Why?

Career 5v5 (includes playoffs)
Caufield
0.76 p/60
50.15 xGF%

Robertson
1.27 p/60
51.0% xGF%

Man there's an awful lot of chest pounding going on for a guy who has 1 regulation point in 7 games and is -2. Reading through this thread you'd think he's scoring at a point per game clip.

Robertson has been deployed as a bottom 6 player because of Toronto's depth (and because he can). Let's not pretend that 6 games of him playing 9 minutes a night is at all indicative of the player he is or will become.

Ignoring that they have a waiver claim playing in their top 6?

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Again, that Robertson got 42% of the vote here is why HF is a joke lol
I thought it was a joke because Pinto got 1 single vote against Caufield? If every thread is such an insult to you, why are you even posting here?

It's amazing to me that some Canadiens fans and some Leafs fans get so bent out of shape over a projection of a player they like so much that they cant help but whine and cry in every thread related to them if not everyone agrees with their own unwavering view.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
That wasn't what the post said that I replied to. The post said the Leafs were just too deep. Players like Noesen, Engvall and Galchenyuk are just too good.

Looks like the Habs are thinking players like Staal, Byron, Perry and Lehkonen are just too good. Hopefully they dont actually scratch Caufield and Kotkaniemi.

Reactions: Saint Blue

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

Looks like the Habs are thinking players like Staal, Byron, Perry and Lehkonen are just too good. Hopefully they dont actually scratch Caufield and Kotkaniemi.

What does this have to do with the Leafs or Robertson? Go troll a Habs fan or stay on topic.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
What does this have to do with the Leafs or Robertson? Go troll a Habs fan or stay on topic.
Is this a Leafs thread? Is a post about Caufield in a thread titled "CAUFIELD vs Robertson" not on topic to you?

Please, tell me which part confuses you so I, or somebody else can help explain it to you.

This is literally the same thing you were trying to argue against Robertson with because he was playing behind some depth players which looks to be potentially what will happen with Caufield, but now its off topic, lol.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Is this a Leafs thread? Is a post about Caufield in a thread titled "CAUFIELD vs Robertson" not on topic to you?

Please, tell me which part confuses you so I, or somebody else can help explain it to you.

This is literally the same thing you were trying to argue against Robertson with because he was playing behind some depth players which looks to be potentially what will happen with Caufield, but now its off topic, lol.
Just stick to replying to things I actually posted and your life won't be so hard.

If you think Caufield sucks or whatever you are rambling about go tell someone who cares. I was just replying to the Leafs being "too deep" for Robertson to be good enough to play for.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob

Well in this case it’s different. Kid was starting to produce 5pts in his last 7.

Just horrible management.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Just stick to replying to things I actually posted and your life won't be so hard.

If you think Caufield sucks or whatever you are rambling about go tell someone who cares. I was just replying to the Leafs being "too deep" for Robertson to be good enough to play for.
I know what you were replying to because it was me who you replied to and subsequently tried to change what i said to suit your weird agenda.

This is a direct 1 for 1 comparison of the two people this thread is about but now its off topic because, as usual, youre wrong. You have no clue what youve even said in this thread let alone what youre responding to anymore. Its baffling.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Well in this case it’s different. Kid was starting to produce 5pts in his last 7.

Just horrible management.
I can agree to that but also i dont believe that CC is an ideal bottom 6 winger for a playoff series just yet and im not sure where he plays in the top 6 because he plays very different from Armia and isnt going to replace Gally. It's literally the same reason Robertson isn't going to fit into the leafs scheme right now, there's just currently no ideal position. They are both obviously more talented than the bottom 6 guys but i dont believe either is suited to a role there just yet. They are legit still kids with a handful of games, after all.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
I can agree to that but also i dont believe that CC is an ideal bottom 6 winger for a playoff series just yet and im not sure where he plays in the top 6 because he plays very different from Armia and isnt going to replace Gally. It's literally the same reason Robertson isn't going to fit into the leafs scheme right now, there's just currently no ideal position. They are both obviously more talented than the bottom 6 guys but i dont believe either is suited to a role there just yet. They are legit still kids with a handful of games, after all.
Yeah fair enough. It’s just disgusting seeing those guys scratched with the likes of Eric staal in the lineup.

more of an emotional reaction to that I guess haha

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I know what you were replying to because it was me who you replied to and subsequently tried to change what i said to suit your weird agenda.

This is a direct 1 for 1 comparison of the two people this thread is about but now its off topic because, as usual, youre wrong. You have no clue what youve even said in this thread let alone what youre responding to anymore. Its baffling.
I have had no idea what you are talking about from the beginning. You said the Leafs were too deep for Robertson to crack. I listed a bunch of so so players and it took you 3 paragraphs to dance around and change your point. I never argued with any of that nonsense. Then you want to start talking about Montreal's team for some reason which has nothing to do with the Leafs incredible depth or Robertson.

If you made a unclear, poorly worded post and took a long post to reframe your initial error, just leave it at that.

It's like having a virtual runt dog nipping at my heals in this thread.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
I have had no idea what you are talking about from the beginning. You said the Leafs were too deep for Robertson to crack. I listed a bunch of so so players and it took you 3 paragraphs to dance around and change your point. I never argued with any of that nonsense. Then you want to start talking about Montreal's team for some reason which has nothing to do with the Leafs incredible depth or Robertson.

If you made a unclear, poorly worded post and took a long post to reframe your initial error, just leave it at that.

It's like having a virtual runt dog nipping at my heals in this thread.
Guess the habs are too deep of a team for caufield to play on too.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Guess the habs are too deep of a team for caufield to play on too.
If someone has said that then go talk to them about it. Or keep throwing those red herrings to distract from an actual post. This is a discussion about the Leafs line up being too deep for Robertson to be good enough to crack.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
If someone has said that then go talk to them about it. Or keep throwing those red herrings to distract from an actual post. This is a discussion about the Leafs line up being too deep for Robertson to be good enough to crack.
Lol this is a discussion about Caufield vs Robertson, check the title. You can criticize someone for saying the reason Robertson isn't playing is because the leafs are a deep team. Yet you get defensive when I point out caufield isn't in the lineup and am wondering how deep the habs must be. Lol

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Lol this is a discussion about Caufield vs Robertson, check the title. You can criticize someone for saying the reason Robertson isn't playing is because the leafs are a deep team. Yet you get defensive when I point out caufield isn't in the lineup and am wondering how deep the habs must be. Lol
The guy is a lost cause. I'm really not sure if he truly, truly doesnt understand and is confused or if hes just plugging his ears and wailing about this thread being focused only on the leafs.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
You are confusing defensive with apathetic. I just don’t care. I haven’t seen anyone make the same claim about Caufield and the Habs. If you want to say that go ahead. If you find someone saying that go tell them all about it. But it still has nothing to do with The Leafs being too deep for Robertson to be good enough to crack.

Keep throwing those red herrings.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Following an injury on his first shift and spending the year with the marlies, you mean. Then the leafs went out and got playoff depth, veteran guys to fill some of the possible places he would have been in all season long if not for his earlier injury.

The leafs are a deep team, Caufield would also be in the minors right now with us.
So just fix this mess. Is Robertson good enough to replace “veteran depth” or not? It can’t be both. You are all upset because I asked you if you really believe this using specific players he might be able to replace.

BTW, for how mad you are getting I haven’t even said if I agree with this or not.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
So just fix this mess. Is Robertson good enough to replace “veteran depth” or not? It can’t be both. You are all upset because I asked you if you really believe this using specific players he might be able to replace.

BTW, for how mad you are getting I haven’t even said if I agree with this or not.

To your bold, I think youre projecting a bit or misreading everything with a negative tone.

He was good enough to play in the regular season (Hence how he started game 1 with the team), he would have had more time to show himself except for the injury and maybe the leafs wouldnt have had to go and get the playoff depth. He is not good enough to replace NHL players like Foligno, Hyman or Kerfoot at this stage in his career. The players you listed, with the exemption of Gally, are not players he is in the running to replace. They dont play the same style or role. You dont put young rookies in checking lines of the NHL when they have been a scoring forward their entire career, let alone in the playoffs.

As for Gally, I believe he is good enough to replace him but Gally got his chance and ran with it and was fantastic, so there was no need to waste a year of Robertsons ELC.

In summary, to make it very very obvious what im saying. He is GOOD ENOUGH to play in the NHL over some of the depth players, none of whom are even in the lineup. He isnt good enough to take the role from Foligno or Hyman.

Also notice the quote you picked had specified about Caufield in it, so never was it off topic to bring caufield back into the conversation. Especially in a Caufield vs Robertson thread, so maybe stop calling it off topic.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yup, hes sick. Its crazy to think your coach isn't playing a potential game breaker but I dont see him fitting into the bottom 6. The more surprising one to me is leaving Romanov out, sure he hasnt been as amazing as he was to start the season but how else is he going to get this type of experience?
Ducharme is the worst coach Ive ever seen. Yes, that even includes Ralf Krueger and Dallas Eakin

Kotkaniemi has never had a game where he had the same linemates for more than two games.
Romanov has consistently been the Habs second best Dman (Thats another sad part in all of itself) and he's being benched for AHL Kulak and Merrill whos been complete ass. Romanov has had two partners with which he had a negative GF%, and Merrill is by far the worst of those at 2 and 9 since they were paired. Merrill hasn't been positive with anyone.

Eric Staal is also the worst hockey player Ive ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad