Recalled/Assigned: Cayden Primeau, Matthew Peca recalled

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
Play him once to see if he wins a game. Both goalies are not playing well, his adrenaline will win it.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
He's no superstar though. Girls might laugh if you say you play for the Laval Rocket. That's no NHL pedigree. Gold diggers will like more surgeons than male nurses (bad comparison but whatever).
Don't cash money from the fur of the bear you didn't killed yet, or don't trow the bear's fur under the Caterpillar if we talk parables, in french we say "ne pas jeter la peau de l'ours devant la charrue". Or Jean Perron said that.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
McCarrom would have been better. This is another midget.

You must really miss that Weise-Thompson-Deslauriers line that Claude was so looking forward to putting together - ya know, the one that lasted 2 games because they didn't have the puck on their sticks for more than 30 seconds during those 2 games combined.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Do we even care if he doesn't clear?

I suspect some fans might just care for him to get an opportunity somewhere else given how he comes across as a likeable guy. Beyond that, I don't think anyone really cares. He wasn't a popular signing from the start. Looked like the Habs skimped.

Last edited:

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
If they let Kinkaid go, I could see the towel boy and janitor losing their jobs next to further shake things up. I think Marc Clownavin may finally be for in "daaa" serious this time.
I heard the towel boy is a locker room cancer.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What??!! Have you even watched Primeau in Laval? You have no clue.
Primeau needs to own the AHL..just because he isnt to blame for his team's recent faults, he needs to be better too. Is he even averaging .915?..
He needs more time. No clue what the f*** this organization is doing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Primeau needs to own the AHL..just because he isnt to blame for his team's recent faults, he needs to be better too. Is he even averaging .915?..
He needs more time. No clue what the **** this organization is doing.

Primeau should have, at minimum, have been in a favorable run while getting rewarded with a call-up.

This tweet provides a compelling argument in my view as to why he shouldn't have been called up now.

His argument makes sense but since no one knows the future, his conclusion didn't happen. But, it would have made the most sense.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Primeau should have, at minimum, have been in a favorable run while getting rewarded with a call-up.

This tweet provides a compelling argument in my view as to why he shouldn't have been called up now.

His argument makes sense but since no one knows the future, his conclusion didn't happen. But, it would have made the most sense.

He shouldn't have been called up, period. KK, Suzuki, Fleury, all of the kids, they should be in the AHL. Keep them together, let them grow together and hopefully experience being on a contender and go for a Calder cup run. Instead of this clusterf*** of a team.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He shouldn't have been called up, period. KK, Suzuki, Fleury, all of the kids, they should be in the AHL. Keep them together, let them grow together and hopefully experience being on a contender and go for a Calder cup run. Instead of this cluster**** of a team.

I merely posted the tweet to show why calling him up now was an even dumber decision. I am obviously not advocating calling him up until he finishes his classes in the AHL otherwise what is the point of development.

Sounds like a bread and circus move -- a convenient distraction.

Reactions: Tyson

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Let's face it. Montreal doesn't draft very well. Plus politics. The mob. Taxes.

And these politics are all made up by the media. Im tired of the Habs speaking in french or english. I'd like them to speak in W's. Its the only language that matters at the of the day.

This franchise has attained new lows.
Can someone compile all the Habs mediocrity records MB has attained?

Worst collapse in Habs history
Worst losing streak since the 2nd world war
Worst stretch without getting to the playoffs since 2000 (am I right?)

There has to be more

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Something else that needs to be said as Montreal does a terrible job of looking after their young..

If Primeau comes up, and does well, he's 20 years old in Montreal.. easy to say you can keep your head in the game, but I know if I was a Montreal Canadiens superstar, with the girls in Montreal, I don't know if I could keep my focus at 20 years old.

Price, Galchenyuk, Sergei Kostitsyn, etc. there's been plenty of examples of guys who came with the right attitude, with lots of skill, but took a while to settle down and have it click because of the temptations.

I really think Sergei could have had a different career had he been better monitored, mentored, and educated when he was young. A lot of talent, but a lot of youthful mischiefthat i could see getting him involved in thecwrong things off the ice that woukd affect his play and career on the ice.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
CLICK HERE>Canadiens' Carey Price won't have to babysit Keith Kinkaid as backup

Carey Price made it very clear he doesn’t want to have to babysit a backup goalie.

That wasn’t good news for Canadiens goalie prospects Charlie Lindgren, Michael McNiven and Cayden Primeau, but it was great news for Keith Kinkaid, who was signed to a one-year, US$1.75-million contract by GM Marc Bergevin on July 1 as a free agent to become Price’s backup next season.

“I just want a guy that I can relate to; obviously, as a goaltender, you’re going to relate to whoever your partner is in some aspect,” Price, who will turn 32 on Aug. 16, told Arpon Basu of The Athletic two days before NHL free agency began on July 1. “But I feel like I’m pretty compatible with whoever I’m matched up with. I’m pretty easy going in that regard. But it’s nice to have a guy that you don’t have to babysit or anything like that. I don’t really want to be a mentor at this point. I want a guy that I can work with.

Price wants to play as much as possible and he made that abundantly clear. He wants no competition. Maybe he performs better this way, its possible. I read kinkaid's comments in the link you posted and he wants to lighten the ''burden'' of carey. Its a typical LOTR frodo/sam relationship. In the end frodo wants the ring. If he's not willing to be pushed, fight for icetime or mentor, I consider that a bigger liability than his contract.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Peca, c't'un fighter!

Learned from the big boss!

J0kn4H0.gif

Reactions: Kimota

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I merely posted the tweet to show why calling him up now was an even dumber decision. I am obviously not advocating calling him up until he finishes his classes in the AHL otherwise what is the point of development.

Sounds like a bread and circus move -- a convenient distraction.
Ya I get it..
It's a complete farce.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Body of work - Lindgren has not earned an NHL stint.

Bold prediction: Primeau will get a game or two, Kinkaid will not get claimed, and will be back up in a couple of weeks after posting decent numbers in the 'A'.

But I could be wrong, LOL.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Body of work - Lindgren has not earned an NHL stint.

Bold prediction: Primeau will get a game or two, Kinkaid will not get claimed, and will be back up in a couple of weeks after posting decent numbers in the 'A'.

But I could be wrong, LOL.

AC evoked a similar scenario, so you might be right.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Checking to see if Primeau is ready to take over for Carey or showcasing him for a trade?

Otherwise this is just slight of hand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad