Carlyle fired, Murray to assume HC position

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Man some of those interviews were subtly brutal towards RC. Getz talking about how RC helped them when they were young and then simply saying this time around they were at different points in their careers and it "just didn't work out" is pretty damning. Even Cam talking about how they were stuck and had no energy and now getting a fresh start pretty much confirms the team stopped playing for RC. Cam talking about the team needed to evolve and that it has the capabilities is a shot at RC I think.

I less and less believe BM now about how the players were in favor of RC's hiring.

Last edited:

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Have a feeling this is ownership's way of making Murray accountable (paying the price) for bringing RC back. They weren't going to let the clown show continue and weren't going to pay another coach for the rest of the season. So Bob has to bite the bullet and clean up his own mess.

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
They played physical, big, and aggressive are you telling me this current roster plays this same style or has the same personnel who do?
Can they play physical? Yea, of course they still have a bunch of physical players. Are they the big bad ducks of 10 years ago? No, and they shouldn’t be because that’s not where the NHL is or where it’s going, but I guess that’s where we disagree

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Murray is going the Pat Quinn route at least temporarily. I am curious more than anything, I’ve no idea if he’s ever coached.

Guessing he wants to get a better sense of what’s going on in the room and who he wants to keep. Oh and guessing the Samuelis wanted to save money here too haha.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Cam's comments about RC "gave me all the freedom in the world to play my game" doesn't really speak well to the way he has played. For the longest time, many people including myself wanted to belive that much of his disappointing play was due to how he was being used by the coach. Cam just seemed to throw cold water on that notion.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lols yeah its pretty damn obvious the players weren't on board with bringing RC back. at least the ones who had played for him befor. the game passed randy by years ago

murray just wanted to do his old friend a solid

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Are people actually acting like BM being coach might get us out of a top 10 pick :laugh:. Good lord.

Not because he is the coach no. The players are prideful though. And they have talent that was being held back. I am slightly concerned about a little bounce back though. This team needs a top 3 pick and it only takes a little bit of a rebound to suddenly be picking 10th or 11th.

Hopefully BM just continues following RC's "system" and "gameplan" which continues holding the team back.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Have a feeling this is ownership's way of making Murray accountable (paying the price) for bringing RC back. They weren't going to let the clown show continue and weren't going to pay another coach for the rest of the season. So Bob has to bite the bullet and clean up his own mess.

About time Samuelis needed to show there hand. That family saved this franchise. It was gonna relocate at one point once Disney didn’t want it anymore. Starting to think Samuelis don’t want it anymore either.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Not because he is the coach no. The players are prideful though. And they have talent that was being held back. I am slightly concerned about a little bounce back though. This team needs a top 3 pick and it only takes a little bit of a rebound to suddenly be picking 10th or 11th.

Hopefully BM just continues following RC's "system" and "gameplan" which continues holding the team back.

You’re playing for the General Manager now. Not Carlyle anymore. This teams gonna go on a tear and we draft at 16.

Kings suck the entire year and wins lottery. They get Hughes. They also draft 28th with Toronto pick.

Rebuild complete in 2020 for Kings and we’re screwed with Damn Suzuki.

That’s how it’s gonna pan out. I can feel it.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Are people actually acting like BM being coach might get us out of a top 10 pick :laugh:. Good lord.
Are you actually acting like we are a lock for a top pick? A 3 game win streak puts us right back in the playoff hunt. Players have pride and it isn’t at all unlikely for a team to have a positive response to a coaching change. There’s only 26 games left. Things could go either way. We could pick top 5 or we could pick 10-12.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Are you actually acting like we are a lock for a top pick? A 3 game win streak puts us right back in the playoff hunt. Players have pride and it isn’t at all unlikely for a team to have a positive response to a coaching change. There’s only 26 games left. Things could go either way. We could pick top 5 or we could pick 10-12.
Where did I say that? I merely said that the notion that difference between us drafting top 10 or not being Bob Murray being our HC is laughable.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Didn’t read all the posts, but I like this. Can’t get any worse. Season’s gone anyway. Murray will probably be negotiating contracts from behind the bench... lol. Maybe spending intermission in the other team’s locker room. It will be fun to see how the players react. Kinda like Shaq and Jerry Buss... Silf scores and tells Murray to pay him. And Murray seeing Kesler up close and personal.

It just can’t be any more fun than this.

John

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
watch them miss the playoffs by a point or two and then end up picking outside the top 10

wouldn't shock me at all

Need to add more clarification of the end all be all worst case scenarios.

You’re forgetting Kings winning lottery and gets Hughes. They are smart. They already traded Muzzin in preparation of the tank and rebuild.

Ducks? Murray will probably trade for some guys before the deadline and lose 2 pts away from the 8th playoff seed.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Need to add more clarification of the end all be all worst case scenarios.

You’re forgetting Kings winning lottery and gets Hughes. They are smart. They already traded Muzzin in preparation of the tank and rebuild.

Ducks? Murray will probably trade for some guys before the deadline and lose 2 pts away from the 8th playoff seed.

Kings are 3-1-1 since they traded Muzzin.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Kings are 3-1-1 since they traded Muzzin.

And it’s pure luck. You don’t trade muzzin for picks when you aren’t intentionally trying to rebuild.

You’ll see the catastrophe Murray puts us in June. Billboards all over the 405 freeway with the new star of Los Angeles Kings. Jack Hughes.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Cam's comments about RC "gave me all the freedom in the world to play my game" doesn't really speak well to the way he has played. For the longest time, many people including myself wanted to belive that much of his disappointing play was due to how he was being used by the coach. Cam just seemed to throw cold water on that notion.

He did have his two best offensive seasons under Randy. I think Randy was a big fan of Cam and always gave him the green light. More so than Boudreau.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
There is something funny about this board pretty much freaking out every day Carlyle wasn't fired and now that it's happened we've devolved into worrying about whether the old man GM who has barely laced his skates the last 30 years is gonna lead the team back into playoff contention.

well RC sucks the life and soul out of his players

that's what some of you are forgetting. for all we know a rock could be the new coach and the players would get their mojo back

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
well RC sucks the life and soul out of his players

that's what some of you are forgetting. for all we know a rock could be the new coach and the players would get their mojo back

No it's just very funny to me that the consensus prior today was he had to go at all costs and now that it's happened people are seemingly starting to think he should've stayed. The moral of the story is people like to complain.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He did have his two best offensive seasons under Randy. I think Randy was a big fan of Cam and always gave him the green light. More so than Boudreau.

I thought he was pretty good last year too. This year aside, he's had a pretty good run under Carlyle, it's easy to see why he'd say that. It's also worth noting that Carlyle trusted him at 18 during a time when he seemingly never trusted any kind of rookie, including the two potential Hall of Famers currently on the team. There's some kind of connection there.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
No it's just very funny to me that the consensus prior today was he had to go at all costs and now that it's happened people are seemingly starting to think he should've stayed. The moral of the story is people like to complain.

We have every right to complain. We’ve seen this story before. Whether it’s knocked out of first round to barely not making the playoffs over the years. It happens every fricken year.

I’m done dude. At this point in time I just want to see Kings not get Jack Hughes and we win the lottery.

This team isn’t worth watching at the moment, just the standings.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
And it’s pure luck. You don’t trade muzzin for picks when you aren’t intentionally trying to rebuild.

You’ll see the catastrophe Murray puts us in June. Billboards all over the 405 freeway with the new star of Los Angeles Kings. Jack Hughes.

I’m normally against prescription drugs but my god dude, take a Xanax.

Reactions: mymerlincat
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
We have every right to complain. We’ve seen this story before. Whether it’s knocked out of first round to barely not making the playoffs over the years. It happens every fricken year.

I’m done dude. At this point in time I just want to see Kings not get Jack Hughes and we win the lottery.

This team isn’t worth watching at the moment, just the standings.

We've literally never seen this story before lol, well this exact one. There was like one year where the team barely missed in the last 15 years and another where they barely snuck in all for naught.

I actually brought this up some time ago, I just find the shift funny. And you're getting way to worked up over something that's determined by a lottery, they can finish lower than LA and still see the Kings pick Hughes. No sense dwelling on something completely out of anyone's control.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad