Confirmed with Link: Caron signed

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Dump Vinny, call up Laughton.

You've fixed the cap situation AND improved the team.

They've got a cap situation, but they've also got everyone locked up. I think our situation is the worst in the league.

I think we need to make first move as far as a cap dump goes.

I agree, Chiarelli has been too passive this offseason imo. He said he was getting calls on dmen he should have made a deal around the draft. Trades seem tough to come by after the first week of July and the team remains in cap trouble, probably heading into training camp.

HanktheHammer*

my belief is confidence for young guys is very important. joe thornton and phil kessel and tyler seguin and blake wheeler were all stuck on 4th line when they got here. everytime one of these guys made a mistake he got nailed to the bench for the rest of the game... and their rookie years all sucked

as opposed to guys like patrice bergeron and to some extent david krejci who were allowed to play more as rookies

if a rookie has the confidence of the coach... they are able to excel a bit more

now some kids are naturally confident... and can handle touch coaching... but it isnt always the same for every single kid. i dont know caron personally but i have seen alot of kids trying to break into the nhl over the past 25 years and it isnt always easy

many kids with great reputations and tons of promise get killed on the vine. often it is a matter of confidence and opportunity

these are teenagers we are talking about... even normal teenagers are full of anxiety... girlfriends... and questions about their place in the universe... but have 18 000 people judging everything they do and the anxiety/preasure can become immeasurable

i will admit caron looked more impressive the first year than he did this past year... but my argument is that i think he has had his confidence damaged. my theory is that if he was handed a fair chance to turn his career around then he does have the ability to be a fairly useful player for us at 600k.

i hope our fans realize that giving him some support is more likely to lead to good things than crapping on him will.

I agree with on this insightful and apt post, Alberta_O'Reilly _Fan

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I agree, Chiarelli has been too passive this offseason imo. He said he was getting calls on dmen he should have made a deal around the draft. Trades seem tough to come by after the first week of July and the team remains in cap trouble, probably heading into training camp.

we have no clue what those offers or deals spoken about with other GM`s looked like.

Completely guessing but I would think that every other GM knows Chia`s right up against the cap and isn`t about to do him any favors to help him relieve the cap stress

He`s not perfect, but he`s earned enough trust from me that if there was a deal out there that would not hurt the team long term, he would have made it.

member 96824

Thats my concern. Historically there isnt much movement after the first half of July. With multiple teams in cap binds, returns will only get lower.

member 96824

I wonder how people here will react if Caron gets traded and scores 20 goals for his new team …. ….

I would guess they'd stock up on canned goods and apologize to Warren Jeffs for calling him crazy.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I think Caron is going to start the season on the 4th line, the fact that he has a one way and no trade value lead me to that conclusion.

As for trades they do get harder to make after mid July but if the right players are up for grabs teams will come out to play. Problem is if your trying to trade unproven players that every team has to many of, your not gonna get a lot of interest.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
I wonder how people here will react if Caron gets traded and scores 20 goals for his new team …. ….

There's as much chance of that happening as hell freezing over. But please, keep drinking the Koolaid!

We should have moved on from Caron a LONG time ago. But he sticks because 1) we have no cap room and 2) we do have a need to fill out 3rd and 4th line roles.

Wonder if Caron can handle Thornton's role if he hits the weight room hard?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
There's as much chance of that happening as hell freezing over. But please, keep drinking the Koolaid!

We should have moved on from Caron a LONG time ago. But he sticks because 1) we have no cap room and 2) we do have a need to fill out 3rd and 4th line roles.

I think guys like wes walz and shawn bates went on to have 20 goal seasons on other teams but that sort of stuff happens to every organization. It is unlikely either walz or bates would have done it for us.

I would like caron to get an extended chance before we dump him. We let sobotka and versteeg go without giving either of them a true chance and obviously they both could play

15 games here and 20 games there averaging 8-10 mins per night has never let anyone excel.

Remember marchand after his first year. I was laughed at when i included him in my mock lineup next year.

Caron has the raw tools to be a decent to good nhl pro. I think we should give him a legitmat grasp at the brass ring before we just marty st louis him out the door.. or maybe mike knuble is a more fair example what can happen when teams give up too early on these bigger kids

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

I think guys like wes walz and shawn bates went on to have 20 goal seasons on other teams but that sort of stuff happens to every organization. It is unlikely either walz or bates would have done it for us.

I would like caron to get an extended chance before we dump him. We let sobotka and versteeg go without giving either of them a true chance and obviously they both could play

15 games here and 20 games there averaging 8-10 mins per night has never let anyone excel.

Remember marchand after his first year. I was laughed at when i included him in my mock lineup next year.

Caron has the raw tools to be a decent to good nhl pro. I think we should give him a legitmat grasp at the brass ring before we just marty st louis him out the door.. or maybe mike knuble is a more fair example what can happen when teams give up too early on these bigger kids

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
Price is fine, should be on a 2 way deal though. Hopefully packaged before training camp, kid needs a fresh start somewhere else.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Because a one-way deal generally indicates that the player will be on the NHL roster, and in some cases (especially Jordan Caron's) there are intense opinions about the player.

I'm not sure about that.

I'm just looking at the Yotes and Ducks here but Nate Thompson, Matt Belesky, Jason Labarbera, Devan Dubnyk were all players on one way deals that spent time in the AHL and even ECHL and were there in favor of players on two way deals. I guess I could look at the other 27 teams.

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
stempniak just signed a 1 year deal for 900k with the rangers. i'd much rather pay another 300k to get a guy who might be able to do something useful

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->