Confirmed with Link: Caron signed

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Caron hasnt wowed anyone but he is a 23 year old who has 12 goals and 16 assists in 123 career games while getting 4th line mins and no pp time

Lets be fair people

No one here is trying to pretend this guy is ever likely to become a top 6 scorer... and im sure there is doubt about his ability to play elite level defense and bring consistient level of grit

But the kid is only 23 and averages 8 goals in a 82 game season and almost 20 points.

This is not horrible 4th line production for a kid that has never been given a regular shift game after game.

Lets let the kid get a chance to play a regular shift for at least half a season before we say he isnt eorth a 600k salary

He is the reason the Bruins haven't won a cup since 2011. How much more must we suffer?

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Caron hasnt wowed anyone but he is a 23 year old who has 12 goals and 16 assists in 123 career games while getting 4th line mins and no pp time

Lets be fair people

No one here is trying to pretend this guy is ever likely to become a top 6 scorer... and im sure there is doubt about his ability to play elite level defense and bring consistient level of grit

But the kid is only 23 and averages 8 goals in a 82 game season and almost 20 points.

This is not horrible 4th line production for a kid that has never been given a regular shift game after game.

Lets let the kid get a chance to play a regular shift for at least half a season before we say he isnt eorth a 600k salary

The problem is he hasn't gotten better and actually his game has been trending downward the last 2 years. He isn't this great board player either which was initially billed as.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Chiarelli has talked openly about moving him and he's still a Bruin so I am merely putting two and two together.

I said 'evidently there are not alot of suitors', so you are telling you think there are lots of suitors for Jordan Caron?

I'm not saying there is or there isn't. I have no idea. Your comment implies that you're stating a fact, so I was curious to know the source.

That Caron is still here in mid-July means nothing. Smith and Krug have yet to be signed. Roster moves to reach cap compliance have not been made. I know instant gratification is the thing these days, but none of that has to be done now, tomorrow, or even next week.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
I'm not saying there is or there isn't. I have no idea. Your comment implies that you're stating a fact, so I was curious to know the source.

That Caron is still here in mid-July means nothing. Smith and Krug have yet to be signed. Roster moves to reach cap compliance have not been made. I know instant gratification is the thing these days, but none of that has to be done now, tomorrow, or even next week.

Time of year does mean something actually. Year after year the vast majority of offseason trades are made in late June and early July, check the stats. I think now they will have to do their cap compliance deals during training camp (assuming Kelly and McQuaid are cleared) and at that point Caron is not more appealing than guys on the waiver wire.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Wheeler had a ton of skill, just didn't fit in this system.
Pouliot was a good value player for what they paid him.
Bourque just didn't have the attitude.
Pandolfo was still very good on the PK.

Ryder... yeah I'd rather have Caron than him.

Wow, this post infuriates me. Ryder was great while he was here. He also has a lethal shot. If you can have a guy like Ryder on your third line, you should call yourself lucky. People underestimate what Ryder did for this team and what he brought.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Wow, this post infuriates me. Ryder was great while he was here. He also has a lethal shot. If you can have a guy like Ryder on your third line, you should call yourself lucky. People underestimate what Ryder did for this team and what he brought.

Yeah, Ryder was top three in playoff points behind Krejci and Bergeron during his three years here. It was a big contribution,

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Wheeler had a ton of skill, just didn't fit in this system.
Pouliot was a good value player for what they paid him.
Bourque just didn't have the attitude.
Pandolfo was still very good on the PK.

Ryder... yeah I'd rather have Caron than him.

Huh? Ryder was a straight killer with his shot and in the playoffs he was great. Not sure where that came from or if your serious.

Ryder and Carlos on the 3rd line would be a great combo...

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
If sure they could get a bag of pucks & a box of used drink bottles for him.

What happened, Thornton took all the water bottles to Florida?

I'm not sure about Bart and/or Caron being traded. They're relatively cheap, and we have cap issues not only for now, but for next year. If PC finds a good match now, he'll trade. If there's a good deal to be made mid-season, he'll trade. But he can afford to wait a little to see what happens.

But as silly as that quote is, it is a good question to ask - what can we get back, and do we need it? We probably need wingers the most, specifically RW, right shot. Finding another team that is cap strapped and needs a 13th forward or third paring D-man and is willing to give us what we need is tough.

Pastrnak fits RW/right shot, but he's young - maybe he'll break out, maybe not. If he does, maybe we trade Bart/Caron later on for something else, or maybe we keep them as cap savers. I'm not panicked about trading these two - yet.

Rancid McGoiter

Still metal.
Feb 1, 2005
It's kind of a shame really. Caron is never going to pan out, but he's a body to fill in. After next season, he's probably in Europe or the KHL.

Thornton, in his twilight years, go to Florida and he get da money, when all four of Boston's lines have question marks.

The road ahead might be rocky for the Bs.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Like EVERYONE in that Cup run, he played a big part of the teams success. What I still find shocking is how quickly people forget the endless thread(s) during years 2 and 3, you know, the years where he popped 18 goals in each(pure sniper numbers there:sarcasm:), begging Chia to ship his arse elsewhere, anywhere but Boston as he was a floater, he`d go 15 games without so much as being able to be spotted on the ice etc...

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Caron's number : 38
3+8=11, a master number, the most intuitive of all numbers. It represents illumination; a channel to the subconscious; insight without rational thought; and sensitivity, nervous energy, shyness, and impracticality. It is a dreamer.

The 11 has all the aspects of the 2, enhanced and charged with charisma, leadership, and inspiration. It is a number with inborn duality, which creates dynamism, inner conflict, and other catalyses with its mere presence.

It is a number that, when not focused on some goal beyond itself, can be turned inward to create fears and phobias. The 11 walks the edge between greatness and self-destruction. Its potential for growth, stability, and personal power lies in its acceptance of intuitive understanding, and of spiritual truths. For the 11, such peace is not found so much in logic, but in faith. It is the psychic's number.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Caron's number : 38
3+8=11, a master number, the most intuitive of all numbers. It represents illumination; a channel to the subconscious; insight without rational thought; and sensitivity, nervous energy, shyness, and impracticality. It is a dreamer.

The 11 has all the aspects of the 2, enhanced and charged with charisma, leadership, and inspiration. It is a number with inborn duality, which creates dynamism, inner conflict, and other catalyses with its mere presence.

It is a number that, when not focused on some goal beyond itself, can be turned inward to create fears and phobias. The 11 walks the edge between greatness and self-destruction. Its potential for growth, stability, and personal power lies in its acceptance of intuitive understanding, and of spiritual truths. For the 11, such peace is not found so much in logic, but in faith. It is the psychic's number.

Or

3-8= -5 his plus/minus after the first week if the season

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Like EVERYONE in that Cup run, he played a big part of the teams success. What I still find shocking is how quickly people forget the endless thread(s) during years 2 and 3, you know, the years where he popped 18 goals in each(pure sniper numbers there:sarcasm:), begging Chia to ship his arse elsewhere, anywhere but Boston as he was a floater, he`d go 15 games without so much as being able to be spotted on the ice etc...

Good lord, the posts blasting Ryder were legion! :laugh:

That's one reason why I laugh over posts crying for Bobby Ryan. I like the guy, but he is streaky in the extreme, and he'd prompt the exact same reaction here.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good lord, the posts blasting Ryder were legion! :laugh:

That's one reason why I laugh over posts crying for Bobby Ryan. I like the guy, but he is streaky in the extreme, and he'd prompt the exact same reaction here.

Love to disagree with ya....I just can`t;)

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
All off season Chiarelli has been saying they need to get faster and more skilled and move away from fighting/enforcers.

All this deal does is move away from an enforcer because Caron has very limited skill and is very slow. Deal makes no sense unless it is to move him.

It does go along with making the bottom six as soft as possible however.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
All off season Chiarelli has been saying they need to get faster and more skilled and move away from fighting/enforcers.

All this deal does is move away from an enforcer because Caron has very limited skill and is very slow. Deal makes no sense unless it is to move him.

It does go along with making the bottom six as soft as possible however.

He's more fuel for the fire for you:

They just extended Tommy Cross :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad