Confirmed with Link: Caron signed

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Got to think he will be traded. Especially after Petes comments on Caron basically saying he is better off on another team.

Either that or Pete is at the point where he'll go with the cheap salary players knowing that they are safe and hopes they have a good year

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
As general manager Peter Chiarelli said earlier this offseason, “I think he can be a full-time player. … I have talked to him about this. It may be that it is time for him to get a chance with another team. So I do believe he can be a full-time player.

“As I said at the draft, I’ve talked to a few teams about him and Jordan wants to stay in Boston but he would welcome another opportunity also. So I will continue to explore those.â€

“I think expectations are kind of open-ended on this situation,†Hughes said. “If there is a trade that presents itself, the Bruins will definitely consider it and I am inclined to agree that it may be time for him to have a fresh start with an organization. Having said that, until the Bruins find the right fit, they still own his rights and we needed to, within a certain timeline, conclude an agreement, which we did.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...-future-air/6xbfvLAITZc8OxAnOfNuEI/story.html

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Last year was the first he had on a one-way deal.

The only "discount" he's taken is $40K from last year. I don't think anything is being lost in translation at all.

Still missing my point but that's fine.

At least the B's and Caron are on the same page and hopefully a trade can be worked out that benefits both sides.

Krnage

Nov 22, 2010
Quebec
Still missing my point but that's fine.

At least the B's and Caron are on the same page and hopefully a trade can be worked out that benefits both sides.

yep...im pretty sure he will not finished the year with the bruins

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
We are a cash strapped Team. We will at some point have to unload some salary. If I was unloading salary I would try to unload more than what Caron is making. It's not gonna solve the problem and it just maybe part of the solution. I maybe wrong but I think he's still here in October. Like him or not that's about as cheap as a player gets. He has almost zero value on the market. Think about it, what are you gonna get for this guy? Maybe he can taking boxing lessons or something.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
We are a cash strapped Team. We will at some point have to unload some salary. If I was unloading salary I would try to unload more than what Caron is making. It's not gonna solve the problem and it just maybe part of the solution. I maybe wrong but I think he's still here in October. Like him or not that's about as cheap as a player gets. He has almost zero value on the market. Think about it, what are you gonna get for this guy? Maybe he can taking boxing lessons or something.

Nobody is saying trading Caron will provide cap relief. But if you're going to trade an RFA, for whatever return, you have to sign him first. And they should get some return. He's young, good-sized, and has NHL experience. He's not as bad as some here believe he is.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
img_7404.jpg

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
Nobody is saying trading Caron will provide cap relief. But if you're going to trade an RFA, for whatever return, you have to sign him first. And they should get some return. He's young, good-sized, and has NHL experience. He's not as bad as some here believe he is.
he had 3 points last year. the year before in the AHL he had 18 points in 47 games.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
he had 3 points last year. the year before in the AHL he had 18 points in 47 games.

And.... What?

Nobody is going to trade for him expecting a scorer. But if a middling team needs a young, bottom-six grinder at a one-year deal at a low cap hit with something to prove, why not give up a draft pick?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Got to think he will be traded. Especially after Petes comments on Caron basically saying he is better off on another team.

Either that or Pete is at the point where he'll go with the cheap salary players knowing that they are safe and hopes they have a good year

Colborne went for a 4th round pick, Caron should be in that area or for a similar type of change-of-scenary prospect coming back

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
And.... What?

Nobody is going to trade for him expecting a scorer. But if a middling team needs a young, bottom-six grinder at a one-year deal at a low cap hit with something to prove, why not give up a draft pick?
other teams have minor league players too and they probably do the sensible thing and sign them to more affordable two way deals. maybe some team will give the bruins some crappy late round pick, because those picks have almost no value. my issue was more with the caron 'not being as bad as people think' part.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And.... What?

exactly how I see it but if he is at Camp something is wrong- Chairelli has now established Caron contract and as teams finish sifting thru the remaining free agents and sign guys like Nick Johnson for NHL depth and AHL roster someone will likely take a shot on him. Dont expect much though.

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
colborn's resume is gretzky like compared to caron plus he was a higher pick which sticks in peoples' minds. maybe some GM is from rimouski and gives you a 7th.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
exactly how I see it but if he is at Camp something is wrong- Chairelli has now established Caron contract and as teams finish sifting thru the remaining free agents and sign guys like Nick Johnson for NHL depth and AHL roster someone will likely take a shot on him. Dont expect much though.

I'm not expecting much at all. I think he'll probably go as part of a package. But as for a "crappy late-round pick" as a return (as per previous poster), Jamie Benn was a fifth-round pick.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I'm not expecting much at all. I think he'll probably go as part of a package. But as for a "crappy late-round pick" as a return (as per previous poster), Jamie Benn was a fifth-round pick.

Funny thing, McQuaid was traded from the Blue Jackets to the Bruins for a 5th round pick on May 17, 2007 and that 5th round pick #129 turned into Jamie Benn.

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
Funny thing, McQuaid was traded from the Blue Jackets to the Bruins for a 5th round pick on May 17, 2007 and that 5th round pick #129 turned into Jamie Benn.
chiarelli would just pick the son of someone in the front office anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad