Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) - Signed, #37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I could see him with Poms on RW since Mitts can lug and distribute. As well, the offensive zone start side of things should be the way they break him in if he's the 3C, ala. the old Roy line. The LW would need to be a retrivalist and defensively responsible player, like smashing Wilson's energy and "good" Girgensons together in one body. Not sure who that is...

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Well there is only one winger on the roster who scored more than Pominville last year so this summer has to magically produce a laughable amount of better options at wing.

So good luck on that.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I could see him with Poms on RW since Mitts can lug and distribute. As well, the offensive zone start side of things should be the way they break him in if he's the 3C, ala. the old Roy line. The LW would need to be a retrivalist and defensively responsible player, like smashing Wilson's energy and "good" Girgensons together in one body. Not sure who that is...

Erod was his LW at the end of the year and may be a good fit.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Pominville in a specialty roll, namely the shooter for Casey to pass to, is livable for a season if that’s what they want to do.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Jack has commented a few times on IG that Casey won't take his shirt off in posts even when all his ripped friends are shirtless. LOL
I didn't see Jack's comments, but it's something I noticed independently.

I can't blame him. No way I take my shirt off in front of those dudes.

Reactions: Mitts888

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hi Sabres fans. I will probably be visiting here a bit this season. Casey was one of my favourite 2017 draft prospects. Had him in my top 3 behind Hischier and Patrick. Really looking fwd to seeing how he does this season. It wouldn't surprise me if he is a Calder finalist this season, and who knows maybe even the winner. Goodluck this season!

Last edited:

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Hi Sabres fans. I will probably be visiting here a bit this season. Casey was one of my favourite 2016 draft prospects. Had him in my top 3 behind Hischier and Patrick. Really looking fwd to seeing how he does this season. It wouldn't surprise me if he is a Calder finalist this season, and who knows maybe even the winner. Goodluck this season!

Thanks, and it was 2017, not 2016.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Thanks, and it was 2017, not 2016.

Correct I wrote 2017 in the prospects thread and 2016 here for some reason...

Looking fwd to Preseason and to who he meshes well with. One aspect he should do well this year. On the PP where his vision, hockey iq and skill should help the Sabres PP.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
So only a month or so until we start getting "MittleFAT" posts?
More like MittelPhat ... am I right??!!!

giphy.gif

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Lord give to the strength to watch another season of the husks of Okposo and Pominville being dragged around
slow or not they are the only wingers on the team that are known to actually put the puck in the net often outside of Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->