Caufield vs Robertson

Caufield v Robertson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Ducharme is the worst coach Ive ever seen. Yes, that even includes Ralf Krueger and Dallas Eakin

Kotkaniemi has never had a game where he had the same linemates for more than two games.
Romanov has consistently been the Habs second best Dman (Thats another sad part in all of itself) and he's being benched for AHL Kulak and Merrill whos been complete ass. Romanov has had two partners with which he had a negative GF%, and Merrill is by far the worst of those at 2 and 9 since they were paired. Merrill hasn't been positive with anyone.

Eric Staal is also the worst hockey player Ive ever seen.
It's all extremely confusing. I wonder if this is Bergevin also trying to show off his acquisitions before they make changes and go with the young guys later? Otherwise i really dont see any benefit to it at all.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
To your bold, I think youre projecting a bit or misreading everything with a negative tone.

He was good enough to play in the regular season (Hence how he started game 1 with the team), he would have had more time to show himself except for the injury and maybe the leafs wouldnt have had to go and get the playoff depth. He is not good enough to replace NHL players like Foligno, Hyman or Kerfoot at this stage in his career. The players you listed, with the exemption of Gally, are not players he is in the running to replace. They dont play the same style or role. You dont put young rookies in checking lines of the NHL when they have been a scoring forward their entire career, let alone in the playoffs.

As for Gally, I believe he is good enough to replace him but Gally got his chance and ran with it and was fantastic, so there was no need to waste a year of Robertsons ELC.

In summary, to make it very very obvious what im saying. He is GOOD ENOUGH to play in the NHL over some of the depth players, none of whom are even in the lineup. He isnt good enough to take the role from Foligno or Hyman.

Also notice the quote you picked had specified about Caufield in it, so never was it off topic to bring caufield back into the conversation. Especially in a Caufield vs Robertson thread, so maybe stop calling it off topic.
I have never questioned you on anything about Caufield. I don’t know why you think you have this gotcha moment. It has nothing to do with anything I have said to you. It’s off topic. If you want to fight someone over that go find a Hab fan who might care.

I have only question your comment of Robertson not being able to crack that veteran depth even on the 3rd line which doesn’t always have to be whatever it is you think Robertson is not. If he is good enough at hockey he would be there. Defensive responsibilities or he needs someone to drive him or whatever you think his deficits are all part of the game.

But you have already started to retract the post so we can just leave it at that.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's all extremely confusing. I wonder if this is Bergevin also trying to show off his acquisitions before they make changes and go with the young guys later? Otherwise i really dont see any benefit to it at all.
Probably Bergevin trying to save face and not get fired. He threw some seriously nasty shit at the wall and is now praying very hard it sticks.

He hasn't been able to make this roster competitive in 9 years now and he still isn't doing the right thing. Worst f***ing GM in hockey.

Reactions: Saxon

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I have never questioned you on anything about Caufield. I don’t know why you think you have this gotcha moment. It has nothing to do with anything I have said to you. It’s off topic. If you want to fight someone over that go find a Hab fan who might care.

I have only question your comment of Robertson not being able to crack that veteran depth even on the 3rd line which doesn’t always have to be whatever it is you think Robertson is not. If he is good enough at hockey he would be there. Defensive responsibilities or he needs someone to drive him or whatever you think his deficits are all part of the game.

But you have already started to retract the post so we can just leave it at that.
You're literally not even worth talking to anymore, you seem to live in a fantasy world. Have a nice day.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Robertson isn’t ready. Glad the Leafs are being patient with him. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a great prospect. Caulfield has made a great first impression. Time will tell if he can become more of a well rounded player.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
You are confusing defensive with apathetic. I just don’t care. I haven’t seen anyone make the same claim about Caufield and the Habs. If you want to say that go ahead. If you find someone saying that go tell them all about it. But it still has nothing to do with The Leafs being too deep for Robertson to be good enough to crack.

Keep throwing those red herrings.
You obviously do care. You keep chiming in, asking if Robertson is good enough to replace a roster player. But this isn't proving a "who is better" argument since Caufield apparently isn't better than any of your roster players either. Pot meet kettle.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
You're literally not even worth talking to anymore, you seem to live in a fantasy world. Have a nice day.
I live in a fantasy world because I asked you to clarify you position that Robertson good enough to replace Galchenyuk, Engvall or any of the Leafs “veteran depth”. Now you don’t to talk to me. LOL, great.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I live in a fantasy world because I asked you to clarify you position that Robertson good enough to replace Galchenyuk, Engvall or any of the Leafs “veteran depth”. Now you don’t to talk to me. LOL, great.
My position was clear from the beginning, youre just not accepting it because youre either confused or trolling. That's why i stopped replying to you but you wont let it go, so i assume youre trolling. Thats the last message youll hear from me on this matter. Move on and enjoy the playoffs.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
You obviously do care. You keep chiming in, asking if Robertson is good enough to replace a roster player. But this isn't proving a "who is better" argument since Caufield apparently isn't better than any of your roster players either. Pot meet kettle.
I just want to get to the bottom of his position.

Life must be hard. Just because I don’t let you or him dictate my position on any given subject regardless of how off topic you want to get to distract from my question you get upset. He said that Robertson want good enough to beat out the Leaf “veteran depth”. That wasn’t me.

I asked about specific players that Robertson might not be as good as and you both reply about Caufield not being good enough to crack the Habs line up. How does that answer my question?

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
My position was clear from the beginning, youre just not accepting it because youre either confused or trolling. That's why i stopped replying to you but you wont let it go, so i assume youre trolling. Thats the last message youll hear from me on this matter. Move on and enjoy the playoffs.
When did you stop? No matter how twisted up you are getting you keep replying and digging deeper. If you just would have said he is good enough (or not) to replace Galchenyuk Noesen or Engval like I originally asked when you said he wasn’t good enough to crack that “veteran depth” this wouldn’t be a problem for you. Instead you wanted to dodge, weave, move the goal post, and change the subject. I didn’t think it was a difficult question.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
I just want to get to the bottom of his position.

Life must be hard. Just because I don’t let you or him dictate my position on any given subject regardless of how off topic you want to get to distract from my question you get upset. He said that Robertson want good enough to beat out the Leaf “veteran depth”. That wasn’t me.

I asked about specific players that Robertson might not be as good as and you both reply about Caufield not being good enough to crack the Habs line up. How does that answer my question?
Lol the hypocrisy of your posts and arguments are just baffling. Your question was just trolling. You try to shame Robertson for not being good enough to start in place of 3rd liners, so of course I point out the same of caufield and you get extremely sensitive. Not my fault it hurts your feelings.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Youre not allowed to talk about Caufield in this thread! STAY ON TOPIC!
Are you going to explain what Caufield being in the Habs line up has to do with If Robertson is good enough to crack the Leafs line up? I don’t see how they are related. Please explain.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Lol the hypocrisy of your posts and arguments are just baffling. Your question was just trolling. You try to shame Robertson for not being good enough to start in place of 3rd liners, so of course I point out the same of caufield and you get extremely sensitive. Not my fault it hurts your feelings.
I wasn’t shaming anyone. I didn’t even make a statement on the subject. I asked a question about a statement and I get “but but but Caufield and the Habs but but but”. If you feel shame that you believe Galchenyuk or the rest of the Leafs “veteran depth” is better than Robertson that’s on you not me.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Robertson i don't think is quite ready for full time NHL duty. He needs to work on his skating, Balance and strength. He has a very hunched over skating stride and I see him falling way too often on his own. He has shown flashes at the NHL level of being able to make plays (mostly PP) but I feel like he is forcing too many shots. Watching him both at the WJC and playing for the Marlies, you can see he has good ability to drive play. The potential is definitely there but he could use another year of seasoning and strength training.

Caufield is more solid on his skates and a better overall skater. Obviously his shot is elite. I want to see him be more noticeable 5v5. In a few of the games I've seen of him, I didn't find him noticeable until the PP or 3on3.

I would say Caufield has a higher ceiling (35-45G, 25-30A) as he should and Robertson will be a versatile complimentary player who plays all situations (25-30G, 25A). Both great young prospects.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
He isn't? Sure bud sure.

Reactions: alasania94

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Lol show up a month after the post. And only after he has 3 goals in this series? You didn't comment when he had 0 vs the leafs or the jets. Sure bud sure.
He has as many goals as all Vegas forwards together in this series. Run along and enjoy your golfing.
I wouldn't trade Caufield straight up for Robertson. In fact most hockey fans wouldn't and i don't believe any GM would even think about it.

Reactions: alasania94

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
How many playoff games did Robertson play in again. My mind is a bit foggy. :laugh: :laugh:

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
He has as many goals as all Vegas forwards together in this series. Run along and enjoy your golfing.
I wouldn't trade Caufield straight up for Robertson. In fact most hockey fans wouldn't and i don't believe any GM would even think about it.
Lol yeah I enjoy golf. Whether my team is in the playoffs or not I can golf anytime. That's just a weird comment. The fact you had 0 courage to chime in until 1. He finally scores in the playoffs 2. The habs are 1 win away from the SCF. Way to have conviction. Super strong take.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Lol yeah I enjoy golf. Whether my team is in the playoffs or not I can golf anytime. That's just a weird comment. The fact you had 0 courage to chime in until 1. He finally scores in the playoffs 2. The habs are 1 win away from the SCF. Way to have conviction. Super strong take.
Keep making those stupid comments considering i chimed in long before you did.
Face it The only fans that would take Robertson over Caufield are
1 Like your self Leaf fan.
2 Like your self Hab hater.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Keep making those stupid comments considering i chimed in long before you did.
Face it The only fans that would take Robertson over Caufield are
1 Like your self Leaf fan.
2 Like your self Hab hater.
You're acting like a front runner. It's easy to say those things when one player is having success and the other isn't even playing and had a season riddled with injuries. Fair play though, I would take Caufield now as well, and I also agree I don't think any GM would trade Caufield for Robertson, but things could be closer when you know, both are actually playing. If you're going to be a front runner have the stones to show up next season or in the future, when MAYBE things aren't as clear cut.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
So far in NHL:

Caufield 24 GP 7G 6A 13 Pts
Robertson 10 GP 1 G 1A 2 Pts

Caufield started much better and is now shining in Conference finals. How it will evolve from here? Nobody knows.
Robertson will have tough time to get the minutes Caufield gets in Habs. To many primadonnas infront of him on Leafs roster..

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Caulfield is producing so much better than I thought he would this early. (I fully admit I hadn't watched him but just reading about him, he had a similar write up to a lot of other players who really struggle to translate their game to the NHL.)

Flat out, he's done really well regardless of comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->