LeBrun: Carolina willing to move TVR or Fleury for a top 9 forward

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
What would Caniac's say about Fluery for Conner Brown. Both will be RFA's next yer, and you can fit Brown under our cap. space.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I haven't cross-referenced with capfriendly to make sure it's kosher for the Leafs, but I would probably do Johnsson/Kapanen + Marincin for TVR + Fleury.
If Johnsson or Kap are in/obv part of the deal we are going after Pesce.

Fleury or TVR for Kapanen out of Toronto makes sense to me.
what about Mikheyev/Kap/Johnsson+Ceci+Sandin for Pesce
If Mikheyev is picked then Ceci HAS to be in the deal.
its Kap+Sandin+2nd??? maybe?? that seems like a solid haul. top 6 forward, soon to be top 4 D and a 2nd

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
If Johnsson or Kap are in/obv part of the deal we are going after Pesce.

its Kap+Sandin+2nd??? maybe?? that seems like a solid haul. top 6 forward, soon to be top 4 D and a 2nd

Dubas had his shot at Pesce last season, prior to signing Nylander. That chance has now passed.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Pesce has no place in this discussion. Carolina, now sans Faulk and Fox, no longer has the depth to make him available for anything realistic.
And we can't realistically go after TVR, can't make the $$ out and in work with the assets we would be willing to send over.
unless you guys retain 50% and we can do Moore+Marincin. Or Petan+

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
And we can't realistically go after TVR, can't make the $$ out and in work with the assets we would be willing to send over.

No interest.

People keep bringing up Toronto, but the Leafs really aren’t a fit with what Carolina is trying to do here. This is about swapping a 3rd pairing-type defenseman for a 3rd line-type forward or better (with an add up to being more valuable than the defenseman from Carolina’s side). It’s not going to be a 40-page thread type of deal.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
No interest.

People keep bringing up Toronto, but the Leafs really aren’t a fit with what Carolina is trying to do here. This is about swapping a 3rd pairing-type defenseman for a 3rd line-type forward or better (with an add up to being more valuable than the defenseman from Carolina’s side). It’s not going to be a 40-page thread type of deal.

I would have to agree with you here. Toronto needs a top pairing type guy, a defensive RHD. Pesce fits that bill pretty good. But, there isn't a chance that he'd be moved now. Manson fits that bill with the Ducks, but I can't see why they would move him either.

So, I apologize in advance if Leafs fans clutter this thread up, as I can't see this making sense either.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
30 goals on a very weak team , with no center or dman to feed him last year . getting late start after pre season injury . maybe fastest man in hockey , on a unit with good passers hes poison . hes worth a late first that leafs pick shall be
He was worth it last year. Sure isn't worth it right now. His value is way too depressed from his bad season so far.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Those are seriously bad offers. If you don't want the player then don't make an offer. But if TOR is adding a D it's going to have to give something of quality back. Nobody wants an 8th dman or 13th F.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Dubas will Probably ride his boy Holl instead of trading for TVR. Idk if you can play him any higher up over Barrie or Ceci.

Fleury, I'm not sure where he would fit on our left side. He'd still be a great pick up depending on cost.

Peasce or Hamilton will always be who would fit best and I figure the likelyhood of landing either is close to Zero. You guys know who we are willing to offer :laugh:

I could see Tampa being interested in TVR more.

Why would the TML trade for another 3rd pairing RHD, especially when Holl has been perfectly fine and in fact playing very well. Small sample size but what we need is a 1st pairing RHD because Ceci is not anything but a 4/5.

Just saying it makes zero sense to trade for a lateral move at best.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Value doesn't go down that much based on 14 games.
It does when it's a separate season and you suck as much as he has. And I'm not saying he can't bounce back. But GMs are going to want to see that he can be that guy this season.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Why would the TML trade for another 3rd pairing RHD, especially when Holl has been perfectly fine and in fact playing very well. Small sample size but what we need is a 1st pairing RHD because Ceci is not anything but a 4/5.

Just saying it makes zero sense to trade for a lateral move at best.

I agree, since thats literally what I said in my post :laugh:. I said I couldnt see the Leafs wanting TVR cause Dubas loves Holl and that we'd covet Peasce or Hamilton, but probably cannot acquire them currently.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Title: "Carolina willing to move TVR or Fleury"

JohnnyT91 uses this as an opportunity to add to the hundreds of "Pesce to Toronto" proposals.

Long answer: The only way I see Pesce being moved is with a massive overpayment. Canes already have a bunch of LHD so while I think Sandin is an excellent prospect, he doesn't do much this year, or even in the future TBH with Slavin and Gardiner signed long term and more in the system. Canes already have 2 firsts (Carolina and TOR), two 2nds (Carolina and NYR), and two 3rds (CAR and BUFF) and had 12 picks last year. Another 2nd round pick really isn't very enticing. Also, Canes are looking to compete now, not down the road and losing Pesce would hurt a lot more than gaining a forward.

Short answer: No.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad