OT: Cartoons/Animation/etc Thread

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Tomorrow I’m going to introduce my two year old son to G I Joe. I have high hopes, but that’s only because he loves the ghostbusters movie and cartoon. Or maybe I should do the OG turtles?

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Usually the last thing on before Nickelodeon signed off for the day until they created Nick at Nite. I doubt kids today could fathom a cable station not being on 24/7.

How many on here can remember the four Local Stations... including WHYY, the PBS Channel... signing off each night with the Star Spangled Banner, before UHF greatly increased the number of Channels? That was when the only Cable TV was found in school classrooms. The late night/early morning was TV-less... not really sure we haven't actually regressed, in the grand scheme of things. :confused:

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
How many on here can remember the four Local Stations... including WHYY, the PBS Channel... signing off each night with the Star Spangled Banner, before UHF greatly increased the number of Channels? That was when the only Cable TV was found in school classrooms. The late night/early morning was TV-less... not really sure we haven't actually regressed, in the grand scheme of things. :confused:

I wonder if kids who grew up in the 90s would understand the TV scene in Poltergeist.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
so Archer returned tonight..and it was a good start to the season...the last few were lackluster

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
so Archer returned tonight..and it was a good start to the season...the last few were lackluster
I checked out three episodes into the tropical island and talking parrot season and struggled through the noir one. Was this any better? Is he still in his coma?

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I checked out three episodes into the tropical island and talking parrot season and struggled through the noir one. Was this any better? Is he still in his coma?
I only saw a few of the Danger Island one too and it wasn't clicking for me which has not been a problem yet. I loved the Vice season as much as any of the others.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh

i struggled to get through Noir and pretty much am a blank on Danger Island as it was just so...bad...this at least in the first episode started off ..to me..good..has an Aliens/Firefly vibe going..animation looks way better and had some good laughs..at least to me...so i have a feeling it will be a better season

as for him in a coma, i believe the consensus from fans is yes he still is...makes sense as it is called Archer 1999

Reactions: Defect

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Anybody remember Spunk the Donkey... always was bad and mistreated his mother... she had to constantly rescue him at the end... and he'd bray; "Sorry-Mommy...Sorry Mommy"... As a kid, I'd always would relate and feel sorry for the mother donkey... and guilty that I was often a bad boy myself. Haha

Reactions: Ruck Over

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Certainly one of the greatest WB Cartoons... however this clip I believe is truncated in spots, taking away the flow of the Cartoon... The unedited version is fantastic, while this version makes little sense as edited.

It’s definitely edited but that could be to avoid getting copyrighted by YouTube.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
90462E77-73C6-4718-98BD-8DE666B13F64.jpeg

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I forget what exactly led me to this, but I was extremely happy to find it.

The quality- it is not the best thing ever, much like the Flyers. However, the can do, that is appreciable.

What cartoon dad could be added? Father from the Brak Show?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Rewatching Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood atm. Genuinely believe it to be the greatest anime out there currently and this just reinforces it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->