Carlyle fired, Murray to assume HC position

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I can't believe what I'm seeing, but I'm going to Costco for all the popcorn I can get.

Idk why, but I get this feeling that Randy was the one that asked to be removed. That "no one expects to have to live through this..." comment from him, and the fact that Murray has had ample time, opportunity, and justification for letting Randy go in a more sensible manner long before now is suspicious to me. I mean, Murray picking this road trip as the tipping point seems disingenuous given how the team has clearly quit caring long ago. I agree with others that trading Cogs was proof that he didn't believe they were a playoff team, motivation wasn't going to be high after that regardless of the situation. And to rush back from Europe to put himself behind the bench rather than stick some interim guy in there seems like this was unplanned.

In any case, **** him and everyone else for letting this drag out like this. That said, I'm glad Randy and the team get to move on, and I love that Murray is taking matters into his own hands behind the bench, as weird as it may be, and all of his comments were well said. I especially like the line about being worried about the players/leadership but not giving up on them.

Reactions: Beretta 390

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I agree. It also is something that probably makes Fowler very nervous.

I kinda feel like Fowler is probably the most protected player behind Gibson. Management has referred to him as future captain material and Bob just gave him quite a healthy contract. I think Bob would have to eat too much crow on that one if he moved Cam for anything short of a massive (which won't happen) over payment.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think it would mean everyone not named Gibson nervous. Lindholm hasn’t ever taken the next step. If you can bundle him for the right better player, ship him out too. Granted, I’m talking like a Subban or Johansen type situation, and I don’t think there’s anything out there like that right now, but he’s hardly been a standout from the playoffs forward either.
I cant see it.... not like we have a lot of young dmen ready to come up. Not that its saying much but Lindholm has been our best dmen… and should be a corner stone going forward.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hopefully we can hire Rickard Grönberg. That’s a name I would love.
People around the online fanbase keep saying Eakins but I really want Gronberg. Dude is coming in with a fresh perspective, a ton of success, and will be driven to prove himself as a type of coach that you don't really see in the NHL (European).

Eakins is doing good work in the AHL. I don't see why we should mess with that.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I kinda feel like Fowler is probably the most protected player behind Gibson. Management has referred to him as future captain material and Bob just gave him quite a healthy contract. I think Bob would have to eat too much crow on that one if he moved Cam for anything short of a massive (which won't happen) over payment.
Well he'll get to see first hand how much of a leader he really is. The way he avoids physical contact in his game after coming back from an injury doesn't inspire much confidence or set a great example for his teammates. His personality seems too much of the nice guy/too polite, hardly any swagger in him.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Well he'll get to see first hand how much of a leader he really is. The way he avoids physical contact in his game after coming back from an injury doesn't inspire much confidence or set a great example for his teammates. His personality seems too much of the nice guy/too polite, hardly any swagger in him.

I agree with your evaluation. Cam has always seemed, to me, like a really nice guy but not a leader. But everything you say is visible to all of us including Bob and yet Bob has, to this point, seen Cam differently. I'd be surprised if Bob changed his mind on Cam.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
People around the online fanbase keep saying Eakins but I really want Gronberg. Dude is coming in with a fresh perspective, a ton of success, and will be driven to prove himself as a type of coach that you don't really see in the NHL (European).

Eakins is doing good work in the AHL. I don't see why we should mess with that.
Id love for us to go with someone less expierenced/more new to the NHL.... Gronberg would be great... new coach/new style and hed be surrounded with a lot of young/talent would be an ideal situation for him imo.

Eakins has done well with SD, and might be a good candidate to get another crack at the nhl level... but personally id go with gronberg also.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I cant see it.... not like we have a lot of young dmen ready to come up. Not that its saying much but Lindholm has been our best dmen… and should be a corner stone going forward.
Agreed, but I’d trade him for a legit 1D in a heartbeat. Or a legit 1C. Like I said, I don’t think any are or will be available, but I think if we could have sent him for Subban it would have been a good idea (even with the required add).

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Id love for us to go with someone less expierenced/more new to the NHL.... Gronberg would be great... new coach/new style and hed be surrounded with a lot of young/talent would be an ideal situation for him imo.

Eakins has done well with SD, and might be a good candidate to get another crack at the nhl level... but personally id go with gronberg also.
I mean I wouldn't hate it if it were Eakins. At least not before I've seen what Ducks hockey looks like under him. We've gotten to the point where even TSN guys are saying Eakins is a likely candidate so I'm used to the idea. But I really love the idea of Gronberg.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Agreed, but I’d trade him for a legit 1D in a heartbeat. Or a legit 1C. Like I said, I don’t think any are or will be available, but I think if we could have sent him for Subban it would have been a good idea (even with the required add).

I feel like realistically the pieces we could get back in a Lindholm trade will be 26-30 age range... which kinda turns me off. I get what your saying... but I cant realistically imagine a center/dmen that we could get for Lindholm that I would feel good about

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I mean I wouldn't hate it if it were Eakins. At least not before I've seen what Ducks hockey looks like under him. We've gotten to the point where even TSN guys are saying Eakins is a likely candidate so I'm used to the idea. But I really love the idea of Gronberg.
I don't mind eakins really, isn't his bad rep based off his time in Edmonton? Who hasn't looked terrible coaching that franchise.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I thought they canceled the circus.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I agree with your evaluation. Cam has always seemed, to me, like a really nice guy but not a leader. But everything you say is visible to all of us including Bob and yet Bob has, to this point, seen Cam differently. I'd be surprised if Bob changed his mind on Cam.
Bob does seem to be quite loyal to him. I remember when the Angels went the route of 'nice guys' after both Lackey & Napoli left the team. Lackey & Napoli some of the most liked/respected clubhouse guys to play for the Angels, sure they had attitudes but they fired up their teams & were fearless out there & just confidence all around them that spread to other players.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
200.gif

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
When you have your GM coaching the team wouldn’t you play better? I certainly would. The GM is gonna be in your grill the entire game. And he makes the decisions whether you’re gone or not.

The deadline isn’t even over yet. So no one is safe on this team.

not sure because they haven't played a game under BM yet

i doubt it'll change much but can't answer anything definitively until they actually play

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Ok so hear me out.

We gotta strip the captaincy from Getzlaf. And give it to Murray who comes out of retirement. Murray then becomes our Jackie Moon, fro. Semi Pro. We then sign Andre 3000 at the TDL.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
I think its good that BM is coaching... that means there is literally no chance we turn this season around.... Jack hughes make your way down bud!

No point bringing a new coach into this mess, and san diego has a chance to do damage in AHL let eakins have his run.

My only fear is the players do respond now that RC is gone. The team has talent that was being stifled by the coach. Hopefully BM will just continued the team playing RC's archaic system meaning they will continue losing.

I fear the team will actually show some pride and play better causing the team to pick 12th. Just throw this season already.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
My only fear is the players do respond now that RC is gone. The team has talent that was being stifled by the coach. Hopefully BM will just continued the team playing RC's archaic system meaning they will continue losing.

I fear the team will actually show some pride and play better causing the team to pick 12th. Just throw this season already.

yeah that remains to be seen but i just don't see murray lighting a fire under the players' butts and getting them to start winning

and i hope he doesn't because this team needs a high pick very badly. a lot more than getting swept in round 1 of the playoffs

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Up to this point Bob's moves could almost be viewed as supporting the tank. It will be interesting to see how much he tries to win vs just using the rest of the season like training camp and try different things in order to evaluate people. I wouldn't mind if he rested Gibby more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad