Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) - Signed, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
What 3rd line center gets 12 minutes? Plus PP time. That is just a ridiculous thing to say.

On a side not how many minutes did Roy get with Vanek and Pommers?

The one the coach literally said got 12-13 minutes? Lmao. “He’s out a month, and he steps right into some difficult situations. He played 12 to 13 minutes his first game, now he’s getting more minutes,” said coach Phil Housley. “I just like the way he’s played. He’s played well with the puck and without it.”

So in order for him to play 14-15+ minutes that means the 4th line will only get around 5 minutes. Which is the way it should be on this team with no depth.

Take away Larssons PK time and hes around 12 minutes a game centering the 3rd line. Mittelstadt doesn't get PK time though he does get SOME PP time..but usually PP1 gets almost all of it because PP2 is inept.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
people want him in Rochester next season?

LOL

Just because he doesn't absolutely need it doesn't mean it's laughable.

The Sabres are lucky that, like Eichel, he takes so much responsibility on his own that even they can't screw up his development. There are no poor decisions in that regard -- he'd turn out fine with either path.

Reactions: brian_griffin

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
The one the coach literally said got 12-13 minutes? Lmao. “He’s out a month, and he steps right into some difficult situations. He played 12 to 13 minutes his first game, now he’s getting more minutes,” said coach Phil Housley. “I just like the way he’s played. He’s played well with the puck and without it.”

So in order for him to play 14-15+ minutes that means the 4th line will only get around 5 minutes. Which is the way it should be on this team with no depth.

Take away Larssons PK time and hes around 12 minutes a game centering the 3rd line. Mittelstadt doesn't get PK time though he does get SOME PP time..but usually PP1 gets almost all of it because PP2 is inept.
keep telling yourself that. Not sure why you are Lmao is for did the coach say that? We should all be happy if the 4th line gets 5 minutes a game.
The Lmao should be the fact you want him to play in rochester. Another ridiculous thing to say

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
People are complaining he wont get enough minutes on the third line. How did that work out for Vanek Roy Pomminville?
I'm only stating what seems obvious to me: the year the sabres burned on him in my book is indication they wanted him so badly for the NHL roster next season that they were willing to do this. Whether he would benefit or not from the AHL is academic because they intend to develop him in the NHL.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
People are complaining he wont get enough minutes on the third line. How did that work out for Vanek Roy Pomminville?
They all had some time in Rochester, tho.

I haven't been too impressed with Casey. I'll admit I only saw the Wings game and the first two periods of the Laughs game. He looks like a prospect who could use some conditioning in the AHL to develop his game. That's no slight against him, and perhaps he'll change my mind come October, but at this exact moment I'd like him to learn to dominate in the AHL.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
They all had some time in Rochester, tho.

I haven't been too impressed with Casey. I'll admit I only saw the Wings game and the first two periods of the Laughs game. He looks like a prospect who could use some conditioning in the AHL to develop his game. That's no slight against him, and perhaps he'll change my mind come October, but at this exact moment I'd like him to learn to dominate in the AHL.
Ok but the discussion wasn't time in Rochester. That is a different argument. The question was or the discussion was he wont get enough minutes on the third line, I disagree.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
keep telling yourself that. Not sure why you are Lmao is for did the coach say that? We should all be happy if the 4th line gets 5 minutes a game.
The Lmao should be the fact you want him to play in rochester. Another ridiculous thing to say

I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Did you read what you wrote? Its a mess....
The one the coach literally said got 12-13 minutes?
huh? blame me for your broken English.

Exactly. You asked "what 3rd line player gets 12 minutes?" so I said "the one the coach literally said got 12-13 minutes", followed by the quote of him talking about CM getting 12-13 minutes.

What's Mitts ice time at tonight? Looks like hes on pace for another 12-13 minute game.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That's the dream. For the fans of only the Amerks anyway. Otherwise that's a waste of time that accomplishes nothing.
Why don't we wait and see how he looks in camp before we decide if it's a waste of time?

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Why don't we wait and see how he looks in camp before we decide if it's a waste of time?

Why? It would be. Mittelstadt has already said he left college because he knew he was ready for this level. I mean theoretically Botts could do anything he wants but the plan isn't to play him down in the minors.

I've watched a lot of Casey in person - I'm sure more than you - and watching him away from the play tells me he's ready for the NHL. He's already better at getting back defensively than over half the forwards on the current team at least, not that it's a big deal with this team.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
A9tgtsS.jpg

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
He didn’t have as many defensive mistakes in his last game, but his offense was nonexistent and he was getting pushed around by one of the leagues worst defenses. I think he’ll figure it out still.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Mittelstadt played 12:53 in his first game and 13:59 in his second game. Eichel and ROR usually eat up 40+ minutes. Mittelstadt isn't going to get much powerplay time or any PK time so his minutes will be less than most 3C's based on all of the above.
Maybe that shouldn't be happening. Just a thought.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Maybe that shouldn't be happening. Just a thought.

20 minutes is about right for a top line forward in the NHL.

McDavid is averaging 21:32
Kucherov 19:47
Giroux 20:24
Hall 19:08
MacKinnon 19:51
Kopitar 22:05
Wheeler 20:07
Crosby 20:41

I don't have an issue with the top 2 lines, it's the 4th line that gets too much ice time.
Larsson played 16 minutes last game. Nolan 9 minutes. Baptiste 11:21. Even if you take away PP and PK time they still have about the exact same ice time, sometimes more than our 3rd line at ES which should never happen.

Mitts only got 13:32 of ice time (2:43 of it on the PP) despite this being possibly his best game. Nylander only got 10:29..why are our 4th liners sometimes getting more ice time than them when they were our first two goal scorers!?

Also can we please get Wilson off the top 2 lines? I don't care how well hes played for a 5th round pick, hes still a 4th liner.

Reactions: Mitts888

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Is his number being 37 a nod to the most famous Casey in the history of American sports, because if it is that would be.... Amazin'!!!

Reactions: LaxSabre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad