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Lindgren will have a whole Summer to recuperate and will have a full training Camp to show what he can provide. I am almost 100% sure he will be Price's backup next season.

and what happens if he doesn't get back on track? You have McNiven who has played about 4 games a month in the AHL and has about a seasons worth of games under his belt and a 20 year old rookie.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
That basically automatically means Lindgren will be back up for sure next year now. (Although considering he had to go through waivers, it's not shocking news)

No way. He's been brutal. I think the habs will be in the market for a legit backup.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
and what happens if he doesn't get back on track? You have McNiven who has played about 4 games a month in the AHL and has about a seasons worth of games under his belt and a 20 year old rookie.

Even if I don’t think Lindgren is a NHL back-up caliber but a good backup is not difficult to trade for

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Why wouldn’t he be? I don’t think the Habs are ever trading Price. Primeau isn’t going to stay as a backup for 7 years.
Price might be second goalie for his last 2 years. Primeau 2 years in the AHL and 3 years as a backup isn't that far fetched. He could become 1st goalie at 24.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
"He had a great week of prep and was ready," Madigan said. "Sometimes when a goalie gives up a goal, it's obviously highlighted more than a forward or defenseman making a mistake. There's probably one or two that he would want back. But Cayden Primeau got us here. We're here in Providence, Rhode Island, because of Cayden Primeau. He gave us a chance."

Not All Who Squander Are Lost

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Thats where the Florida proposal comes into play even more. Lindgren and Petry to Florida.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Holy crap just read on Twitter Montreal is expected to sign Primeau!

Thought they'd wait another year, but guess not.

Primeau and McNiven in Laval next year. :handclap:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Holy crap just read on Twitter Montreal is expected to sign Primeau!

Thought they'd wait another year, but guess not.

Primeau and McNiven in Laval next year. :handclap:
Was talking to @ScrimmageandStats and he seems to be under the impression that Primeau coming in = bye bye McNiven. I just assume one will play in the ECHL so they could each get a bunch of starts.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

backup goalies are pretty easy to acquire
If Lindgren is bad, we could just give up a late pick for backup goalie during the season

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
a few comments based on the reaction so far:
1) Don't appoint Primeau a number 1 NHL goalie just yet. If he continues his progression for a few more years then sure. Both Lindgren and McNiven were considered the same a couple years ago.
2) Backup NHL goalies are really easy to find in the offseason or even early next season if Lindgren doesn't rebound.
3) Who cares if McNiven loses his starter position in Laval. If another goalie plays better then they should play. Same with Primeau. There are no gifts in becoming an NHL player.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If I’m McNiven, I put alote of effort this summer and I try to compte with Lindgren to be Price Backup. I have more trust in him then Lindgren

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Now, we need to sign Jimmy Schuldt.

According to Eric Engels, Habs are out of the running for Schuldt.

As for Primeau, it wouldn't surprise me if he signs tomorrow. I'm going, of course, by the timeline of the Poehling signing. St. Cloud was eliminated on Friday. Two days later, he was signed. So going by that, Primeau was eliminated last night, so maybe his signing will be announced tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad