OT: Cartoons/Animation/etc Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Flyers' started by Strawberry Fields, Apr 21, 2019.

1. SolidSnakeUS HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    I only watched the original series, but I do own Brotherhood. I'd watch it in Japanese because I refuse to listen to Ed's English VA.

2. PALE PWNR Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    Dispatch
    Oh please watch it. The original did a great job of fleshing out the series very early on but went completely off the rails towards the end because they went past the source material. Brotherhood follows it much more closely, but having the original as reference for early parts of the story is really nice, as brotherhood doesn't flesh it out like the original. Fma is one of the only anime I actually enjoy the English va more than the Japanese. It's probably because I originally watched it in English so I'm more comfortable with that. Almost every other I do prefer the japanese va though. Dbz I could be 50/50 on, everything else I've ever watched its subs>dubs.

If anyone is looking to enjoy japanese anime for the first time, I'd strongly recommend FMA: Brotherhood. In English or Japanese. It's complete on Netflix so it's easily accessible.

3. SolidSnakeUS HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 100,000
    It's not about sub vs dub (I usually watch stuff in subs), but that VA is a creepy piece of shit. Plus, his whole court case that he had this year is amazingly inept and the people he hired literally might of been nobodies off the street. Knew nothing and did everything wrong, in hilarious fashion.

While I usually prefer subs, there are some legit good dubs.