Caufield vs Robertson

Caufield v Robertson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Not to forget, he was tossed into the fire straight from NCAA and the kid delievred and just keeps on playing better and better in these playoffs.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This might be Caufield v Marner soon. CC is killing these playoffs.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Lmao at 252 votes for Robertson. It's Nick and not his brother Jason we're talking about here. Delusional :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Fatass

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Lmao at 252 votes for Robertson. It's Nick and not his brother Jason we're talking about here. Delusional :laugh::laugh:
Easiest thing to do is to show up now and gloat when one player is playing and the other isn't and had an injury riddled season. Caufield looks tremendous and hats of to him. Be sure to show up next season or in the future when they're both playing though with the same energy.

Habano

May 18, 2012
Easiest thing to do is to show up now and gloat when one player is playing and the other isn't and had an injury riddled season. Caufield looks tremendous and hats of to him. Be sure to show up next season or in the future when they're both playing though with the same energy.
Make sure you do the same ;)

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Probably Bergevin trying to save face and not get fired. He threw some seriously nasty shit at the wall and is now praying very hard it sticks.

He hasn't been able to make this roster competitive in 9 years now and he still isn't doing the right thing. Worst f***ing GM in hockey.

The shit STUCK! His masterplan worked! MB is our lovable broken clock.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Yep this poll is about Nick Robertson vs Caufield, not Jason Robertson.

This thread was created 7 months ago though

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Wait, people were actually talking about older Robertson vs Caufield????? rofl
Well I thought that comparison at least would have made some faint amount of sense. Just that people might be overlooking Jason a bit while making it, since he just had a fantastic season and should win that poll. I never dreamed it might be about Nick. Doh. :eek:

Habano

May 18, 2012
Well I thought that comparison at least would have made some faint amount of sense. Just that people might be overlooking Jason a bit while making it, since he just had a fantastic season and should win that poll. I never dreamed it might be about Nick. Doh. :eek:
If it was Jason that was being discussed, I could see him comfortably ahead based on the rookie season he had. Caufield has only played 24 games including the playoffs whereas Jason played the whole season and put up very impressive numbers. But Nick? I can't see it right now lol.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You're acting like a front runner. It's easy to say those things when one player is having success and the other isn't even playing and had a season riddled with injuries. Fair play though, I would take Caufield now as well, and I also agree I don't think any GM would trade Caufield for Robertson, but things could be closer when you know, both are actually playing. If you're going to be a front runner have the stones to show up next season or in the future, when MAYBE things aren't as clear cut.
There not for Robertson at this moment in time. Time will tell.
Things are pretty clear on Caufield. He's exceeded at every level and is now proving it in the NHL in a crazy playoff run. Anyone that has watched him play must know by now the kid is oozing talent. That he won't lose. If anything he'll be even better next season as he adapts.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I seriously don't get how people can say Nick Robertson has been better since the draft than Cole Caufield, some saying way better....really? Glad you ain't scouts for my favorite team.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
You're acting like a front runner. It's easy to say those things when one player is having success and the other isn't even playing and had a season riddled with injuries. Fair play though, I would take Caufield now as well, and I also agree I don't think any GM would trade Caufield for Robertson, but things could be closer when you know, both are actually playing. If you're going to be a front runner have the stones to show up next season or in the future, when MAYBE things aren't as clear cut.
To be faaaaair, Draft Day believes every Hab player/prospect is the best. If the roles were reversed and Robertson was playing well in the playoffs and Caufield was sitting at home he would still say Caufield is the best. This isn't player evaluation it's homerism. A broken clock is right twice a day.

Reactions: Green Snow Storm

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Why wouldn’t it be?
One cracked a meaningful top 9 conference finals roster, other couldn’t crack a team with Wayne simmonds joe Thornton Pierre engvall and many other useless players in its lineup. Robertson probably should make the team next year, as will caufield so we will see what happens then

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I can already feel Hab fans going through the 5 stages. Has to be tough when your steal at 15 is the light version of what the Leafs picked in the 2nd round. I would put you guys at the denial stage right now. It's okay you will work through it!

Our third round defenceman has more points and as many goals as Caufield does in the WJC. Makes you really question if he can make it if he isnt even able to contribute with kids his own age.

I heard its the coaches fault. At the WJC and at Wisconsin.

Seems like it’s always someone else’s fault. Couldn’t be that he’s just not quite as good as advertised right ?

Keep em coming!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
One cracked a meaningful top 9 conference finals roster, other couldn’t crack a team with Wayne simmonds joe Thornton Pierre engvall and many other useless players in its lineup. Robertson probably should make the team next year, as will caufield so we will see what happens then

Did Robertson get the same chance to play for Toronto this year that Caufield was given?

I prefer Caufield, but it’s not Robertson’s fault that Caufield was given an earlier chance for a big role. That can’t be held against Robertson in this equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad