Player Discussion Carey Price - Who's Your Daddy? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Price is a good consistent goalie. but what has he ever done in the playoffs or big games? Not much. That's still something he needs to add to his resume.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Price is a good consistent goalie. but what has he ever done in the playoffs or big games? Not much. That's still something he needs to add to his resume.

Agreed but the guy can’t do it by himself. Last time we were in the playoffs team couldn’t score 2 goals a game lol

Reactions: Justin11

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Agreed but the guy can’t do it by himself. Last time we were in the playoffs team couldn’t score 2 goals a game lol
I remember that last series against the Rangers and Henrik came up big when he had to and Price did not. Price did not play bad but he was not terrific. I'd like to see him be terrific in a playoff run. That's what almost all great goalies have done. He still has time and I feel it's in him.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I remember that last series against the Rangers and Henrik came up big when he had to and Price did not. Price did not play bad but he was not terrific. I'd like to see him be terrific in a playoff run. That's what almost all great goalies have done. He still has time and I feel it's in him.

Didn't Price just play 1.5 periods the entire series?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Price is just not a big game goalie and won't be,

he isn't that guy who is going to elevate his game come playoff time and win a cup,

even somebody like MAF was able to do it behind a poor defense in Pitts,

heck even niemi was able to do it,

Price just crumbles under the pressure

Quick question, which forward elevated his games a la Crosby, Malkin or Kessel?
Yeah, that's what i thought......but Price won the Gold Medal at the olympic behind those guys.

I guess the player didn't know what they re talking about when they vote for him when asked which goalie they would take for a game 7th in the PO....bunch of NHL player who don't know what they are talking about.....HFer like you knows way much, right?

They only reasons we played big game this year is because of Price

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Quick question, which forward elevated his games a la Crosby, Malkin or Kessel?
Yeah, that's what i thought......but Price won the Gold Medal at the olympic behind those guys.

I guess the player didn't know what they re talking about when they vote for him when asked which goalie they would take for a game 7th in the PO....bunch of NHL player who don't know what they are talking about.....HFer like you knows way much, right?

They only reasons we played big game this year is because of Price
I could have played goal for the elite Canada teams and we still could have won.

Price still has not done what most great goalies have accomplished: and that is lead his team with spectacular play in the playoffs. I dont care what polls say. They are just talk.

Last night was a microcosm of Price's career.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I could have played goal for the elite Canada teams and we still could have won.

Price still has not done what most great goalies have accomplished: and that is lead his team with spectacular play in the playoffs. I dont care what polls say. They are just talk.

Last night was a microcosm of Price's career.

Yep, i could be the goalie of Tampa right now.....what's your point?

Yet, how many goals Team Canada scored in the final game of the Olympic which made it so eaaaaasy for Price? Must have been 7 or 8 per games, since they were sooooooooooooo better.

If you don't remember....They beat USA 1-0 = Shutout for Price and then beat Finalnd 3-0 another shutout for Price. But i guess those weren't big games.

Reactions: Vachon23

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Yep, i could be the goalie of Tampa right now.....what's your point?

Yet, how many goals Team Canada scored in the final game of the Olympic which made it so eaaaaasy for Price? Must have been 7 or 8 per games, since they were sooooooooooooo better.

If you don't remember....They beat USA 1-0 = Shutout for Price and then beat Finalnd 3-0 another shutout for Price. But i guess those weren't big games.

That is my point. Carey didnt have to do much to win that GOLD. The team was stacked. Of course credit to him for standing there and tending goal.

AGAIN my point. Most of the all time greats in goal have done something significant in the NHL PLAYOFFS. Do you remember Roy, Dryden at all?

Price? ZERO. I'm not bashing him. I'm stating the obvious. And I still think he'll do just that in a couple of years. I hope.

Reactions: leshabs5566

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
That is my point. Carey didnt have to do much to win that GOLD. The team was stacked. Of course credit to him for standing there and tending goal.

AGAIN my point. Most of the all time greats in goal have done something significant in the NHL PLAYOFFS. Do you remember Roy, Dryden at all?

Price? ZERO. I'm not bashing him. I'm stating the obvious. And I still think he'll do just that in a couple of years. I hope.

You mean the Dryden that had a STACKED team in front of him?
Yeah, i remember him and he had a more stacked team compare to other team in the NHL.....lot more stacked than Canada in the Olympic.

Price won every individual award in his career that he could have won on his own....Stanley Cups are won by a team, not a goaltender. I know it's hard concept to grasp in Montreal that a Team Award is won by a team and not one player.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

The king did not came up big. He was very shaky that playoffs series. I question whatever some people actually watched that series when they say he played well. He was shaky as hell but our offense leaded by Danault would not have scored against a beer league goalie. Only Radulov looked like a real NHL player that series. All the others looked overwhelmed by the level of play.

The king in the 2nd round gave 4+ goals 3 times in 6 games against Ottawa and it was a big reason why Ottawa won the series. Price that year gave 2 and less regulation time goals 4 times in 6 games against NYR. That was more than enough to win the series. We lost because we scored 11 goals in 6 games (+ two OT).

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He played the whole series. And not very well. Very average.

He gave 14 goals in 6 games + two OT. If this is average i would like to know what is good. In the 2nd round Ottawa gave 20 goals in 6 times against the same NYR but still won the series. Price was certainly not stellar but he was vastly superior to the team playing in front of him that series.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The king did not came up big. He was very shaky that playoffs series. I question whatever some people actually watched that series when they say he played well. He was shaky as hell but our offense leaded by Danault would not have scored against a beer league goalie. Only Radulov looked like a real NHL player that series. All the others looked overwhelmed by the level of play.

The king in the 2nd round gave 4+ goals 3 times in 6 games against Ottawa and it was a big reason why Ottawa won the series. Price that year gave 2 and less regulation time goals 4 times in 6 games against NYR. That was more than enough to win the series. We lost because we scored 11 goals in 6 games (+ two OT).
Yes I do question whether you watched the series. This from an article following the series:

1. HENRIK LUNDQVIST WINS GOALTENDING DUEL

Some pundits probably gave Canadiens goalie Carey Price the edge before the first round got underway, but Lundqvist was slightly better as the series progressed. He allowed 11 goals over the six games and showed that despite some inconsistency over the course of the regular season, he's back to being the world-class goaltender at the right time of year.
Video: MTL@NYR, Gm6: Lundqvist uses pad for clutch save
Lundqvist finished the series with a 1.70 goals-against average and a .947 save percentage.
"We knew he was going to be there for us," Rangers defenseman Marc Staal said. "We had ups and downs as a team, with him as well. He worked extremely hard to get to the top of his game. That's where he is right now, and it's huge for us."

Reactions: leshabs5566

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
He gave 14 goals in 6 games + two OT. If this is average i would like to know what is good. In the 2nd round Ottawa gave 20 goals in 6 times against the same NYR but still won the series. Price was certainly not stellar but he was vastly superior to the team playing in front of him that series.
Like I had said he was not terrible. but he didnt make the key saves at the key times in a pretty even series.

robicgi

Oct 17, 2018
Price defenders will never listen, they are just in love with Price no matter how bad he is,

Blame the team, blame the refs, blame Youppi, its never Price's fault :rolleyes:

So every hockey analist and the players and gms who voted him the best several times are all wrong but you have it right? Cmon man , you may not like him and i can respect that but to say hes not one of the best goalies and to constantly rip him like you are has me wondering if your a leafs fan lol. There is not a goalie who has ever played that you would be happy with if your not happy with Price. To say he is our problem when we are possibly the weakest team on D in the league and have never iced a true contender in front of him is rediculous. Possibly some of the most assinine posts i have ever read on here.
Now i will patiently await the rude and angry response about how i must not know anything and maybe you could throw in a personal insult as well lol
Dont take stuff so personal man.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Yes I do question whether you watched the series. This from an article following the series:

1. HENRIK LUNDQVIST WINS GOALTENDING DUEL

Some pundits probably gave Canadiens goalie Carey Price the edge before the first round got underway, but Lundqvist was slightly better as the series progressed. He allowed 11 goals over the six games and showed that despite some inconsistency over the course of the regular season, he's back to being the world-class goaltender at the right time of year.
Video: MTL@NYR, Gm6: Lundqvist uses pad for clutch save
Lundqvist finished the series with a 1.70 goals-against average and a .947 save percentage.
"We knew he was going to be there for us," Rangers defenseman Marc Staal said. "We had ups and downs as a team, with him as well. He worked extremely hard to get to the top of his game. That's where he is right now, and it's huge for us."

I definitely watched this series and i pity any journalist thinking goaltending made a difference in that series. Our offence sucked *****. What happened to Lundqvist in the 2nd round? He gave 4+ goals 66.6% of the games in the 2nd round. He all of a sudden was not great anymore? Just like that? No what happened in the 2nd round is Lundvist had to face an offence not sucking. I watched all of those games. Price was not the reason we lost. The offence was.

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Soon as TSN starts yapping about how good Price is, how focused he is, he will let in a quick 2 like clockwork. Also, anyone else can't stand this new play by play guy on TSN2? Nothing but stupid stories and obscure facts, very irritating after a bit.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I definitely watched this series and i pity any journalist thinking goaltending made a difference in that series. Our offence sucked *****.
But you said Lunquist sucked in the series.

Oh so now you're questioning the journalists. You know better.
You say Henrik was "shaky".
.947 save percentage.
Hate to see your interpretation of stellar.
He outplayed Price .

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Price was .930 in that series...
But you said Lunquist sucked in the series.

Oh so now you're questioning the journalists. You know better.
You say Henrik was "shaky".
.947 save percentage.
Hate to see your interpretation of stellar.
He outplayed Price .
The Habs went dry from January onward. We could not score - and not just against Lundqvist.

If your goalie puts up .930 and you lose then you've got other problems.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I Like Price this year. A lot. But nobody in their right mind can say that Price is a playoff proven goalie. Whether it's his fault or not. This STILL needs to be determined. 14 freakin years after being drafted. How bad is that. And it's either one thing, another or a combination of both. Price's fault and/or GM's fault for not surrounding better. But that stat alone is just disgraceful. Wasting such a talent is mad.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I Like Price this year. A lot. But nobody in their right mind can say that Price is a playoff proven goalie. Whether it's his fault or not. This STILL needs to be determined. 14 freakin years after being drafted. How bad is that. And it's either one thing, another or a combination of both. Price's fault and/or GM's fault for not surrounding better. But that stat alone is just disgraceful. Wasting such a talent is mad.
Depends on what you mean by "proven" I guess. He's proven that can play well. Problem is that we haven't had a team good enough to win anything.

It's the same with all players though. Until you win a cup it will be held against you, fair or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad