Recalled/Assigned: Cayden Primeau, Matthew Peca recalled

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Good point . We don't need to panic before knowing why they call him up . I agree with you about a direct message to Price and i would add to Kinkaid as much . They want to put fire on their butt ; Kinkaid will play few games to shake the rust , Price will want to prove he's fare away better than Primeau , who will spend time with Waite, be with the boys and maybe gets a game or two to give him the taste of the LNH .

A direct message to Price…..and that message is that we called up that goalie who's having a 91% saves percentage in the AHL and happens to be struggling (19 goals in his last 5 games). That's the message you send to Price?

I'm sure he won't be sleeping well tonight.

Reactions: Edgy

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I feel bad for him. Sure he didnt perform as well as we hoped, but has MB seen the craptastic team he assembled. Seriously even says the defence is better than last season. What a poop show.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
So a couple of more losses and we call up Caufield? If we tie the worst losing streak of 12 we switch the AHL and NHL guys, half the guys up here now know their way around Laval pretty well already lol

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I ****ING HATE THIS MANAGEMENT! How can you be so ****ing bad at your job, even stupid people get things right now and then. They continue to call these kids up at the wrong time. Poehling gets benched in a game for making a brutal turnover that leads to a goal and a few days later he gets called up. Who the **** calls up a 20 year old rookie when he's struggling in the AHL. If he's struggling in a easier league, how the **** do you think it's just going to magically click in the toughest league in the world.

Primeau has let in 10 goals in his last 2 starts, 14 in his last 3 and 19 in his last 5 after letting in just 12 in his first 7 games. He's clearly not doing anywhere near as well, so their answer is to make it much tougher on him, that's how you develop your top prospects?

Some say it's no big deal, when the **** has it worked, when have they rushed a kid to the NHL and not been bitten by it.
Let's face it. Montreal doesn't draft very well. Plus politics. The mob. Taxes.

Reactions: VAN-HAB

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I feel bad for him. Sure he didnt perform as well as we hoped, but has MB seen the craptastic team he assembled. Seriously even says the defence is better than last season. What a poop show.

it sucks but at least he's getting a lot of money (surprised he got 1.75M). MB does win several of his trades for sure but him and his pro scouts need to re-do their homework especially on defensemen. First Alzner, then you sign Kulak to a 3 year deal after he doesn't even play a full season with you and now he's so bad he can't even crack this defense? (I assume since I haven't actually seen a full game yet this season but have seen parts of several) There was the Olofsson trade, it was looking like a total bust after he was injured all last year but now we'll see how that one pans out. Reilly appears to be a waste of a draft pick and then they go and re-sign him to a 2 year deal.

Sometimes I really wonder what in the actual f***ing hell goes on with this management team.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Something else that needs to be said as Montreal does a terrible job of looking after their young..

If Primeau comes up, and does well, he's 20 years old in Montreal.. easy to say you can keep your head in the game, but I know if I was a Montreal Canadiens superstar, with the girls in Montreal, I don't know if I could keep my focus at 20 years old.

Price, Galchenyuk, Sergei Kostitsyn, etc. there's been plenty of examples of guys who came with the right attitude, with lots of skill, but took a while to settle down and have it click because of the temptations.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
No way price waves his NMC. It’s too bad because this would be a perfect time to do a real rebuild instead of this half-assed one

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I think this move may be one thing:

Marc Bergevin is telling the team..

"Look here team, this isn't ps4 I can't trade for more help because trades take time and are hard"

"Instead you guys have looked horrible out there. You don't want to play good enough for carry Price, then good luck with this 20 year old.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
it sucks but at least he's getting a lot of money (surprised he got 1.75M). MB does win several of his trades for sure but him and his pro scouts need to re-do their homework especially on defensemen. First Alzner, then you sign Kulak to a 3 year deal after he doesn't even play a full season with you and now he's so bad he can't even crack this defense? (I assume since I haven't actually seen a full game yet this season but have seen parts of several) There was the Olofsson trade, it was looking like a total bust after he was injured all last year but now we'll see how that one pans out. Reilly appears to be a waste of a draft pick and then they go and re-sign him to a 2 year deal.

Sometimes I really wonder what in the actual ****ing hell goes on with this management team.

What's wrong with keeping young D-men with some upside around? Doesn't cost you much and it's not totally unknown for their game to keep improving through their mid 20s. A 5th round pick has like a 3% chance of becoming a NHLer let alone an impact one so I'd rather see if Reilly & Kulak who have both shown some flashes could put it together or not. sure right now it's looking like NOT, but this is one of the sillier MB things to complain about.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I don't get the Primeau call up. It surely reeks of a panic move. "lets do something to appease the peasants".
In the summer Price said he didn't want to tutor "some young goalie".
Now if Primeau was ready and this was the impetus to move Price it would make sense. But Primeau is not likely ready and Price has zero trade value because he sucks right now.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What's wrong with keeping young D-men with some upside around? Doesn't cost you much and it's not totally unknown for their game to keep improving through their mid 20s. A 5th round pick has like a 3% chance of becoming a NHLer let alone an impact one so I'd rather see if Reilly & Kulak who have both shown some flashes could put it together or not. sure right now it's looking like NOT, but this is one of the sillier MB things to complain about.

It was f***ing stupid to give Kulak a 3 year deal, unless you think you uncovered a hidden gem which if he can't crack this D it's not a good sign. He started last year in the AHL, so why give him 3 years, why not give him a one year deal and see how he does? Granted if Kulak was having a strong season, MB and the pro scouts would look good here. But hockey is a business and you get paid for results, so when you f*** up and the team is not doing well then fans are going to get on your shit. So as of right now giving Kulak 3 years looks stupid. Of course that could change.

I'd much rather have a 5th round pick then Reilly, but why re-sign the guy let alone give him 2 years when he couldn't get on the ice for much of the 2nd half as clearly Julien didn't trust him. If Reilly or Olofsson or Kulak, any of them turn into anything solid over a few seasons then it's for sure a win for the pro scouts and MB, but if they don't then you look at management and the pro scouts and say what the f*** since the only way we get better is by making the right choices, being good at our jobs and if they aren't, we will continue to suck most likely.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

How do you get rid of those contracts now? You can't really send them down in the AHL because we already have too many NHL vets down there and there is a limit on how many can play in 1 game.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
It was ****ing stupid to give Kulak a 3 year deal, unless you think you uncovered a hidden gem which if he can't crack this D it's not a good sign. He started last year in the AHL, so why give him 3 years, why not give him a one year deal and see how he does? Granted if Kulak was having a strong season, MB and the pro scouts would look good here. But hockey is a business and you get paid for results, so when you **** up and the team is not doing well then fans are going to get on your ****. So as of right now giving Kulak 3 years looks stupid. Of course that could change.

I'd much rather have a 5th round pick then Reilly, but why re-sign the guy let alone give him 2 years when he couldn't get on the ice for much of the 2nd half as clearly Julien didn't trust him. If Reilly or Olofsson or Kulak, any of them turn into anything solid over a few seasons then it's for sure a win for the pro scouts and MB, but if they don't then you look at management and the pro scouts and say what the **** since the only way we get better is by making the right choices, being good at our jobs and if they aren't, we will continue to suck most likely.

You know what's funnier? We don't sign Dmen from UFAs. We got Petry and signed him before UFA status. Same with Folin, Reilly, Kulak, etc. We have more or less the same problem with forwards. The only players we sign are rejects that are either playing in the AHL (Peca) or fringe NHL players like Cousins. Yet they magically hope that it will turn into gold. Yeah sure it may have worked for Byron but he wasn't so great neither this season

Jul 6, 2016
Something else that needs to be said as Montreal does a terrible job of looking after their young..

If Primeau comes up, and does well, he's 20 years old in Montreal.. easy to say you can keep your head in the game, but I know if I was a Montreal Canadiens superstar, with the girls in Montreal, I don't know if I could keep my focus at 20 years old.

Price, Galchenyuk, Sergei Kostitsyn, etc. there's been plenty of examples of guys who came with the right attitude, with lots of skill, but took a while to settle down and have it click because of the temptations.

Primeau is already playing in the Montreal area. Laval is few minutes away by car from downtown MTL.... lol.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't get the Primeau call up. It surely reeks of a panic move. "lets do something to appease the peasants".
In the summer Price said he didn't want to tutor "some young goalie".
Now if Primeau was ready and this was the impetus to move Price it would make sense. But Primeau is not likely ready and Price has zero trade value because he sucks right now.

I think they think Primeau may be the 2nd best goalie in the organization right now and may be able to handle NHL games.

It becomes a problem if they don't get him enough playing time.

But judging by Price's play, he could use a light load for a little while. Hence Primeau, if NHL ready, should get to play. If Primeau's hot, let Primeau play 2 out of every 3 games over the next two weeks. If he's not, send him back down and call up Lindgren, or trade for a new backup.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
MB is sending a message, he is distancing himself from a member of his bargain bin, we joke but this had to be a painful day for our fearless leader.:sarcasm: Stay strong Marc.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
It would be history repeating itself. Huet outshine Theodore , Halak/Price outshine Huet , Price outshine Halak , Primeau outshine Price etc

That said i'm not sure i want to see Primeau enter the big show while the team is a trainwreck and the defense abysmal. At the same time if he does come in and outshine Price then it could open up some options (like not protecting #31 in the expension draft). Not really sure what to think
Don’t remember Huet being outshined by Price or Halak.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Good point . We don't need to panic before knowing why they call him up . I agree with you about a direct message to Price and i would add to Kinkaid as much . They want to put fire on their butt ; Kinkaid will play few games to shake the rust , Price will want to prove he's fare away better than Primeau , who will spend time with Waite, be with the boys and maybe gets a game or two to give him the taste of the LNH .
Loll..you think this was a message to Price?
As if Price gives two craps about Primeau. He's not going to lose his place to freaking Primo who wasn't even good in the AHL.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Primeau is already playing in the Montreal area. Laval is few minutes away by car from downtown MTL.... lol.

He's no superstar though. Girls might laugh if you say you play for the Laval Rocket. That's no NHL pedigree. Gold diggers will like more surgeons than male nurses (bad comparison but whatever).

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
He's no superstar though. Girls might laugh if you say you play for the Laval Rocket. That's no NHL pedigree. Gold diggers will like more surgeons than male nurses (bad comparison but whatever).

Go to a bar and say you play professional hockey for an AHL team. It works.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I actually thought this was a nothing moved, but the more I think of it the more I’m convinced this goof thinks that goaltending is the problem right now, he can’t send Price down, but quietly I don’t they’re happy with his play. I think he thinks this could right the ship. I honesty believe that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad