Caufield vs Robertson

Caufield v Robertson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
If this was about Jason Robertson vs Cole Caufield, I would understand. Otherwise it's not even close.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That doesn't apply one bit to what I said maybe you should make a point of understanding the phrases you use

How is this not an appeal to authority? You didn’t even make your own argument for why he didn’t play? You said if the coach thought he was good enough he’d play. That’s an appeal to authority.

If he had been able to play that role, he would have been given the opportunity.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Just goes to show how overvalued Nick was around here a mere 7 months ago lmao

The Nick vs Jason Robertson debate was a hands down win for Nick ~7 months ago.

Just goes to show you how overhyped Toronto based media make guys like Robertson, or Liljegren, or Bracco, or Dermott, or Korshkov.
Cole having a good start to his career doesnt take away what Nick has done. Still a highly touted guy who has accomplished a lot and isnt even 20 yet

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
you mean back when Caufield was a couple of tiers above robertson as a prospect?
Was that ever really a reality though? You could say he was better but "couple tiers"? It was close.

This has gone from, what most people are saying, overrating Nick and undervaluing Caufield, to just flat out underrating Nick at this point is what i'm seeing. im not saying he is better, but its gone from hyping up Cole to shitting on Nick basically.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Was that ever really a reality though? You could say he was better but "couple tiers"? It was close.

This has gone from, what most people are saying, overrating Nick and undervaluing Caufield, to just flat out underrating Nick at this point is what i'm seeing. im not saying he is better, but its gone from hyping up Cole to shitting on Nick basically.
literally the only people in the world who thought it was "close" were leafs fans, just like Pogge was close to Price or JVR was close to Pacioretty or Kaberle was close to Markov, leafs fans lunacy goes back decades. Not a single credible scout ever had them in the same tier. The reason people are shitting on robertson is because he's got no business being in the same breath as Caufield

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
literally the only people in the world who thought it was "close" were leafs fans, just like Pogge was close to Price or JVR was close to Pacioretty or Kaberle was close to Markov, leafs fans lunacy goes back decades. Not a single credible scout ever had them in the same tier. The reason people are shitting on robertson is because he's got no business being in the same breath as Caufield
Im not talking about previous polls. I have no say in that as they are before my time.

i really cant support what you're saying as i dont see what makes him so much better, as you are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad