Player Discussion Carey Price - Who's Your Daddy? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
But you said Lunquist sucked in the series.

Oh so now you're questioning the journalists. You know better.
You say Henrik was "shaky".
.947 save percentage.
Hate to see your interpretation of stellar.
He outplayed Price .
Lol, Lundqvist faced a barrage of shots that all ended up in his chest. It was one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever seen and stats watchers called Lundqvist a kind and BS like that.

Reactions: peate

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The king did not came up big. He was very shaky that playoffs series. I question whatever some people actually watched that series when they say he played well. He was shaky as hell but our offense leaded by Danault would not have scored against a beer league goalie. Only Radulov looked like a real NHL player that series. All the others looked overwhelmed by the level of play.

The king in the 2nd round gave 4+ goals 3 times in 6 games against Ottawa and it was a big reason why Ottawa won the series. Price that year gave 2 and less regulation time goals 4 times in 6 games against NYR. That was more than enough to win the series. We lost because we scored 11 goals in 6 games (+ two OT).

They are stats watching. Obviously King Henrik had better stats than Price so he is so much better and clutch. He's won so much more than Price ever has

Honestly I should not open this thread after a loss, it's always full of crap

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Depends on what you mean by "proven" I guess. He's proven that can play well. Problem is that we haven't had a team good enough to win anything.

It's the same with all players though. Until you win a cup it will be held against you, fair or not.

No need for a Cup. But 60 games at .914 in 14 years is not a sign that you are proven.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
They are stats watching. Obviously King Henrik had better stats than Price so he is so much better and clutch. He's won so much more than Price ever has

Trophies are stats watching. People keep bringing the 4 trophies Price won.....but don't want to use stats when it goes the other way? Yep, everything is stats. Like I said though, not eveyrything is his fault. He has had stupid GM's to work for that couldn't build a team.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No need for a Cup. But 60 games at .914 in 14 years is not a sign that you are proven.
Ignore pre-2011. He's .920 and he's played very well for the most part.

Trophies are stats watching. People keep bringing the 4 trophies Price won.....but don't want to use stats when it goes the other way? Yep, everything is stats. Like I said though, not eveyrything is his fault. He has had stupid GM's to work for that couldn't build a team.
He also suffered an injury in 2014. That one sucked big time.

Reactions: Vachon23

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I Like Price this year. A lot. But nobody in their right mind can say that Price is a playoff proven goalie. Whether it's his fault or not. This STILL needs to be determined. 14 freakin years after being drafted. How bad is that. And it's either one thing, another or a combination of both. Price's fault and/or GM's fault for not surrounding better. But that stat alone is just disgraceful. Wasting such a talent is mad.

Nobody is saying it. But saying we lost because of him in a series where our offence scored 11 goals in 6 games is ludicrous at the very best. I mean we scored 0, 4 (OT), 3, 1, 2 (OT) and 1 goals in the 6 games of this series. Price won both the games where we scored 4 and 3 goals as it should be.

He obviously lost the game we scored 0 goals. He lost both games where we scored 1 goals. Yes he could have pushed one of those games in OT but still anyone who watched those games know we were not scoring a 2nd goals unless it was a double or triple OT goal. He basically had to SO NYR to win any of those two games imo.

He pushed the game we scored 2 goals in OT and gave a goal after 14 minutes of OT. He could have made a difference in that game by pushing the game in double OT. But imo that's the only game he could have made a difference. All the other losses are on the offence.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az

I was merely pointing out that Henrik was not 'shaky". he had a 947 save percentage , pretty good by any account. And he has won multiple playoff series and took the Rangers to the Cup final on his back. So yea he is more accomplished overall then Carey.
Lol, Lundqvist faced a barrage of shots that all ended up in his chest. It was one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever seen and stats watchers called Lundqvist a kind and BS like that.

Henrik is the King for a reason. The guy was unreal for a long time on some weak Ranger teams. somehow a goalie who plays deep in his crease gets shots to "end up in his chest". Your laughable.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I was merely pointing out that Henrik was not 'shaky". he had a 947 save percentage , pretty good by any account. And he has won multiple playoff series and took the Rangers to the Cup final on his back. So yea he is more accomplished overall then Carey.
He actually had some brutal moments that we didn't capitalize on. He wasn't as good as I've seen him be. But our club sucked at scoring.

He did show up in the last two games though. He's a great goalie but it wasn't his best series. And he still put up good numbers because we were pretty brutal ourselves.
Henrik is the King for a reason. The guy was unreal for a long time on some weak Ranger teams. somehow a goalie who plays deep in his crease gets shots to "end up in his chest". Your laughable.
Lundqvist is a first ballot HOF stud. If he'd had better teams he'd have multiple cups.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

A 39 years old goalie is more accomplished than a 30 years old one, who wouldve thought.

If you watched that series you'd know what I mean.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Nobody is saying it. But saying we lost because of him in a series where our offence scored 11 goals in 6 games is ludicrous at the very best. I mean we scored 0, 4 (OT), 3, 1, 2 (OT) and 1 goals in the 6 games of this series. Price won both the games where we scored 4 and 3 goals as it should be. He obviously lost the game we scored 0 goals. He lost both games where we scored 1 goals. Yes he could have pushed one of those games in OT but still anyone who watched those games know we were not scoring a 2nd goals unless it was a double or triple OT goal. He basically had to SO NYR to win any of those two games imo. He pushed the game we scored 2 goals in OT. He could have made a difference in that game. But imo that's the only game he could have made a difference. All the other losses are on the offence.
Nobody is saying they lost "because of him" but he wasnt clutch or stellar like a goalie SOMETIMES has to be.
Instead you denigrate Henrik and say he was "shaky".
Your analysis is laughable.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I've seen a lot of people saying it.
What do you have to do to be "proven"? Win one round? Win a cup? Play well?

Lundqvist only made the cup once himself and that was with Price going down to injury. Does that mean he wasn't good in the playoffs over his career? I don't think so.

Like I said though, this isn't unique to Price. Until you win a cup you will be considered "unproven." It doesn't matter what the teams you're on are like. OV went through it and I suspect McDavid will go through it until he wins too.

The Yzerman example is the best. He was never a "true leader" until the day he won, and then those same critics fell over themselves talking about his "great leadership."

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Nobody is saying they lost "because of him" but he wasnt clutch or stellar like a goalie SOMETIMES has to be.
Instead you denigrate Henrik and say he was "shaky".
Your analysis is laughable.

Saying Lundqvist was better is basically saying we lost because of Price in my book. Lundqvist was not any better. NYR as a whole was better. Price did not make the difference like a 10 millions player should (he was not paid 10 millions back then right?). I'm not denying that. I'm denying that Lundqvist was better. NYR offence was better not Lundqvist.

Our offence was so bad this playoffs series it was humiliating. Danault was playing in the middle of Radulov and Patch and he looked 100% lost and over his head. It was hard to watch him trying to comprehend what was going on. Shaw sucked big time. King started the series on the 3rd line while AG was playing on a 4th line and King crapped the bed big time. Patch i wont even talk about him. Nobody was good in that series outside of Radulov in all situation and Lehkonen on the PP. That's the only two guys who could look themselves in the mirror after 6 games.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
What do you have to do to be "proven"? Win one round? Win a cup? Play well?

Lundqvist only made the cup once himself and that was with Price going down to injury. Does that mean he wasn't good in the playoffs over his career? I don't think so.

Like I said though, this isn't unique to Price. Until you win a cup you will be considered "unproven." It doesn't matter what the teams you're on are like. OV went through it and I suspect McDavid will go through it until he wins too.

The Yzerman example is the best. He was never a "true leader" until the day he won, and then those same critics fell over themselves talking about his "great leadership."

There could be diverse ways of analysing it. I just know that 60 games and .914 is not one of them. And even if you stick with post 2011, while .920 is good, 12, 12 and 6 games doesen't cut it. There's just no way you can safely say that you know exactly what he'll give you with that resume. Not yet. And I did say times and times again that it's clearly not solely on him.

By the way, I'm not even talking about Lundqvist. Couldn't care less at this point.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Saying Lundqvist was better is basically saying we lost because of Price in my book. Lundqvist was not any better. NYR as a whole was better. Price did not make the difference like a 10 millions player should (he was not paid 10 millions back then right?). I'm not denying that. I'm denying that Lundqvist was better. NYR offence was better not Lundqvist.

Our offence was so bad this playoffs series it was humiliating. Danault was playing in the middle of Radulov and Patch and he looked 100% lost and over his head. It was hard to watch him trying to comprehend what was going on. Shaw sucked big time. King started the series on the 3rd line while AG was playing on a 4th line and King crapped the bed big time. Patch i wont even talk about him. Nobody was good in that series outside of Radulov in all situation and Lehkonen on the PP. That's the only two guys who could look themselves in the mirror after 6 games.
But you said Henrik was "shaky". Quit lying to protect your hero.
At least you're getting closer to the truth when you say Price did not make a difference. That was my whole point before you went into your tangents.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
There could be diverse ways of analysing it. I just know that 60 games and .914 is not one of them. And even if you stick with post 2011, while .920 is good, 12, 12 and 6 games doesen't cut it. There's just no way you can safely say that you know exactly what he'll give you with that resume. Not yet. And I did say times and times again that it's clearly not solely on him.
We're probably saying that same thing so I'll just leave it at that.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
At least you're getting closer to the truth when you say Price did not make a difference. That was my whole point before you went into your tangents.

He was shaky. Shaky doesn't mean bad. At the beginning of the series he was giving lot of rebounds and did not look confident but we were not generating anything after the 3rd game.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'd agree he was shaky for most of that series. I don't think it's unfair to say that. He lost his stick repeatedly and we didn't capitalize. And this is not an insult to Hank either. He's a wicked goalie and he obviously put up great numbers in that series.

He was great in the last two games though.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
He was shaky. Shaky doesn't mean bad. At the beginning of the series he was giving lot of rebounds and did not look confident but we were not generating anything after the 3rd game.
.947 save percentage.
Now your spinning what shaky means.
can you imagine if I called Price shaky.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
.947 save percentage.
Now your spinning what shaky means.
can you imagine if I called Price shaky.
Shaky isnt a number, it would be a description of how the saves were being made. How f***ing hard is that to understand.

Reactions: LaP

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Price allbyhimselftypicalMTL cup run was cut short by injuries in 2014. He was great that year and had all fans believing.

I still believe in him and he gives us a chance to win every night but at some point some fans need to understand the difference between goalies is razor thin and its only over a long sample that it shows. Our team is average and its a 31 teams league its stupid that he should be judged only on stanley cups.

A lot of hate he receives is undeserved and should be directed towards our GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad