LeBrun: Carolina willing to move TVR or Fleury for a top 9 forward

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
If Baertschi had positive value at his cap hit, he wouldn't have passed through waivers.

Carolina doesn't have the cap space to make that trade anyway.

I wish Baertschi would do it, but obviously it wouldn't get the job done. There's gotta be something the Canucks could work out though.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Dont take any of Mathews, Marner, Nylander, or Tavares. Let Dubas wallow on his bad negotiating for 3 more years.
4 core players locked up for years and its bad negotiating. bad negotiating is paying guys like lucic and ericksson those rediculous contracts.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
4 core players locked up for years and its bad negotiating. bad negotiating is paying guys like lucic and ericksson those rediculous contracts.

Yeah for sure Dubas did such a good job with his core guys :sarcasm:

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Toffoli is the guy who makes the most sense, i’ve been saying it all summer and will continue to try and speak it into existence. Kapanen would be the first guy i’d ask about, but I have a harder time picturing a deal that might work.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Wing. Center is not a strength, but none of Aho, Staal, Haula and Wallmark are out of place in their slot in the lineup.

There's evidently internal dissatisfaction with Necas defensively or more likely, Foegele (formerly McGinn) in general.

But Necas looks good in the offensive part, atleast what I have seen. Seems he can be an excellent forechecker when gets a bit stronger.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Anaheim would like TVR, do the Canes have any interest in a deal around Devin Shore or Nick Ritchie?

On what planet is Nick Ritchie - a 23 year old middle 6 forward (and our 2nd best LW) who is on pace for over 40 points on a very good contract worth a third pairing 28 year old Dman who is an upcoming UFA?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
On what planet is Nick Ritchie - a 23 year old middle 6 forward (and our 2nd best LW) who is on pace for over 40 points on a very good contract worth a third pairing 28 year old Dman who is an upcoming UFA?
I would want to sign TVR, but I've always been high on him. I also mentioned the Canes adding a pick.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I would want to sign TVR, but I've always been high on him. I also mentioned the Canes adding a pick.

Bet the Canes would want to re-visit Kase, but that ship has sailed I’d say as CAR probably wouldn’t add the necessary “+” to TVR (the TOR 1st or equivalent prospect-thinking Bokk) to even out value. It would be pretty funny if the ended up with Kase by trading they Ducks TVR + Bokk (the main piece of the Faulk trade).

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Of the players mentioned, Roslovic has the most appeal.

100% agree. RS winger/C, still RFA, still young and hasn’t yet broken out so his next deal should be a pretty affordable bridge. He fits in very nicely with CAR’s group and could be the Haula replacement next year if Haula’s ask for an extension doesn’t fit in the braintrust’s long term plans.

Would think WPG would be interested in either TVR or Fleury with their current D situation. What is the “+” though? I’m warming up to the idea of adding Bokk to one of Fleury/TVR to bring in the additional F.

Reactions: emptyNedder

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
100% agree. RS winger/C, still RFA, still young and hasn’t yet broken out so his next deal should be a pretty affordable bridge. He fits in very nicely with CAR’s group and could be the Haula replacement next year if Haula’s ask for an extension doesn’t fit in the braintrust’s long term plans.

Would think WPG would be interested in either TVR or Fleury with their current D situation. What is the “+” though? I’m warming up to the idea of adding Bokk to one of Fleury/TVR to bring in the additional F.
Looking at the Jets depth chart, they can use wingers in the pipeline. So Bokk or Kuokkanen might be enough of an add.
I am higher on Kuok than most, but realize by adding another 22-yr-old winger like Roslovic his path in the Canes organization is narrow.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
They're on a similar tier. Fleury has another 3 years of theoretical control and should be cheap to re-sign. I like his tools enough to see him as a potential long-term Top 4 guy. While a soon-to-be UFA, van Riemsdyk is a proven and reliable 3rd pair anchor and has that premium RHS.

I feel like there's no chance Dubas makes Johnsson available for a Fleury centerpiece. When Carolina called about a comparable Kapanen in the Summer, the reply was Brett Pesce LMAO.

Your right if AJ or kap were to be traded we would be looking at a good youngish top 4 rhd with term. Pesce is the obvious guy we would want from the canes but they dont have interest in dealing them. This year though the aue of these two should be higher than last season. They have more cap certainty with multiyear deals at under 3.5 both. And both are having strong starts to the year pacing for above 50 points while playing different roles on the team.

Nylander may be a guy who the canes would want for pesce but willy has been odd this year in that some games he looks like a top 3 forward on either team on the ice and others he looks disengaged and lazy. Overall his play has been that of a high end 2nd liner and he can continue to grow and hopefully pur 65+ points this year. I don't think dubas would trade nylander for pesce barring a huge failure in the playoffs at which point he may see if the canes would entertain such a deal

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
I haven't cross-referenced with capfriendly to make sure it's kosher for the Leafs, but I would probably do Johnsson/Kapanen + Marincin for TVR + Fleury.

$$ doesnt matter, TVR is not even an upgrade on Holl, who has been playing quite decently as a bottom pairing RHD, and Fleury would be our 4th option on the Left side, so, whats the point, unless you move Muzzin first, its not a fit.

Reactions: biotk

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Of course the Canes are willing to move TVR or Fleury for a top 9 forward but they are not worth that.

It's too bad that the NHL created that rule that trades absolutely have to be 1 for 1, eliminating the option for the Canes to add to the deal from their top-10 prospect pool and multiple 1st and 2nd round picks next year. Really a shame.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's too bad that the NHL created that rule that trades absolutely have to be 1 for 1, eliminating the option for the Canes to add to the deal from their top-10 prospect pool and multiple 1st and 2nd round picks next year. Really a shame.

It's not what the thread title says though.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
It's not what the thread title says though.

Can't tell if trolling or really that dense? Nowhere in the thread title does it say that Carolina requires a direct trade of TVR/Fleury for a top-9 forward either. The Canes 1) would like to add a top-9 forward and 2) have an extra top-6 NHL D available for trade. Those are separate sentiments connected only by a potential synergy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad