OT: Cartoons/Animation/etc Thread

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
On the topic of non-Hanna Barbera 60s cartoons, I know Underdog was apparently a favorite of both of my parents in their respective youths. They got me a DVD of it when I was a kid and we went to see the crappy live action movie, too, haha.

Oh Hells yes, it was awesome - one of my favorites. I have figurines of all the major characters and a Frisbee with him on it lol

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I couldn't find a good place for House of Mouse when I wanted to show it to my little cousin a couple years ago. So freaking hard to find online.
Yeah, they used to all be on YouTube a while back but now it's all just slowed down or in a small frame or whatever. Maybe they still sell the Halloween and Christmas specials on DVD? Haven't checked Dailymotion. I usually have better luck finding old toons on there. That's where I found all the Beatles cartoon episodes.

Reactions: Chinatown88

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Just finished rewatching Avatar: the Last Airbender (thanks facebook!).

Then binged the Legend of Korra which I thought was even better. Yes I will fight over this.
Address upon request

I like Korra better, too.

Thought both series had issues wrapping up the weighty themes in a satisfactory way.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
tenor.gif

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA

Bask in it.

They're all on YouTube, it's just that most of them have the songs removed or muted to avoid copyright. Dailymotion has them all with sound.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Bugs and Spongebob are my favorites. Best Bugs episode? The one where he conducts the orchestra/solo singer fat guy. Best SpongeBob? Pizza Delivery.

Other phenomenal cartoons? Fairly Oddparents, Jimmy Neutron, Rocket Power, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Wild Thornberrys....I'm sure I'm missing some.

Underrated cartoons include Catscratch and Chalkzone

When I was a kid every Saturday morning they Bugs/Roadrunner/Sylvester and tweety on for 90 minutes. It was glorious.
Old Tom and Jerry will also always be a favorite of mine. The best ones were with Spike in it.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
PreTeenPredator_thumb.jpg

Brad Neely's Harg Nallin' Sclopio Peepio

Also Ugly Americans was a great show cancelled before it's time along with Frisky Dingo (made by same guys as Archer, which is also great).

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->