Caufield vs Robertson

Caufield v Robertson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
It's Robertson and it'll only become clearer as their careers progress.

Rob outperformed Caufiled in the WJC on the same team, was the first 18 year old rookie to debut in the playoffs and score since Iginla decades ago, and obviously shredded goal records in the OHL that were previously held by Tavares/Kane as recent examples. The "harder league" argument holds little water considering that Rob is already playing in the NHL despite being drafted an entire round+ later.

Caufield's goal scoring is also special but he's useless defensively (look at his "controller disconnected" back check last week) and plays soft (rocked open ice last week as well, doesn't engage physically, etc.). Robertson's motor, feistiness and willingness to battle in hard areas will make him a complete scoring threat in all areas of the O-zone. Also has PK potential down the line. Just a better overall player but Caufield's draft pedigree will carry him in this comparison, for now.

They've conveniently stopped talking about Josh Brook after he fell off the map, but last year they were adamant that he was an equivalent prospect to Liljegren.

I've book marked the posts, it's a great laugh.
How we feelin’ today?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Classic. Bump a thread at the perfect time where opinion is obviously one sided. When Caufiled is in a slump and Robertson gets on a hot streak next year I look forward to the next bump.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Did Robertson get the same chance to play for Toronto this year that Caufield was given?

I prefer Caufield, but it’s not Robertson’s fault that Caufield was given an earlier chance for a big role. That can’t be held against Robertson in this equation.

Leafs needed offence bad in the series. If he had been able to play that role, he would have been given the opportunity. Meanwhile Caufield's insertion in the lineup completely changed the tide of the series

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Classic. Bump a thread at the perfect time where opinion is obviously one sided. When Caufiled is in a slump and Robertson gets on a hot streak next year I look forward to the next bump.

Don't worry we'll make sure to bump it when Caufield is at the very least a finalist for the Calder

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Did Robertson get the same chance to play for Toronto this year that Caufield was given?

I prefer Caufield, but it’s not Robertson’s fault that Caufield was given an earlier chance for a big role. That can’t be held against Robertson in this equation.
Well his short 6 game stint this year with toronto, he didn’t really stand out in any way shape or form.
But you are right. He played 4th line and a bit of 3rd line and didn’t play PP at all but did play PK. Next year should be a better indicator at where both these guys are at

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Keep making those stupid comments considering i chimed in long before you did.
Face it The only fans that would take Robertson over Caufield are
1 Like your self Leaf fan.
2 Like your self Hab hater.
Buddy. My comments are accurate. Now that your team is doing well, you bumped my comments from before the playoffs started. I highly doubt you'd bump it if mtl was knocked out in round 1 or 2 where caufield had 0 goals. But that's your sad life.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If we are going to wait for Robertson to score 3 goals in 5 games in the ECF as a Leaf, we will have to wait for a very long time because while it will be Robertson, it won't be the one the Leafs have right now.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Buddy. My comments are accurate. Now that your team is doing well, you bumped my comments from before the playoffs started. I highly doubt you'd bump it if mtl was knocked out in round 1 or 2 where caufield had 0 goals. But that's your sad life.

Your comment was pure BS
1ST- your comments were after the first two rds not before the playoffs. Not hard to check.

2nd -You said and here's your quote- [ The fact you had 0 courage to chime in until 1. He finally scores in the playoffs 2. The habs are 1 win away from the SCF.
Pure BS.
3rd -I chimmed in long before the playoffs started, long before scored a goal and before you even posted in this thread..

And last but not lease-- .Your the one that tried take a shot at Caufield because he wasn't dressed the 1st 2 games. Now those comments are making you eat pie and now your trying to backpedal by making false claims . Seems you have to post false facts to make yourself feel better. Now that's a poor sad pathetic life. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Samhockey3

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I don't know how this was even close, Caufield was killing it even a month after his draft and everyone calling him a steal.

Robertson has yet to prove himself - assuming we're talking about nick and not his brother.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leafs needed offence bad in the series. If he had been able to play that role, he would have been given the opportunity. Meanwhile Caufield's insertion in the lineup completely changed the tide of the series

Appeals to authority aren’t often convincing to me. Make your own argument.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Do people not realize this thread is from 7 months ago

Just goes to show how overvalued Nick was around here a mere 7 months ago lmao

The Nick vs Jason Robertson debate was a hands down win for Nick ~7 months ago.

Just goes to show you how overhyped Toronto based media make guys like Robertson, or Liljegren, or Bracco, or Dermott, or Korshkov.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
what a weird comment, it's like saying "When Matthews is in a slump and Foligno gets on a hot streak next year"

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018

Like the same perfect time that was obviously one sided that started this whole conversation back at the 2020 WJS when Robertson had more points than Caufield. Bias Robertson supporters brought this on themselves. CC was always the better prospect and player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad