Confirmed with Link: Caron signed

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
The funny thing about Caron, if he could contribute...it's the exact contract that I want/4th line players SHOULD be getting.

None of this 1.6M nonsense. None of this 3M with NTC nonsense...but a fair deal based on a players skill level. A sub 1M 4th line player is what you're looking for there.

Now the issue, I don't believe Caron can contribute significantly...

If that was the belief, he wouldn't have signed for 600k...

Right now, the 13th spot is his to lose. With that contract, him already knowing the system, he is perfect for that spot. And who knows, if he has a great camp, he can even earn a spot on the 4th line...

member 96824

If that was the belief, he wouldn't have signed for 600k...

Right now, the 13th spot is his to lose. With that contract, him already knowing the system, he is perfect for that spot. And who knows, if he has a great camp, he can even earn a spot on the 4th line...

If the belief was that he could contribute significantly, he wouldn't be signing for just above league minimum.

The rest of your post agrees with mine, it's a contract I would love our 4th line guys to get, something sub 1M, and will be great if he were to steal a 4th line spot.

Caron may "know the system" but he hasn't had success in it.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Is it a problem that this signing puts the Bs temporarily over the cap? Heard something earlier that if the Bs go over the cap during the offseason they can't put Savard on LTIR....

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
The problem is he hasn't gotten better and actually his game has been trending downward the last 2 years. He isn't this great board player either which was initially billed as.

my belief is confidence for young guys is very important. joe thornton and phil kessel and tyler seguin and blake wheeler were all stuck on 4th line when they got here. everytime one of these guys made a mistake he got nailed to the bench for the rest of the game... and their rookie years all sucked

as opposed to guys like patrice bergeron and to some extent david krejci who were allowed to play more as rookies

if a rookie has the confidence of the coach... they are able to excel a bit more

now some kids are naturally confident... and can handle touch coaching... but it isnt always the same for every single kid. i dont know caron personally but i have seen alot of kids trying to break into the nhl over the past 25 years and it isnt always easy

many kids with great reputations and tons of promise get killed on the vine. often it is a matter of confidence and opportunity

these are teenagers we are talking about... even normal teenagers are full of anxiety... girlfriends... and questions about their place in the universe... but have 18 000 people judging everything they do and the anxiety/preasure can become immeasurable

i will admit caron looked more impressive the first year than he did this past year... but my argument is that i think he has had his confidence damaged. my theory is that if he was handed a fair chance to turn his career around then he does have the ability to be a fairly useful player for us at 600k.

i hope our fans realize that giving him some support is more likely to lead to good things than crapping on him will.

member 96824

Is it a problem that this signing puts the Bs temporarily over the cap? Heard something earlier that if the Bs go over the cap during the offseason they can't put Savard on LTIR....

Nah they can exceed by 10%.

Philly is 3 over right now with full plans on using Prongers LTIR.

However, they must be cap compliant on day 1 before they use Savvy's money due to LTIR not existing during the offseason

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Like EVERYONE in that Cup run, he played a big part of the teams success. What I still find shocking is how quickly people forget the endless thread(s) during years 2 and 3, you know, the years where he popped 18 goals in each(pure sniper numbers there:sarcasm:), begging Chia to ship his arse elsewhere, anywhere but Boston as he was a floater, he`d go 15 games without so much as being able to be spotted on the ice etc...

I'd rather have Ryder than Eriksson.

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Nah they can exceed by 10%.

Philly is 3 over right now with full plans on using Prongers LTIR.

However, they must be cap compliant on day 1 before they use Savvy's money due to LTIR not existing during the offseason

Your comment drove me to check Philly's cap situation, and I don't see how they get to be compliant on day 1 without trading someone. I'd have to think Grossman would the first gone unless they could find someone to take Vinny.

member 96824

Your comment drove me to check Philly's cap situation, and I don't see how they get to be compliant on day 1 without trading someone. I'd have to think Grossman would the first gone unless they could find someone to take Vinny.

Dump Vinny, call up Laughton.

You've fixed the cap situation AND improved the team.

They've got a cap situation, but they've also got everyone locked up. I think our situation is the worst in the league.

I think we need to make first move as far as a cap dump goes.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Dump Vinny, call up Laughton.

If it were that easy to do, I'm sure Kelly would have been dumped by now. Especially now, in the era of Retained Salary Acquisitions, getting out from under your bad contracts is even more difficult. Unless you're willing to part with an asset to go along with it.

member 96824

If it were that easy to do, I'm sure Kelly would have been dumped by now. Especially now, in the era of Retained Salary Acquisitions, getting out from under your bad contracts is even more difficult. Unless you're willing to part with an asset to go along with it.

While true, Vinny hasn't completely fallen off the face of the earth. Still put up 20 goals this year in a reduced role.

That term really sucks though

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Most Hated Athlete in Boston History Rankings

1. Jordan Caron

2. Roger Clemens

3. JD + Stephen Drew

4. AJ Pierzynski

:shakehead You're a real historian....not.
Your sense of history goes all the way
back to what, 27 years?
Ever heard of Ted Williams giving the Fenway Fanatics the Finger?:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad