Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
9fb82e3a054934446158407cf8b28c0d.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Bugs and Spongebob are my favorites. Best Bugs episode? The one where he conducts the orchestra/solo singer fat guy. Best SpongeBob? Pizza Delivery.

Other phenomenal cartoons? Fairly Oddparents, Jimmy Neutron, Rocket Power, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Wild Thornberrys....I'm sure I'm missing some.

Underrated cartoons include Catscratch and Chalkzone

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Tom and Jerry was one of my absolute favorites. I used to have it taped when I was at school because that was the only time it was on, haha. On the subject of Cartoon Network, Ed, Edd, n Eddy was definitely my favorite original series they had.

I thought their best one was "Courage the Cowardly Dog" - like the classic toons, it held up for adults.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Cartoon Network
Ed Edd n Eddy
Samurai Jack
Dexter's Laboratory
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Cow and Chicken
Johnny Bravo
The Flintstones (old school replay)
Looney Tunes (old school replay)
Tom and Jerry (old school replay)
Tom and Jerry Kids (replay)
The Jetsons (old school replay)
Scooby Doo (old school replay)
A Pup Named Scooby Do (replay)

Nick
Spongebob
The Fairly Oddparents
Rocco's Modern Life
Catdog
Jimmy Neutron
Doug
Rugrats
Hey Arnold!
The Angry Beavers
The Wild Thornberrys

Conclusion both of the networks had their fair share of good cartoons. It was awesome being a 90s kid.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Bugs and Spongebob are my favorites. Best Bugs episode? The one where he conducts the orchestra/solo singer fat guy. Best SpongeBob? Pizza Delivery.

Other phenomenal cartoons? Fairly Oddparents, Jimmy Neutron, Rocket Power, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Wild Thornberrys....I'm sure I'm missing some.

Catscratch was one of the last Nick shows I got into. It deserved to last way more than a year.

We got the Nicktoons channel when I was nine and that got me into Rocko's Modern Life and Angry Beavers. Those had gone off the air by the time I was little so I didn't really have much of a chance to see them before that. Rocko is definitely still my second favorite Nick show behind SpongeBob.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

"Best Bugs episode" has so many correct answers, it's crazy - for me, the Gremlin episode is definitely in the conversation. We could lose ourselves thinking about that for hours lol

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I thought their best one was "Courage the Cowardly Dog" - like the classic toons, it held up for adults.
Yep, that was one of my parents' favorites, in terms of shows I watched when I was a kid that they had to sit through.

I liked some shows more than others, but if a cartoon was on Nick or Cartoon Network in the early 2000s, I watched it at some point, lol.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
HARDCORE As Told By Ginger fan right here.
Rugrats was the only Klasky-Csupo show I ever liked. Ginger and Wild Thornberrys bored me and I never got into Rocket Power.

Legends of the Hidden Temple.
We got the Nick GaS channel for the last year or two it existed and I grew to like Figure it Out and Double Date 2000 (I don't think they ever showed the original). My brother loved the Game Show Network when I was growing up so I was already used to game shows at that point :laugh:

Probably the most underrated cartoon was "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show," which included Mr. Peabody and Dudley Do-Right. The same guy (Jay Ward) did "George of the Jungle" and "Super Chicken"
On the topic of non-Hanna Barbera 60s cartoons, I know Underdog was apparently a favorite of both of my parents in their respective youths. They got me a DVD of it when I was a kid and we went to see the crappy live action movie, too, haha.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I liked Disney movies growing up but I never got into their TV shows. I was too going for their late 80s/early 90s stuff like Ducktales and even back when I was a kid it was mostly teen sitcom junk. Recess was a good one, though, and I really liked House of Mouse, too. The premise was that Mickey and co owned a night club for all the Disney movie characters. They played Disney shorts in between resolving whatever issue arose during the episode. I feel it's pretty overlooked when it comes to early 2000s stuff.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I liked Disney movies growing up but I never got into their TV shows. I was too going for their late 80s/early 90s stuff like Ducktales and even back when I was a kid it was mostly teen sitcom junk. Recess was a good one, though, and I really liked House of Mouse, too. The premise was that Mickey and co owned a night club for all the Disney movie characters. They played Disney shorts in between resolving whatever issue arose during the episode. I feel it's pretty overlooked when it comes to early 2000s stuff.

I couldn't find a good place for House of Mouse when I wanted to show it to my little cousin a couple years ago. So freaking hard to find online.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad