Player Discussion Carey Price - You're Richer Than You Think Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roots73

TMLTP- ITS IN THE GAME!
May 10, 2004
Just a complete off track sidebar... as much as that thread title slogan irks me... I just can't stand those freakin' penguins! Either on ice or off the ice.

upload_2019-5-6_13-51-37.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-6_13-49-34.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-6_13-49-34.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Just a complete off track sidebar... as much as that thread title slogan irks me... I just can't stand those freakin' penguins! Either on ice or off the ice.

View attachment 224835
But the slogan is very catchy. I immediately considered Price related to this. You're richer than you think... It means an infinite meanings.

Roots73

TMLTP- ITS IN THE GAME!
May 10, 2004
Sorry it's just anything bank related get's my goat. Another side bar but at least it's closer to the thread topic... wonder if we will see any sneak peeks for Carey's new mask for next year? Looks like the guy that worked on his last few masks is starting some already for next season. David Gunnarsson (@daveartofficial) | Twitter

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“Winning obviously is a lot more fun than losing. You know I'm not Ken Dryden, I'm not Patrick Roy... I'm me. So you know the expectations they're too high sometimes... But it's what it's... You just gotta to deal with it...”

“Bowling with my GF (back in the time). I was pretty average at best. I went probably once a week maybe if I was lucky. I usually cracked a hundred. I've twinkle toes.”

“Some of them are there every day (fans on the bell complex) tho. So I gotta make their day every day. It's a lot of love. It's kinda nice to see that. Because as soon as you start sucking no one want to see you anymore...”

“Some country musics kinda reminding me of home.”

“Our relationship with the horses is a little bit different than it'd be say with the dogs or something. Because I think a dog is more a companion. But a horse is more of a working partner I guess... So you treat them both a little bit different.”

“It took a lot of work to do that (Rodeo). Because the guys who where there that's what they're doing for living (Canadian Finals Rodeo). So it's like the NHL, it's pretty tough for a guy just to pick up hockey and starting to play in the NHL.”

“I've done different charity work for a lot of people. I've spoken at conventions. I've gone to different reservations and stuffs to talk to kids. Just telling my story... I'm a normal kid from a reservation... I was able to make it because I tried a lot of try...”

“It's a bit of both. Being a hockey player you're always on a schedule. That's one thing that kinda hurts kids growing up is there's a lot of things you don't learn in life. When you're in junior hockey life is pretty easy because you've people who're taking care of you. When you're in the rink obviously the team is taking care of you. But you moved to pro it's a lot different for a lot of kids. That's for a lot of kids they can't make it because they can't make that transition of playing hockey, having fun and being on their own. Hockey always was pretty fun for me...”

“No like that's the thing. The media you can't get wrapped up in what they're saying and believing what they're writting down. At the end of the day, all you can do is believe in yourself...”

“My dad mostly. He was the one helping me throught out the difficult times. He definitely kept me down on earth in the good times. So having him that's just as far as hockey helped me. My mom definitely helped me too. She's always sending me messages in her native language it's kinda neat. Half the time I didn't know what she's saying.”

“Yes. She (Angela) didn't a whole lot about hockey. She's grown up in a small town, American home. Hockey wasn't exactly one of the big sports. So that's why I liked her so much...”

“That's the goal (Stanley Cup). Every year so I for the most part just want to be consistent throught out the years. Tryna to not have many peaks and valleys.”

Reactions: Redux91

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“At the 2005’s NHL draft, I remember I wore a red shirt... Which is pretty fitting. I remember just hanging out with my parents and sitting in the hotel room. It was a pretty exciting day... And it was obviously a pretty special time to spend with my parents up until the draft. And then it all kind of happened pretty quickly once we got there.”

“I felt like the first three picks were pretty set in stone. As No. 4 came along, that was kind of where my interest started to get piqued... I was projected to go sixth or seventh... So I had a feeling I was going to go in around there... I had a suspicion that I might go to Minnesota tho...”

“It seemed to me, after going through the interviews, that Minnesota and Atlanta were two teams that were really interested. I didn’t really have an idea that Montreal was a possibility... They were pretty tough at the combine... I remember that. It was definitely the toughest interview that I had... They just gave me the poker face the whole time. I think what they were trying to do was just get a judgment... On how I would handle criticism... Apparently, I handled it fairly decently...”

“I guess, at that point, I was pretty green... In interviews, too... I hadn’t had any job interviews... I had only worked at the golf course near home. I was just trying to give an honest opinion of what they were asking...”

“I kind of had a bit of a tough tournament at the 2005’s IIHF U18 World Championship. I just remember having a tough gold medal game against the USA. Phil Kessel was pretty good. I think he scored a hat trick on me. I had a great semi against the Czech Republic. Got to play with some guys who I still keep in contact with today. It’s always great to wear the Maple Leaf... And it was cool to go see a different part of the world. I wasn’t worried about my draft position... I was just taking it easy come, easy go... Whatever organization I wound up in, I was just going to work my way up from the bottom...”

“Pierre McGuire called me the next day (31/07/2005) and apologized. I knew he meant nothing by it. All good...”

Reactions: Redux91

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Can we stop talking about the contract and appreciate the special player we have ? We won’t probably see that kind of goalie in a long time

Reactions: Gravity

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
BUILD AROUND HIM FFS CALISS AIDER LE !!!! Just hope he can stay in his prime long enough to have an actually good roster in front of him

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Can we stop talking about the contract and appreciate the special player we have ? We won’t probably see that kind of goalie in a long time
Like when he’ll retire... Like during this future period of time. The anti-CP’s gonna wake up. From their false eye test sleeping/coma. Or not. But it’ll be too late unfortunately...
BUILD AROUND HIM FFS CALISS AIDER LE !!!! Just hope he can stay in his prime long enough to have an actually good roster in front of him
If Price could be a player (on-ice) & type of GM (off-ice in the summers). At the same period of time. His image. His class. His leadership. His others positive qualities. Would be a huge plus. In terms of negotiations. To convince the all-stars’ish players. To be a Montreal Canadien. To be a Hab. His declaration on the 2019’s exit interview made me optimistic.

Reactions: Gravity and Redux91

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Loool that Price is talking like he’s heading into retirement at 32. He’s clearly given up hope of Bergevin building a contender so he’ll just enjoy his fat contract and keep playing as well as he can on a personal level.
“At the 2005’s NHL draft, I remember I wore a red shirt... Which is pretty fitting. I remember just hanging out with my parents and sitting in the hotel room. It was a pretty exciting day... And it was obviously a pretty special time to spend with my parents up until the draft. And then it all kind of happened pretty quickly once we got there.”

“I felt like the first three picks were pretty set in stone. As No. 4 came along, that was kind of where my interest started to get piqued... I was projected to go sixth or seventh... So I had a feeling I was going to go in around there... I had a suspicion that I might go to Minnesota tho...”

“It seemed to me, after going through the interviews, that Minnesota and Atlanta were two teams that were really interested. I didn’t really have an idea that Montreal was a possibility... They were pretty tough at the combine... I remember that. It was definitely the toughest interview that I had... They just gave me the poker face the whole time. I think what they were trying to do was just get a judgment... On how I would handle criticism... Apparently, I handled it fairly decently...”

“I guess, at that point, I was pretty green... In interviews, too... I hadn’t had any job interviews... I had only worked at the golf course near home. I was just trying to give an honest opinion of what they were asking...”

“I kind of had a bit of a tough tournament at the 2005’s IIHF U18 World Championship. I just remember having a tough gold medal game against the USA. Phil Kessel was pretty good. I think he scored a hat trick on me. I had a great semi against the Czech Republic. Got to play with some guys who I still keep in contact with today. It’s always great to wear the Maple Leaf... And it was cool to go see a different part of the world. I wasn’t worried about my draft position... I was just taking it easy come, easy go... Whatever organization I wound up in, I was just going to work my way up from the bottom...”

“Pierre McGuire called me the next day (31/07/2005) and apologized. I knew he meant nothing by it. All good...”

Reactions: Bleed4RTeam

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If you could make one of Price or Weber 23 years old again, who would you choose?

Assuming we keep the other at current age?

Weber hands down. He's already reduced from his mid-20's prime, and likely to continue declining, possibly rapidly.

Price, on the other hand, should still be good for 3-5 years of being among the league's best.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

View attachment 224835
I have hated that ad campaign from CIBC ever since they started airing it. I have been a customer of that abomination of a business for 25 years and I can attest to the fact that corporate does indeed see their customers as penguins. It is as condescending as it gets when it comes to advertising, I do own a nice chunk of CIBC stock though and their business is definitely run better than their marketing campaigns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guns n Roses

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Loool that Price is talking like he’s heading into retirement at 32. He’s clearly given up hope of Bergevin building a contender so he’ll just enjoy his fat contract and keep playing as well as he can on a personal level.
It's logical... He wants to end up his career in the best way possible. Be remembered as a winner. Being a champion. Playing these years of his contract with a powerhouse team is his goal. Playing these years of his contract with a mediocre team isn't his goal.

If you could make one of Price or Weber 23 years old again, who would you choose?
It changes what if Price is young... It changes what if Price is old... Training himself well during each summer is the key. He's on his prime years.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Strange how my allergies started kicking in when Price came in tonight....insane coincidence....lol

Reactions: Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad