Carlyle fired, Murray to assume HC position

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
My reference to him choking is us consistently being up in a series 3-2 and playing piss poor the last 2 games to lose in embarassing fashion on home ice. Or getting blown out in the first period for those games. That is not a coach who's prepped his guys to go.

Whether he coached so well in the regular season and then they didn't have another gear for the POs aside, those consistent failings when going up 3-2 is just clearly unacceptable. Especially when those were our "window" years so to speak.

Not arguing whether he's a good coach or not, just saying BM gave him a decent leash as well.

I don't disagree that he choked. I completely disagree with how most point the finger at Bruce for not getting the teams further. I think Bob should share as much, if not more, blame for each year they didn't, aside from the Chicago WCF loss. As I said, if we lose in 5 or 6 games, people probably point that out the holes on the roster more like I do. But since they were game 7 losses, VERY rarely do we hear about the holes left in those teams.

I wasn't necessarily upset that Bruce was fired. That Chicago loss was an epic choke job on his part. However, I don't like that Murray gave comments that insinuated "very good isn't enough", and no one said jackshit to him about all the holes he left in supposedly "contending" teams. He really only put together one contending roster IMO. That team had Nate Thompson as our 3rd line center too.

I agree that he gave Bruce a decent leash, but I think it pales in comparison to Carlyle's.

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
Didn't GMHCVPBM say he doesn't want to mess with San Diego's strong run this year? That's why he's letting Eakins stay in SD for now?
Then why did he call up Max Jones and now Troy Terry?

Is that mf messing with our tank?

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
I don't disagree that he choked. I completely disagree with how most point the finger at Bruce for not getting the teams further. I think Bob should share as much, if not more, blame for each year they didn't, aside from the Chicago WCF loss. As I said, if we lose in 5 or 6 games, people probably point that out the holes on the roster more like I do. But since they were game 7 losses, VERY rarely do we hear about the holes left in those teams.

I wasn't necessarily upset that Bruce was fired. That Chicago loss was an epic choke job on his part. However, I don't like that Murray gave comments that insinuated "very good isn't enough", and no one said jack**** to him about all the holes he left in supposedly "contending" teams. He really only put together one contending roster IMO. That team had Nate Thompson as our 3rd line center too.

I agree that he gave Bruce a decent leash, but I think it pales in comparison to Carlyle's.

I still have nightmares about that game. One of the worst days of my life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad