LeBrun: Carolina willing to move TVR or Fleury for a top 9 forward

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
30 goals on a very weak team , with no center or dman to feed him last year . getting late start after pre season injury . maybe fastest man in hockey , on a unit with good passers hes poison . hes worth a late first that leafs pick shall be

nope

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Preds - Haydn Fleury
Canes - Rocco Grimaldi

Who adds?

Nashville and I don't think Fleury has much trade value.

A Grimaldi-type isn't what Carolina's FO is after here. They're looking to bump McGinn/Foegele down the lineup. It's not unfair to think that they're not offering the type of piece to bring in that upgrade, mind you.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I hope it's TVR because I don't really think TVR is that good anymore and to me Fleury has shown he can play a bit whenever he gets a shot but it seems Brindy likes TVR more. I don't really think either will fetch a top 9 guy who is any good though, maybe a castoff from a tanking team or reclamation type.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
CAR would have great interest in both of those guys I’d bet, but TVR or Fleury ain’t getting it done for either of them. Not sure what the + would need to be from the CAR side.

I haven't cross-referenced with capfriendly to make sure it's kosher for the Leafs, but I would probably do Johnsson/Kapanen + Marincin for TVR + Fleury.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I’d take either in nashville. Willing to give up one of smith or granlund. Preferably fleury or both and can send Irwin back the other way

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Dubas will Probably ride his boy Holl instead of trading for TVR. Idk if you can play him any higher up over Barrie or Ceci.

Fleury, I'm not sure where he would fit on our left side. He'd still be a great pick up depending on cost.

Peasce or Hamilton will always be who would fit best and I figure the likelyhood of landing either is close to Zero. You guys know who we are willing to offer :laugh:

I could see Tampa being interested in TVR more.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Dont take any of Mathews, Marner, Nylander, or Tavares. Let Dubas wallow on his bad negotiating for 3 more years.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
umm, Mrazek is 7-1-1, .915 sv % and 2.33 GAA...:huh:

not world beating but quite far from “stinking”.

Reimer on the other hand has stunk to high heaven in his past few starts.

I would ignore him. He trashed Oilers goaltending (which has been excellent this season) on a different thread trying to push Rangers G prospects onto us. Doesn’t seem to bother watching games or looking up stats. Strangely, Rangers have pathetic goaltending this season...

Last edited:
Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Are they of equal value?

what about Johnsson for Fleury???

They're on a similar tier. Fleury has another 3 years of theoretical control and should be cheap to re-sign. I like his tools enough to see him as a potential long-term Top 4 guy. While a soon-to-be UFA, van Riemsdyk is a proven and reliable 3rd pair anchor and has that premium RHS.

I feel like there's no chance Dubas makes Johnsson available for a Fleury centerpiece. When Carolina called about a comparable Kapanen in the Summer, the reply was Brett Pesce LMAO.

Last edited:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I’d take either in nashville. Willing to give up one of smith or granlund. Preferably fleury or both and can send Irwin back the other way

Granlund would probably be a great fit on Canes. Sadly, the Canes have only <2M in cap

TrapGod Jr

Apr 22, 2017
Id like the habs to trade for him but I doubt the canes would be willing to make any kind of deal.... if not lehkonen or byron for Fleury! bro time :cool:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad