OT: Cartoons/Animation/etc Thread

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I just imagine @Captain Dave Poulin as Foghorn when reading his posts just to laugh some more.

I am so conflicted about that guy now. In the past I always rooted for this guy because he is the closest America has to a mongoose:

weasel.jpg

And then I got back here and met the rooster Rapier, the most rapey bird I have ever seen. But then the other chickens are all right, I guess, and I don't want them to get eaten.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I am so conflicted about that guy now. In the past I always rooted for this guy because he is the closest America has to a mongoose:

weasel.jpg

And then I got back here and met the rooster Rapier, the most rapey bird I have ever seen. But then the other chickens are all right, I guess, and I don't want them to get eaten.

The one episode Foghorn painted the dog a deer or some shit so that thing would try to eat it. :laugh:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
What I watched in age groups:

Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, Doug, Roccos Modern Life

Then
Simpsons, Rocket Power, Invader Zim, Fairly Odd Parents, Spongebob

Then
An anime phase, mostly DBZ.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Our threads seem to devolve into talk about cartoons a lot, so I decided we may as well have a thread dedicated to it.

Childhood favorites, adulthood favorites, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, tv, movies... discuss your favorites and/or least favorites here
Coming in late, but I love this OT thread- kudos for starting it.

So many toons, so many...

In no order other than recollection
Childhood - Gumby, Transformers, MASK, He-Man (truly a horrible cartoon in retrospect), GI Joe, Silver Hawks, Voltron, Carebears, Gummibears, Smurfs, Jem, My Little Ponies (I have a younger sister and had to share the tv), Looney Tunes, Muppet Babies, David the Gnome (google assist- sick days home from school), Inspector Gadget (google assist- feel shamed I forgot), Ghostbusters (this is awesome, different cartoon and studio)

Middle/High school'ish - Chip'n'Dale Rescue Rangers, Tailspin, Darkwing Duck, Count Duckula, DuckTales (90s & now), Batman: The Animated Series, DBZ, Gundam, Transformers: Beast Wars, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Tick, Ren & Stimpy, Rocco's Modern Life, Animaniacs, Gargoyles, The Critic, X-Men (90s), Spider-Man (90s & now), the Avengers (now), Guardians of the Galaxy (now), Justice League, Super Man (it was on), Doug, Rugrats, Aaahh Real Monsters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (90s), Mutant League, Toxic Avenger, Swamp Thing, Tiny Toon Adventures (google assist), Daria (google assist), Eek! The Cat (special shout out to sub-set Terrible Thunder Lizards), Swat Kats (google assist), King of the Hill, Thundercats (google assist- feel shamed I forgot), The Real Ghostbusters (google assist- feel shamed I forgot), Batman Beyond, Scooby-Doo, Sailor Moon

Cartoon Network - Dexter's Labratory, PowerPuff Girls, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go, Samuri Jack, Steven Universe, We Three Bears, Craig of the Creek

Adult Swim - All of it except f***ing Squidbillies, trash. Personal fav's- Sealab 2021, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, the Brak Show, Killface, Tom Goes to Mayor, Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Toonami - Damn near all of it- basically not the biggest Naruto fan at all, and could take or leave One Piece. Anything with a Mech is top of the pile, always watched the DB stuff even if painfully slow. Cowboy Beebop, Outlaw Star, Big O, any Gundam, are what got me interested, and I stick around for whatever the WB/Cartoon Network/Adult Swim decide I should watch.

Randoms now - Bob's Burgers, American Dad, Family Guy, South Park, Final Space, the non-Lego Star Wars, Futurama*

Noticeably missing - The Simpsons

EDIT: shamefully, I forgot Tom & Jerry. T&J plus Looney Toons were my introduction to cartoons with my dad
Also, I should add PawPatrol for now, because my toddler is a terrorist, and I've yelped for help. There's 25+ hours of PawPatrol on my DVR right now.

