Recalled/Assigned: Cayden Primeau, Matthew Peca recalled

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
41s1fKHKE6L._SX425_.jpg

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I f***ING HATE THIS MANAGEMENT! How can you be so f***ing bad at your job, even stupid people get things right now and then. They continue to call these kids up at the wrong time. Poehling gets benched in a game for making a brutal turnover that leads to a goal and a few days later he gets called up. Who the f*** calls up a 20 year old rookie when he's struggling in the AHL. If he's struggling in a easier league, how the f*** do you think it's just going to magically click in the toughest league in the world.

Primeau has let in 10 goals in his last 2 starts, 14 in his last 3 and 19 in his last 5 after letting in just 12 in his first 7 games. He's clearly not doing anywhere near as well, so their answer is to make it much tougher on him, that's how you develop your top prospects?

Some say it's no big deal, when the f*** has it worked, when have they rushed a kid to the NHL and not been bitten by it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm puzzled... they really think they can Saint-Louis Blues their season lol?

Yes, that's exactly what they think.

Cause this anomaly happened last season with a far better team than the Habs, built for the playoffs -- it's now the go-to excuse for teams getting trounced at this stage in the season and head coaches on the hot seat.

lrJLomR.jpg

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I feel like I should be writing an Onion article

"This can't hurt his development"
Says fan of team who has failed to develop a player since 2009.
You're basically reserving the right to criticise whatever management does, suggest the opposite, and then when challenged, say "how can you agree with what they're doing, they can't do anything right"

Primeau will be fine.

Prices fragile ego will also be fine.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
CLICK HERE>Canadiens' Carey Price won't have to babysit Keith Kinkaid as backup

Carey Price made it very clear he doesn’t want to have to babysit a backup goalie.

That wasn’t good news for Canadiens goalie prospects Charlie Lindgren, Michael McNiven and Cayden Primeau, but it was great news for Keith Kinkaid, who was signed to a one-year, US$1.75-million contract by GM Marc Bergevin on July 1 as a free agent to become Price’s backup next season.

“I just want a guy that I can relate to; obviously, as a goaltender, you’re going to relate to whoever your partner is in some aspect,” Price, who will turn 32 on Aug. 16, told Arpon Basu of The Athletic two days before NHL free agency began on July 1. “But I feel like I’m pretty compatible with whoever I’m matched up with. I’m pretty easy going in that regard. But it’s nice to have a guy that you don’t have to babysit or anything like that. I don’t really want to be a mentor at this point. I want a guy that I can work with.
10.5 mil per year
Can only play 60 games, pouts in 15 of them
Doesn't want to mentor his successor

Awesome

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Is this not kind of a weird situation in a really bad team situation at the moment lolol

Primeau plays amazing ... TRADE PRICE !!!

Primeau gets lit up .... RUINING THE KID !!!

I am ok with giving him a couple games . I am guessing they are hoping Kinkaid passes and plays a few games and they swap the goalies again .

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Wow....insane to bring Primeau in...lol Price says at the beginning of the year that he's not willilng to babysit. Then, you give him the youngest guy out there. Then, Primeau is coming up with his worst moments so far. Then, can you imagine if he does great? The kind of drama that will happen?

There are no wins here.
Primeau doing great isn't a win?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Marc Andre Fleury is another case.

There's very few 20 year old goalies who play. Because it's stupid. Because most aren't ready. Hart has struggled as well.

I will grant you Fleury has had some struggles in his career... but it's not like he's been a complete wreck either?

Lots of goalies have developed under bad systems with a lot of shots against.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Primeau is not a real superstar. This is, once again, Habs brass patting themselves on the back because the media is buzzing that they may have made a great pick.

He has potential, he is ahead of his peers at the same age. But he's not a superstar, not at all. He's just top of his game FOR HIS AGE.
Pretty much but the many in the media and many has fans love to get way ahead of themselves and then complain left and right when their new savior does not pan out.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
imho, and some can disagree, this is a direct message at Price - and to some extent, the vets on the team. You don't bring up a young goalie to sit on the bench unless you're sending a message. Kinkaid has been bad, and they could've brought up Lindgren. Primeau is here to remind Carey, there's competition coming soon and oh by the way, tough luck that you don't like babysitting. Maybe it's irrational as bargain bin gave him that contract to begin with, but it's a message to Price AND to vets that you're playing like **** and we will reward young, hungry guys if you keep up this slide. Don't @ me about Bergevin. Yes I know, he's been bad, i'm speaking specifically about a move i find very curious
Good point . We don't need to panic before knowing why they call him up . I agree with you about a direct message to Price and i would add to Kinkaid as much . They want to put fire on their butt ; Kinkaid will play few games to shake the rust , Price will want to prove he's fare away better than Primeau , who will spend time with Waite, be with the boys and maybe gets a game or two to give him the taste of the LNH .

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
There is nothing the Habs can do. Absolulety nothing can be done except major 3 players trade big shake-up. They lack defense and offense, they have not more depth than the names here. Anyway just think of Alex Lafreniere for now, he can be the light after the tunnel we're going thru. Whatever can be done this season is "a descende en enfers" so take the pill and try the Loto-Lafreniere next summer.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Wow....insane to bring Primeau in...lol Price says at the beginning of the year that he's not willilng to babysit. Then, you give him the youngest guy out there. Then, Primeau is coming up with his worst moments so far. Then, can you imagine if he does great? The kind of drama that will happen?

There are no wins here.
If Price doesn't want to babysit , he will need to stop those pucks . It could be a kind of challenge to him by the Habs management

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Yes, that's exactly what they think.

Cause this anomaly happened last season with a far better team than the Habs, built for the playoffs -- it's now the go-to excuse for teams getting trounced at this stage in the season and head coaches on the hot seat.

lrJLomR.jpg
interesting. i would then wonder if there was something with Price. I mean this is all speculation but if they go on a run with primeau, he'll waive that NM clause for sure lol

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
message or no message, he's been terrible for two + years. no loss. bergevin choking on finding a backup again

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I've no words. That's even not a promotion. Even if I imagined a bit this possibility, I wasn't expected this. Can he refuses? Tell me yes...

Reactions: abo9

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I mean I always hear people talk about how players like Weal, Thompson, Cousins having untapped potential and to wait for them to develop... like they are above 25 years old and career 4th-liners or AHLers… they're is no untapped potential. I'm sure people say it about Belzile now and players like Gustavsson lol

That's what happens when fanboyism damages your brain.

Reactions: abo9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad