Player Discussion Carey Price - You're Richer Than You Think Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
he has stats of a jabroni yet people always sees him like a saviour.. problem is his whole damn career he has been inconsistent very good high very bad lows.. if the plan was to let him save our franchise and save $$$ on elite defenseman contracts well it surely is backfiring. if I was the most payed hockey goalie in the world I would be ashamed to be 40th in save percentage when there is 31 teams, and cut the excuses for him.. with this salary he has to deliver.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Tired of the "it's the defense" excuse. How come Hellebuyck is posting such stellar numbers? Jets lost 3/4 of their entire top 4 in the off season. How about Markstrom? You think the Canucks have a top defense core?

Price has a 0.01 better sv% then Bernier, who basically plays behind an AHL level defense. He needs to be much, much better.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Tired of the "it's the defense" excuse. How come Hellebuyck is posting such stellar numbers? Jets lost 3/4 of their entire top 4 in the off season. How about Markstrom? You think the Canucks have a top defense core?

Price has a 0.01 better sv% then Bernier, who basically plays behind an AHL level defense. He needs to be much, much better.
We're going to need to accept that Price has become an overpaid, average goalie. Possibly the worst contract in the NHL even if he was posting really good numbers

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
When you're paid as much as he is, he deserves all the critics he gets and more. It was a huge mistake to re-sign him, espacially at that idiotic contract. I think it's really the last chance we get to trade him... after that, it will be obvious to everyone one that he's an average goalie with an albatros contract (if it's not already the case).

If a team out West is ready to deal for him, you have to do it without blinking... and yes, at a last resort, give him the Fleury treatment.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
When you're paid as much as he is, he deserves all the critics he gets and more. It was a huge mistake to re-sign him, espacially at that idiotic contract. I think it's really the last chance we get to trade him... after that, it will be obvious to everyone one that he's an average goalie with an albatros contract (if it's not already the case).

If a team out West is ready to deal for him, you have to do it without blinking... and yes, at a last resort, give him the Fleury treatment.

What exactly is the Fleury treatment?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Pay Seattle to take him at the ED. That is during 2021 summer so still two drafts to rebuild and still 1,5 years of letting Primeau developp.

Sign a 1B goalie to a 4M$ contract to split games with Primeau for 2 years and ride him as our starting goalie after that.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
I'm not a Price fan but when will the Habs acknowledge that it's a two goaltender league?

~60 years ago Jacques Plante was trying to convince management of this and for whatever reason, the message is still falling on deaf ears.

I believe the only team to win the Cup in the last 10 years playing one goaltender more then 60 games was LA, Jonathan Quick, and his career has gone downhill pretty much since then.

However they do it, they need to find someone else to play some games besides Price.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I'm not a Price fan but when will the Habs acknowledge that it's a two goaltender league?

~60 years ago Jacques Plante was trying to convince management of this and for whatever reason, the message is still falling on deaf ears.

I believe the only team to win the Cup in the last 10 years playing one goaltender more then 60 games was LA, Jonathan Quick, and his career has gone downhill pretty much since then.

However they do it, they need to find someone else to play some games besides Price.

The problem is that when you pay that much your starter goalie it makes it hard to hire a good serviceable backup. I dont think it would be smart to invest 15 millions on the goaltender position

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Count me as one who has defended Price this whole time. But now I’m growing concerned. Our D sucks but he’s also being beat clean on some. And his contract is just beginning.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
The problem is that when you pay that much your starter goalie it makes it hard to hire a good serviceable backup. I dont think it would be smart to invest 15 millions on the goaltender position
The Habs have cap space. What they don't apparently have is someone they trust beyond Price and that hurts the team in my opinion.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
he has stats of a jabroni yet people always sees him like a saviour.. problem is his whole damn career he has been inconsistent very good high very bad lows.. if the plan was to let him save our franchise and save $$$ on elite defenseman contracts well it surely is backfiring. if I was the most payed hockey goalie in the world I would be ashamed to be 40th in save percentage when there is 31 teams, and cut the excuses for him.. with this salary he has to deliver.
I don't watch all 82 games of all 31 teams but I can't beleive the Habs since 8 last years (or two last years) have been the only team with chaos in their own zone. I guess and I'm sure a lot of goalies have to work in that hostile and fast time reaction environment. That's the dna of the job, a goalie have to face fire in his kitchen, if he choke under pressure, he's not a goalie that can land you to the Cup.
It seems like Price delivers only when he have a packed team in front of him like Team Canada.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The Habs have cap space. What they don't apparently have is someone they trust beyond Price and that hurts the team in my opinion.
Since Huet and Halak have been chased out of town, there hasn't been any good back-up goalie with Price. 10 years without a decend back-up G.
So if ever Habs make the playoffs, Price start playoffs with physical and mental fatigue.

Reactions: Fixxer

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Has anyone else noticed he kind of just gives up if he thinks the other team will score? Most other goalies will try to make a desperation save or whatever and he's just like **** it and lets them score. That really bothers me.
I think if there was a Team Canada 2020, Price wouldn't figure in the top 3.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Since Huet and Halak have been chased out of town, there hasn't been any good back-up goalie with Price. 10 years without a decend back-up G.
So if ever Habs make the playoffs, Price start playoffs with physical and mental fatigue.
I looked it up a couple of weeks ago and the Habs had started their backup goaltender less then any other team in the league.

They are going against the league trend.

Sometimes I think it's all about selling tickets and beer.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
If you place yourself in a position of being a second goalie, the Canadiens is by far the worst place to work. It just can't work having to goal a game, cold, after 3 weeks not playing. Cold is the opposite of warm.
In any sport, a pro have to play.
A back-up goalie have to play minimum one game a week, or 2. Practices and playing a game are two different things.

Reactions: Chili
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad