Recalled/Assigned: Cayden Primeau, Matthew Peca recalled

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And we're ready to take a 20 years old goalie prospect recently struggling in the AHL, and call him up to either:
A) Put him on the bench when he should be playing TONS of games
B) Have him spark the team up by his sole presence on the bench and shake it out of its misery

And Bergevin is not crazy?

Yep a bad decision. AS I stated, that's not what I wanted him to do. Waive Kinkaid and lose him somewhere else. Move up Lindgren. Play Primeau and McNiven in Laval. Bad decision. The crazy part would be to think that Bergevin really believes Primeau will get this team going again. I see the difference between those 2.

Reactions: Tighthead

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I think bringing up Primeau is the worst thing you could do to him

I only see negative, if he does well it undermines Price and creates a goalie controversy (something that always seems to happen in Montreal).
If he doesn't do well, you could destroy his confidence and end up derailing his career.

I don't see much upside here...

Reactions: habsfan891

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Neither of these call ups make sense. Peca is not deserving and Primeau, who has 12 games ahl experience is basically going to sit the bench. It should’ve been Vejdemo and Lindgren.
Either there’s a deal in the works or this is a really dumb and pointless move. I guess we’ll see.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I don't think this is about scapegoating Kinkaid at all. I think the org genuinely wants to see how close Primeau is to being an NHL starter. Trading Price, or at the worst exposing him to Seattle in the expansion draft, could be going down.

Could be the signal of a full blown youth movement.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
maybe Primeau is here to work with Waite and that's it. We dont know if he's gonna play or not. Maybe Laval will split the net with Kinkaid and Primeau getting the net. They could send him down anytime they want and Laval is Mtl backyard.

Edit: MTl have back to back this weekend and next week... probably gonna play in MSG and against Ottawa next week. We'll see :)

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
maybe a rookie in net is what will make the team force themselves to play good defense

doubt it, tho

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I only see negative, if he does well it undermines Price and creates a goalie controversy (something that always seems to happen in Montreal).
If he doesn't do well, you could destroy his confidence and end up derailing his career.

I don't see much upside here...
A few games isn't going to ruin anything.

I'm sure he's prepped. If he's being told he could be the next great one by management and then sucks ass then maybe it will hurt him but let's be real. He's coming up to get his feet wet maybe only 1 game. Absolutely something to build on going forward.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I thought there was an outside chance he would be claimed, but not huge surprise he clears.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
maybe Primeau is here to work with Waite and that's it. We dont know if he's gonna play or not. Maybe Laval will split the net with Kinkaid and Primeau getting the net. They could send him down anytime they want and Laval is Mtl backyard.

Edit: MTl have back to back this weekend and next week... probably gonna play in MSG and against Ottawa next week. We'll see :)

Because I refuse to rule out any crazy move, I wouldn’t be shocked if Primeau is sent down without starting any games, just getting some practice and exposure.

This isn’t a hockey decision, it’s a diversion.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
What??!! Have you even watched Primeau in Laval? You have no clue.
He sounds promising. Why put the kid in this mess?
A couple of weeks ago when Primeau had a higher save PCT I looked up where he stood. 6 goalies in the AHL had higher SV. It's not unusual to have a good SV down there. Makes sense. Lousy shooters. I'm not by any stretch saying he's not going to be good, just wondering why rush the kid?

EDIT: I looked up where he stands now. 15th in SV. Again not saying he's bad but he's currently struggling a little (not unusual for a young goalie) but it just seems like bad timing.
Maybe he wont play a game and they'll work the phones to get a veteran in here.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I guess some of Price fans here don't want Primeau to succeed that much. In Mtl we tend to get in love quickly with new players. It could turn the whole city into Primeaurama Love fest if he steal games by himself.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I'm excited to see Primeau. Why not throw him in, he's a professional now, get in there and try to steal a game. It's not going to ruin his career if he gets shelled like people want to believe.

Peca for Hudon is an upgrade imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad