OT: Cartoons/Animation/etc Thread

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I just realized that since Disney has the Muppets rights I wonder if they'll put the OG Muppet Babies cartoon on Disney+??? I loved it so much I even got the comics for a year through the school magazine drive and recorded myself on cassette voice acting an issue.
They have a new version on Disney junior. It’s cute. I like my kids watching it but would love them to see the original.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I am pretty sure the "Krazy Kat' comic strip was super influential on the artists who came later - at least one (and I am pretty sure both) of Berkeley Breathed or Bill Watterson (both legitimate geniuses) was influenced by it. I don't know how many times I saw the animated show when I was growing up through the 70s, but it wasn't very often - we had "Top Cat" on our local independent channel, and it was great.

We also had "Heckle and Jeckle" on our other independent channel - in the mornings, it was "The Lone Ranger" at 6, then "Three Stooges," then "Looney Tunes," then "Heckle and Jeckle," then "Battle of the Planets" (literally the greatest thing in the world) and then something else, I don't remember what. For a while, "Rocky and Bullwinkle" was on then, and that made it the greatest 3-hour stretch of TV imaginable.

Heckle and Jeckle... yes... missed that one... really popular and good. Thanks for bringing them up.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
In terms of Disney movies I personally feel that Meet the Robinsons is pretty underrated, though a lot of the movies the studio made during Walt Disney's lifetime seem to be increasingly overlooked anymore. I personally think Pinocchio is one of Disney's best, for example

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
They have a new version on Disney junior. It’s cute. I like my kids watching it but would love them to see the original.
I know they have a new one but I don't know anything about it. If it doesn't have all the movie and song parodies, I'm not interested.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
You see, Toe, when you started talking **** about me being romantically interested in that sofa-sized diva (she puts the "diva" in "divan"), I called her and told her that the gif wasn't enough and that she should go sit on your face.
She always does what I tell her, because unlike some appendages on here, she knows what the rank of Captain entails.
:laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

hJZenq.gif

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Favorite movie- Transformers: The Movie (1986)
Actually may just be my favorite movie period, full stop.

Others: GI Joe, The Last Unicorn, Heavy Metal, Starchaser: The Legend of Orin, The Secret of Nimh, Felix the Cat, FANTASIA

Edit: Akira, obvious answer forgotten...

Back in college I had a sexual encounter with a lesbian, and The Last Unicorn was the carrot to start a bond. Movie > that experience. It was occuring during the Flyers - Leafs playoff series. Stay weird.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad