OT: Cartoons/Animation/etc Thread

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Best Bugs episode? The one where he conducts the orchestra/solo singer fat guy.

Already in my signature from other sites:

Straight line from Merrie Melodies/Warner Brothers/Bugs Bunny to Monty Python to everything else that's funny or thought provoking or entertaining or just good. Good cartoons and animation simply rise to the top of their medium more easily than not from my perspective. Countless favorites, and so easy to re-enjoy

Reactions: Amorgus

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
There was a trend in the 70s and 80s of turning tv shows into crappy Saturday morning cartoons.

tumblr_n4tn8exsvY1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Screenshot_20190424-183401.jpg

6C6ED903-924F-415C-A8E1-C39173FABBCC.jpg

lf.jpeg

Brady_kids.jpg

il_794xN.1546746363_pefy.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This one may very well take the cake though. Apparently a Jetsons reboot with the kids aged up was scrapped in favor of it.
maxresdefault (1).jpg

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
What in the hell happened to cartoons man. I feel bad for the young kids growing up now.
In fairness most of these old shows are more available than ever now. It used to be if, say, Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network cancelled a show and pulled it from the schedule that you probably wouldn't see it anymore. Now, most of these shows are available on DVD (complete seasons and sometimes complete series), iTunes, streaming services like Netflix, etc. And I think shorts like Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, old Disney, etc are on YouTube. So if a parent who grew up with 90s Nickelodeon wanted to share their childhood favorites with their kids in 2019, it should be fairly easy depending on the show.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Does anyone who grew up with Nickelodeon in the mid-late 90s remember this show? It ended when I was three (2000) and has barely been rerun since then but I still have very vague memories of watching it a few times when I was really young. I specifically remember thinking that June (the character with the blue hair) was a boy. It has to be one of Nick's most obscure shows because it rarely got rerun and has never gotten a home media release of any kind (the reason is apparently because Nick doesn't own the rights to all the shorts that were used in the show anymore).

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Does anyone who grew up with Nickelodeon in the mid-late 90s remember this show? It ended when I was three (2000) and has barely been rerun since then but I still have very vague memories of watching it a few times when I was really young. I specifically remember thinking that June (the character with the blue hair) was a boy. It has to be one of Nick's most obscure shows because it rarely got rerun and has never gotten a home media release of any kind (the reason is apparently because Nick doesn't own the rights to all the shorts that were used in the show anymore).

Whoever made that was high.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
The first few seasons of Archer were awesome. From the Noir season and on lost me.
I swear the show writers wanted to end the series and was given an offer they couldn’t refuse.
I forgot about Archer, and I love that cartoon. Classic spy stuff is the best, the cocaine excursion was great (skinny Pam is so f***ing hot), but yeah, after the noir, it seemed to jump the shark. I wasn't in love with the island intrigue with Nazi's. Curious how they will prolong it.

I f***ING FORGOT RICK AND MORTY1!!!!1!!!1!!1!1
only the best cartoon on tv right now

giphy.gif

wtf dude, really?

Shout out to old school Spider-Man (and his Amazing Friends- Ice-Man and Firestar*) These were hard to find, but great, competed with the old school Justice League for campy fun.

*Firestar was a cartoon created character to opposite Ice-Man, an accessible young fun character already created in the comics. So even back then, sjw was a thing, get off my lawn. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3