Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) - Signed, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Everyone forgets you once you're in Buffalo. Saw a mock draft the other day and Buffalo wasn't even in the NHL apparently.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Would have been strange if he would have been left off the team for Colin "Lehner" White.
I am really happy he turned out to be that good, kinda evens out the Nylander pick a bit.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Lost in all the Dahlin-ism, has there been any follow-up report on the condition of his groin injury?
I was of the belief it was more “poorly timed” than serious...but this was the last I saw about a week ago from Vogl

Sabres center Casey Mittelstadt was left off the U.S. team for the World Championship with a groin injury. Botterill said the 19-year-old's ailment is not serious.

"It's disappointing for him and for ourselves because we felt this was going to be a great opportunity for him," Botterill said. "Casey sometimes you watch him on the ice and you’re very impressed, but he's also just a young kid. He was excited to play with Patrick Kane. He was excited to play with these NHL players.

"It's a groin, but it shouldn't be anything more than a couple weeks. But obviously with the tournament starting next week, it just didn't make any sense for him to go over there."

Reactions: Chainshot

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
How do you want to deploy Casey this year? In a small sample size (6 games) he had 1g, 4a 5pts +1 with 14minutes of ice time.

Is it possible he follows a Clayton Keller path? Keller in his first full season posted these numbers...

82g 23g, 42a, 65pts -7 18mins of ice time

If Casey remains on the 3rd line I can definitely see him be a 50+ point center. Of course, we'd all like to see a positive +/-.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
How do you want to deploy Casey this year? In a small sample size (6 games) he had 1g, 4a 5pts +1 with 14minutes of ice time.

Is it possible he follows a Clayton Keller path? Keller in his first full season posted these numbers...

If Casey remains on the 3rd line I can definitely see him be a 50+ point center. Of course, we'd all like to see a positive +/-.

I think the answer to your question will be decided by what Botts does in trade and free agency.

I thought he looked strong enough at center to start the year in the 3C role with say Okposo and girgs flanking him. Let them try to eat up weaker matchups.

If they sign a solid 3C, Nash, Ryan, the usual suspects, I think Casey would fit nicely on the wing with O’Reilly or Eichel and play a role closer to Keller in minutes.

Reactions: joshjull

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016

I can easily see him getting 60 points over 82 games, will need PP time and he'll get it. Our 2nd PP unit was hilarious, so he's getting on the 2nd PP unit if not the 1st.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

On the wing. Much like a lot of guys who were centers in junior or college, I think he should not be tasked of playing center at this time. We don't have the support 3rd line wingers talented enough to really complement him well, while he's still learning the NHL game at a stronger and faster pace. Treat him like Toronto was treating Marner, or Philly treated Giroux, or Tampa treated Stamkos.

IMO, you put Mittelstadt on ROR or Eichel's wing. Go after a Riley Nash type guy and have a center spine of Eichel-ROR-Nash.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
On the wing. Much like a lot of guys who were centers in junior or college, I think he should not be tasked of playing center at this time. We don't have the support 3rd line wingers talented enough to really complement him well, while he's still learning the NHL game at a stronger and faster pace. Treat him like Toronto was treating Marner, or Philly treated Giroux, or Tampa treated Stamkos.

IMO, you put Mittelstadt on ROR or Eichel's wing. Go after a Riley Nash type guy and have a center spine of Eichel-ROR-Nash.
Mitts - O'Reilly - Reinhart would be fun.

I see Nash's name a lot here. That's a player you stay away from in UFA. He will be extremely overpaid long-term.

Reactions: sabrebuild

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Was rewatching season 1 of Suits yesterday and suddenly realized why Mitts looks so familiar:

cut.jpeg

kLWibPY.png

Reactions: BackGroundMusic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->