EDIT*2: Stealing someone else's- Courage the Cowardly Dog was awesome, partnered with Eek! the Cat. Pink Panther was hit or miss, but enjoyable when catchable. Avatar the Last Airbender, watched/liked season 1, they lost me in season 2 and beyond. The Jetsons, another retro awesomeness (was not a Flintstones fan, but I watched anyway.)
I forgot the Hanna Barbara line-up, basis for a lot of the early Adult Swim stuff. HARVEY BIRDMAN, ATTORNEY AT LAW*. Those old H-B toons were another I'd watch with my dad as a wee child. The Boomerang Channel, a block that predated Adult Swim in the late night/over-night hours, became it's own premium channel, then faded away with a wimper, was instant success with my eyeballs.

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Coming in late, but I love this OT thread- kudos for starting it.

So many toons, so many...

In no order other than recollection
Childhood - Gumby, Transformers, MASK, He-Man (truly a horrible cartoon in retrospect), GI Joe, Silver Hawks, Voltron, Carebears, Gummibears, Smurfs, Jem, My Little Ponies (I have a younger sister and had to share the tv), Loony Tunes, Muppet Babies, David the Gnome (google assist- sick days home from school), Inspector Gadget (google assist- feel shamed I forgot), Ghostbusters (this is awesome, different cartoon and studio)

Middle/High school'ish - Chip'n'Dale Rescue Rangers, Tailspin, Darkwing Duck, Count Duckula, DuckTales (90s & now), Batman: The Animated Series, DBZ, Gundam, Transformers: Beast Wars, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Tick, Ren & Stimpy, Rocco's Modern Life, Animaniacs, Gargoyles, The Critic, X-Men (90s), Spider-Man (90s & now), the Avengers (now), Guardians of the Galaxy (now), Justice League, Super Man (it was on), Doug, Rugrats, Aaahh Real Monsters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (90s), Mutant League, Toxic Avenger, Swamp Thing, Tiny Toon Adventures (google assist), Daria (google assist), Eek! The Cat (special shout out to sub-set Terrible Thunder Lizards), Swat Kats (google assist), King of the Hill, Thundercats (google assist- feel shamed I forgot), The Real Ghostbusters (google assist- feel shamed I forgot), Batman Beyond, Scooby-Doo, Sailor Moon

Cartoon Network - Dexter's Labratory, PowerPuff Girls, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go, Samuri Jack, Steven Universe, We Three Bears, Craig of the Creek

Adult Swim - All of it except ****ing Squidbillies, trash. Personal fav's- Sealab 2021, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, the Brak Show, Killface, Tom Goes to Mayor, Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Toonami - Damn near all of it- basically not the biggest Naruto fan at all, and could take or leave One Piece. Anything with a Mech is top of the pile, always watched the DB stuff even if painfully slow. Cowboy Beebop, Outlaw Star, Big O, any Gundam, are what got me interested, and I stick around for whatever the WB/Cartoon Network/Adult Swim decide I should watch.

Randoms now - Bob's Burgers, American Dad, Family Guy, South Park, Final Space, the non-Lego Star Wars

Noticeably missing - The Simpsons
We’re definitely the same age. David the gnome was a sick day staple.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Enough with the edits- the two cartoons I could watch when in trouble because they were "educational"-

Captain Planet, Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego? Those were after school shows I'm sure.

Are we doing live action? Cause that's not animated, and my facism is kicking in, follow the dang rules, start another thread!

STAY ON TOPIC, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Edit- Mighty Mouse, Underdog, Danger Mouse, Hong Kong Phooey

Reactions: Chinatown88

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Thanks to DFF, remembered China, Ill. fantastic. Props to Ugly Americans.

And I forgot that I forgot about these guys, but Drawn Together. Claymation nomination - SuperMansion

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The first few seasons of Archer were awesome. From the Noir season and on lost me.
I swear the show writers wanted to end the series and was given an offer they couldn’t refuse.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The first few seasons of Archer were awesome. From the Noir season and on lost me.
I swear the show writers wanted to end the series and was given an offer they couldn’t refuse.
I haven't watched the last 2 or 3 seasons for that reason but just saw the upcoming one is Archer in Space. Consider me intrigued.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->