12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Screenshot_20190501-112758_Facebook.jpg

20th anniversary of Spongebob'a debut is today

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I was flipping through suggested stuff on Amazon Prime and saw Robot Carnival was on there. I resized I never saw it all the way through since I think TNT would play it random late nights and I'd always miss half of it. It really made me miss traditional cel animation, dust spots and all. Back in the 80's and 90's they seemed to be much more selective about what they released over here in the U. S. as opposed to now where most stuff is some variation of Super Powered School Kid #4625. Where's the new Ninja Scroll or Wicked City? At least Castlevania was like Vampire Hunter D.

Reactions: Ruck Over

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I loved all the 30 minute toy commercial cartoons. GI Joe transformers thundercats mask but the one I miss most was exosquad. Totally deserved another season.

Reactions: Defect

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I loved all the 30 minute toy commercial cartoons. GI Joe transformers thundercats mask but the one I miss most was exosquad. Totally deserved another season.
Fight me!

Transformers had a real story line and minimal character development over the arching of thebfrancgise which expanded past 30 minute cartoon ads!

But more or less, you're really wrong about 1 of them, and correct about the others for the most part.

Edit: I remember exo squad after a google search, it was fun, never got the timing down, made a request to have the automatic vcr recording from dad. There was a season 2. And upon watching the opener, the premise of this cartoon is so ridiculous i want to binge watch it all over again.

Last edited:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA

Felt obligated to post this, what with the username and all

It's a crappy old recording, though, so it repeats and skips a bit at a few parts.

Really wish Apple Corps would just clean up and release the series. It's not the most in-demand Beatles related thing but it's not like no one would buy it.

Reactions: Chinatown88

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly

Felt obligated to post this, what with the username and all

It's a crappy old recording, though, so it repeats and skips a bit at a few parts.

Really wish Apple Corps would just clean up and release the series. It's not the most in-demand Beatles related thing but it's not like no one would buy it.

That’s where you got your username? :laugh:

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Round about -

Went into my boss's office to discuss some prelim results of a project a coworker and I are doing. For the first time I notice he has a bunch of Funko dolls up on his shelves, mainly rock bands, and a few wrestlers. After our brief discussion I chat him up about the dolls, he's a serious collector, I mention my comic book collection. We bond, I remember to mention the docu-series, Dark Side of the Ring, and we talk about wrestling some more. Blah blah blah, yada yada yada he mentions Hulk Hogan and it reminds me of this short-lived gem-

80s were garbage. 80s were the best.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Round about -

Went into my boss's office to discuss some prelim results of a project a coworker and I are doing. For the first time I notice he has a bunch of Funko dolls up on his shelves, mainly rock bands, and a few wrestlers. After our brief discussion I chat him up about the dolls, he's a serious collector, I mention my comic book collection. We bond, I remember to mention the docu-series, Dark Side of the Ring, and we talk about wrestling some more. Blah blah blah, yada yada yada he mentions Hulk Hogan and it reminds me of this short-lived gem-

80s were garbage. 80s were the best.

Oh god I had one of those collectible sticker books for that show. I even watched it on an old black and white spare T.V. in my bedroom. I never ended up getting a color T.V. for my room until 1991. I needed it for my SNES so I'd stop hogging the living room T.V. instead.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Late last night after returning home from a night cap, instead of going to bed like a responsible adult, I stayed up and came upon this diddy, which I didn't catch from the beginning but generally enjoyed. It came across as a Chinese version of a Miyazaki movie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad