Recalled/Assigned: Cayden Primeau, Matthew Peca recalled

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Wait... what? While I agree mental toughness is part of a goalie's game, it's still not a good idea to send a 20 years old goalie with very little Pro experience behind one of the worst D in the league against one of the best offensive team in the league... especially when there is no need for it and that this goalie is going to face enough adversity in the AHL.

I don't want to throw prospects in there, thinking "oh well if he's good he'll recover one day, if not he did not have it in him". Like, why set them back so they can "recover" instead of nurturing their talents so they "progress" ?

What I am more concerned about is playing time. Someone mentioned that the Habs have no back to backs right through to the Christmas break, so it's conceivable that Primeau does not start for some time, and beyond that, who knows how long this Kinkaid project in the AHL will last.

As for the mental aspect, I think goalies inparticular are bound to multiple phases in their career, where they are "fighting the puck". I think its the most mentally demanding position in the game, so its not a question of if a setback will happen, but when, and how many times? How do they react, and recover from these stretches?

I dont think people will argue that this is an ideal situation for primeau, but i don't think a couple nhl starts should destroy him mentally for a long time.

Reactions: abo9

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If Lindgren had been called up, would he have to go through waivers to go back. If so, could that have been the reason Primeau was called up instead?

depends on how long he was up for and what their plan is as Kindaid looks like shit so I don't think he goes back until he plays better which may not happen so then what. But losing Lindgren to waivers shouldn't be an issue as his one way next year would keep many teams from picking him imo, unless he plays great with the Habs but then if so then they wouldn't be sending him down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad